Kamila Valieva | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Scott512

Record Breaker
Is she healthy? Someone please tell me KV is healthy. I know she only did the gala recently in Moscow at that covid reckless GP event but she shared a locker room with some skaters who are now covid positive. It kind of makes you go hmmm.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
My only complaint if I may... she added 5 points in BV, but the final score increased only by 1 point compared to her last competition.

But Kamila really decided to show everyone who’s da mvp: rippon 3A as a 2nd jump! Good lord, Kami, what are you doing?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
3A with a step out is not that much more than 2A with high GOE. 2 to 3 points. And they didn't award her quite the same PCS. The program wasn't entirely clean with the step out.

Imagine the score without the step out. 3 points or so more GOE and two more bonus points. Easily in the 90's 😲
Usually 3A with a step out still worth more than a clean 2A, because of the difference in BV (3 vs 8). What I also usually notice is that skaters with any landed attempt of a 3A still score higher than they normally would with a clean 2A in SP.
I can sort of agree with the lower PCS, because the step out can count as a mistake that was big enough for capping PCS, and it made program less polished and clean compared to her last stage. But that SP still was really good, and she keeps improving her attention to detail.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Awesome job! But tomorrow is a bigger day and a great opportunity to show what she can do with the snake program. Two quads and at least one 3A is on my wish list. And please make it clean or at least close to that. With 20pts lead this is a great moment to just show what you've got! 🔥
You have quite the wish list. ;)

KV leads the SP by 20 points? Wow!

Azikin

Medalist
Two quads and at least one 3A is on my wish list. And please make it clean or at least close to that. With 20pts lead this is a great moment to just show what you've got! 🔥
That lead is an opportunity to take it a bit easier.. ;-) I don't think she needs to go for as high score as possible.. We will see.. ;-)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
That lead is an opportunity to take it a bit easier.. ;-) I don't think she needs to go for as high score as possible.. We will see.. ;-)
On one side yes, she can choose the safe way without any risk to lose. On the other this is good opportunity to try the free program with hard elements still without much risk (and nerves) for the final result before the next hard try at the nationals.

Last edited:

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Good job today 👏👍

It’s a good opportunity for her to try her bolero 🐍 with new elements but she also can chose the safer way.

the main competition is the nationals where all the top skater will gather if they are healthy.

AngieHc

Spectator
Country
Portugal
Everything this young lady does is absolutely glorious. Every time I see her skate it blows my mind - the sensibility, the musicality, the flexibility and the tecnique. What a precious diamond! Thank you Kamila for getting me back into figure skating after Zagitova "retired". I hope to see you grow and further wow the audience for many years to come.

trkvy

Match Penalty
Warm-up 3A

giphy.gif