Karen Chen | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Karen Chen

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm looking at her right this minute. There's someone else here. I know she looks familiar, but I can't place who it is. Grrrr....Love hearing the music.

ETA -- I think maybe the other skater was U.S.'s Hannah Miller.

saphire

On the Ice
I'm looking at her right this minute. There's someone else here. I know she looks familiar, but I can't place who it is. Grrrr....Love hearing the music. One of the skaters is playing gorgeous music that I know Jeremy Abbott skated to.

ETA -- I think maybe the other skater was U.S.'s Hannah Miller.

great news! thanks for the update!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
great news! thanks for the update!

Yes, she was hard at work. Her Illumination music is wonderful. I've seen her live before but am always impressed by her incredible speed.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@Arriba627
thank you so much for your repo,
seems Karen and Hanner Miller (another artistic skater needs jump help) are indeed working with Alex Ode O.:love::luv17:
Best Wishes to them both!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Arriba627
thank you so much for your repo,
seems Karen and Hannah Miller (another artistic skater needs jump help) are indeed working with Alex Ode O.:love::luv17:
Best Wishes to them both!

Have to say, I thought Hannah and her jumps were looking good. I think her official coach is Raf, right?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Have to say, I thought Hannah and her jumps were looking good. I think her official coach is Raf, right?

AFAIK, she is no longer with Raf for quite some time now. Glad that you think Hannah's jump is looking good. wish she can have some good results this new season.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
AFAIK, she is no longer with Raf for quite some time now. Glad that you think Hannah's jump is looking good. wish she can have some good results this new season.

You're right on that. Hannah has been with Tammy Gambill since Aug. 2016. :hijacked: Sorry for hijacking Karen's thread.

rnois13

On the Ice
theres a rumor that Karen withdrew from the ongoing Philadelpia competition. tsl said shes with Tammy/Tom Z now and could be injured. Shes on her igs promoting a blood test product, hope shes doing ok.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
theres a rumor that Karen withdrew from the ongoing Philadelpia competition. tsl said shes with Tammy/Tom Z now and could be injured. Shes on her igs promoting a blood test product, hope shes doing ok.

A pity that she's possibly injured. I'm a bit sad that she went back to Tammy even if she now has access to Tom's teaching.
IDK
I honestly think Ouriashev is the better answer to her technical issues.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
theres a rumor that Karen withdrew from the ongoing Philadelpia competition. ...

Karen's withdrawal was announced at last night's draw for the SP.

At this point, it is not a rumor.

(As I said in the U.S. Ladies thread: not surprisingly, no reason for Karen's withdrawal was announced.)

loopy1217

Rinkside
Karen's withdrawal was announced at last night's draw for the SP.

At this point, it is not a rumor.

(As I said in the U.S. Ladies thread: not surprisingly, no reason for Karen's withdrawal was announced.)

So is that means she didn’t even travel to philly? It’s odd that she put her name in the list and then drop out last minute.

And I assume she still hasn’t release her LP music, ISU website still have 2017-2018 info:/

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So is that means she didn’t even travel to philly? It’s odd that she put her name in the list and then drop out last minute. ...

I forgot to repeat in this thread that she was not at official practice that took place right before last night's draw.
(Thus it does seem possible(?) to me that she did not travel to Pennylvania at all? But I certainly do not claim to know for sure.)

And I do not know when she officially gave notice of her withdrawal. FWIW:
Within twenty or thirty minutes before International Ladies practice started, I noticed that the names for the two practice groups were posted at the entrance to Rink 2. (When I was coming/going into and out of Rink 2 earlier in the afternoon, I had not noticed the sheet of names -- although it is possible that it simply escaped my attention.)
Karen's name definitely was listed for the second practice group.
(And IIRC, when the announcer at practice said for her group, "The following skaters may take the ice ...," I seem to recall that he did say Karen's name along with the others.)​

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Get well soon Karen... best of luck this season!

Tulipstar

Medalist
I really hope Karen gains consistench this season, picks up a GP medal (or two) and gains momentum all the way up to World's.

More of those gorgeous Spirals, please.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Do we have any updates on how she’s doing???? Anything??? On if she’s injured, if she’s fine and that was just a rumor, etc. So much silence. maybe she’s waiting to get feedback on her program at champs camp before announcing it?

loopy1217

Rinkside
Do we have any updates on how she’s doing???? Anything??? On if she’s injured, if she’s fine and that was just a rumor, etc. So much silence. maybe she’s waiting to get feedback on her program at champs camp before announcing it?
I’m curious about her as well. It seems weird she post about SP (twice...) so early in the summer and then radio silence on LP. Champs camp is this week, maybe we will hear more after that? I really hope she is going to US classic or any CS assignment to test out the programs and the lutz combo improvement from Alex O.