Kevin Reynolds continues to struggle with skate problems | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Kevin Reynolds continues to struggle with skate problems

hb2010

Rinkside
A man who has been teaching Japanese to Kevin writes in his blog that
Kevin said he will aim to place top two at Nationals so that he can go to Japan
as one of members of WTT.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
BTW, IMO, at the JGPF, after Uno, Roman Sadovsky had the best FS in terms of presentation and musicality. He skated great, the best I've ever seen from him. Compared to Sadovsky, Nam Nguyen is stiff and a little wooden---Nam may have the jumps down pat, but Roman has more natural artistry and grace.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
BTW, IMO, at the JGPF, after Uno, Roman Sadovsky had the best FS in terms of presentation and musicality. He skated great, the best I've ever seen from him. Compared to Sadovsky, Nam Nguyen is stiff and a little wooden---Nam may have the jumps down pat, but Roman has more natural artistry and grace.

I personally find Sadovsky kinda blah. His skating skills are excellent and he's elegant to watch, but his performances are flat to me.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oi! Canada! THIS GUY!

(I was sitting in a room full of other people the first time I saw this program. We all gave a simultaneous cry of delight at the exact same moment. Guess which...)

emdee

Final Flight

I love Sadovskys skating.
He needs his triple axel to compete. He has wonderful flow and grace at 15.
Nam has improved his woodeness a good deal and his choreo reflects that.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Oi! Canada! THIS GUY!

(I was sitting in a room full of other people the first time I saw this program. We all gave a simultaneous cry of delight at the exact same moment. Guess which...)

He's wonderful but he fights for a lot of landings, his skating has a wonderful smooth quality to it but he's going to need harder jumps after he lands his current ones better. Elladj Balde and Liam Firus will most likely place ahead of him at Nationals, but then again, men are so unpredictable

AprilS

On the Ice
Why, the blown kiss in the middle of the steps, of course. Hit the beat of the music perfectly.

Woops missed that completely! I must rewatch it! :eek::

Back to topic: I do hope Kevin wins Nats this year (though I have my doubts)! With Patrick coming back next year and Nam on the rise, this may be his best shot at the title, and I would love to see him grab the opportunity. He seems like such a sweet fellow (and he's my home-town boy).

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Woops missed that completely! I must rewatch it! :eek::

Back to topic: I do hope Kevin wins Nats this year (though I have my doubts)! With Patrick coming back next year and Nam on the rise, this may be his best shot at the title, and I would love to see him grab the opportunity. He seems like such a sweet fellow (and he's my home-town boy).

I really hope he wins also. It's redemption time! I'm trying to keep my hopes up. But being me, I have a mindset of thinking of the worst so I won't be disappointed. Which leads to high anxiety. But I rather have that than to believe in a false positive hope or delusion and to be greatly disappointed. I will definitely get stomach cramps and skipped heartbeats from being nervous for him. I really hope I don't puke from being nervous for him. Never happened and I hope it never will.

Kevin could come out and surprise us. It's possible that that could happen. But I'm not trusting that thought 100%.

You live near Coquitlam, BC?

Taan

On the Ice
With no Chan, Reynolds eyeing national title:cheer:
http://www.nanaimobulletin.com/national/sport/288873961.html
It's been a frustrating ordeal that has taken up the better part of two seasons, and involved more than dozen pairs of skates.

But finally, Kevin Reynolds believes it's over. He's found a pair of skates that fit.

And now the 24-year-old from Coquitlam, B.C., heads into next week's Canadian figure skating championships in Kingston, Ont., more confident than he's been in ages, and with his eyes on capturing his first national senior title......
Which brand he chose, he preferred not to say Friday. He'll talk about that after the Canadian championships.

But the new boots have allowed him to train hard for a solid four to five weeks, which is more than he's managed in almost two seasons.