Ladies LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Need I say anything about Fumie? :love: She may not have the metals or dominance as say MK did, but I prefer her in EVERY way. My favorite Program this season by far, enjoyed this even more then "Cancion-Orilla," Pink Panther or Jupiter. She really is a dream come true regardless of her placements or no 3x3 - whatever. Absolutely a joy to watch and the epitome of an Ice skater IMO. Great interviews (to Short) and "Mama Suguri" Send her my way!!!!:laugh: :laugh: Thing is I would NEVER stop or even slightly discourage her from skating. EVER! You can see she truly loves that ice and time away from it would likely have adverse effects. She is the type who needs / deserves a rink in her house.:yes:

I thought of you during that fluff piece, SeaniBu! She said her mom wanted her to find a husband and I told the TV (yeah, I talk back to the TV, doesn't everyone?) "Fumie! I've got just the guy for you!"
I hope her mom isn't giving her too much pressure to settle down. There are thousands (at least!:laugh: ) of married women in Japan - but there's only one Fumie Suguri.
xoxo
Rave

waxel

Final Flight
But I really think it's just like 6.0 again-

Ahhh. 6.0. Just hearing the term makes me smile and long for the good old days ... by that I mean knowing what a score meant when it was posted. I wonder if there is a way to take the CoP score and translate it to the 6.0 system.

MM, any possibilities there??? LOL. No? I thought not.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
There are thousands (at least!:laugh: ) of married women in Japan - but there's only one Fumie Suguri.
xoxo
Rave

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yah I would say Chika could "supply" the grand babies first:agree: Even if I was lucky enough:rofl: I would still have no problem with her skating or "childfree" for as long as she wants. The Ice just seems like something that she should never be without.

I guess I should mention other skaters too hunh? Takahashi's foot work OMG. I was rather shocked to Not see a quad from Oda??? He had his reasons, but I didn't know it until his routine was over.

And Mao has two new fans, My friends could not get over how effortless her jumps seemed (to them) and how she seemed to have such a great personality. One said "can you imagine how proud her parents must be?" Then I told them about Mia. I have now been sequestered to make some DVDs for a new fan of FS. Anyone know where I can get my hands on a vid of Chika?

Last edited:

hsj2136

Spectator
You are always talking about her jumps!!

You are always talking about her jumps!!
How ridiculous and funny it is!! :rofl:
Figure skating is a sport, yes, that's right.
So, whether Mao landed 3A or not is important
and I'm also glad to see her 3T back.
BUT!!!! At the same time, figure skating is an ART!! You know??
What did you see except jumps in her Czardas??
I couln't see anything!!
The program has nearly no transitions!!
We can applaud to her, but she can't move or touch our mind with her program.
I hope you guys see Katarina Witt's Czardas and compare it to Mao's.

christinaskater

Medalist
Fumie has a masterpiece in her hands! Hope she wins the worlds to make it a culmination of her greatness and love for the sport

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Fumie has a masterpiece in her hands! Hope she wins the worlds to make it a culmination of her greatness and love for the sport
From your keyboard to the skating gods' ears, Christina. :bow:
I love Fumie's free skate, even with music that I would probably loathe if someone wasn't skating to it. She's easily the most audience-friendly of the Japanese ladies, and it's a joy to watch her.
However. First she has to make it to Worlds. It occurred to me last night that with the triple/triple combos and triple axels her competitors have, someone is going to have to have a really bad night at Nationals for Fumie to advance.
I'm not going to sit around wishing for Nakano to fall, or Asada to grow another inch this month, and after last season, I can't wish anything but good for Ando. What's a Fumie fan to do?
There's just too much talent on this team!!! :laugh:
xoxo
Rave

mkdream

Rinkside
From your keyboard to the skating gods' ears, Christina. :bow:
I love Fumie's free skate, even with music that I would probably loathe if someone wasn't skating to it. She's easily the most audience-friendly of the Japanese ladies, and it's a joy to watch her.
However. First she has to make it to Worlds. It occurred to me last night that with the triple/triple combos and triple axels her competitors have, someone is going to have to have a really bad night at Nationals for Fumie to advance.
I'm not going to sit around wishing for Nakano to fall, or Asada to grow another inch this month, and after last season, I can't wish anything but good for Ando. What's a Fumie fan to do?
xoxo
Rave

I agree!! I loved her at NHK. I am gonna be rooting for her at Worlds. She is so beautiful, I would love for her to have one World title.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Fumie...

If Fumie skates like she has been skating at her GP events, then she will have no problems making it onto the World Team. The Japanese Federation knows that a lackluster Fumie will still score better than Nakano, on PCS scores alone. Not to mention that Fumie has better technique than Nakano (despite Nakano's sometimes present 3axel). Fumie just has to focus on landing most of her jumps and its hers.

The only other competitor who might be a threat is Yoshie Onda, who has landed a ton of triples this year in her LP, but the judges aren't biting. So I think the Japanese World Team is probably Asada, Ando and Suguri.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
First she has to make it to Worlds. It occurred to me last night that with the triple/triple combos and triple axels her competitors have, someone is going to have to have a really bad night at Nationals for Fumie to advance.
xoxo
Rave

I actually wouldn't spend too much time worrying about this, because one thing about Fumie that I can't say about too many other skaters is that she's totally clutch. She knows just what to do at just the right moment in big comps. Plus, she peaks late in the season. Not to mention, last year everyone counted her out based on all the talent in Japan ~ but she's the national champ. Not Mao and not Miki...

I'd be more surprised if she didn't make the team...

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I actually wouldn't spend too much time worrying about this, because one thing about Fumie that I can't say about too many other skaters is that she's totally clutch. She knows just what to do at just the right moment in big comps. Plus, she peaks late in the season. Not to mention, last year everyone counted her out based on all the talent in Japan ~ but she's the national champ. Not Mao and not Miki...

I'd be more surprised if she didn't make the team...

True enough - the podium at Japanese Nationals is almost never what we think it's going to be. I wish US Nationals were that unpredictable.
Am I the only American here who's more excited about team Japan than team USA?
xoxo
Rave

R.D.

Record Breaker
You've a point- Japanese nats is certainly going to have a lot more top contenders than US nats is. But I can't really get as interested in other countries' nationals, no matter how exciting, as in US nationals. Of course though Worlds trumps them all.

No. I find Japan seniors much more exciting than the USA this year. In men AND women (unless Johnny returns to "Fairyland," as another poster put it, i.e. his true uniqueness as a skater IMO.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I agree with the Nippon skaters over all. But is Johnny's "fairyland" really that unique to him?

I think so, i think his swan was a unique as can be with the COP elements in it. I even loved the costume. And he had very unique posture and lines. I've not seen those nicely held positions and time taken to create lines this season. This season he looks like eery other male skater out there and doesn't stand out. Last season, even when he messed up he was still nice to watch, this season....i'm hoping he gets better.

Ant

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well his goal this year was to look like every other skater... we have yet to find out if it will work for him because for whatever reason he can't land his jumps...