Loena Hendrickx | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Loena Hendrickx

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, Loena skated a really good Free Skate. She was way better than her skate in Budapest. Just a slight wobble in her 3 jump combination. Solid overall score of 204+ for another gold medal. She is killing it at these international Challenge events. I think her PCS score should be higher. This is the highest score earned by a lady outside of RUS, JPN, KOR and USA. Dare I say she is now a top ten contender at Worlds. I think she could give Karen Chen and the two Koreans a challenge. I’m so proud of Loena considering her physical size and the federation she is from. She is really such a gem of joy to watch. So glad to see her healthy and back from her injury.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm hoping to watch her skate (and a few others) this evening. According to the site you can watch a replay of the event a few hours later. I am really looking forward to watching Loena's skate!

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It’s too bad the challenge cup was on a pay stream. Not too many people got to see that event. Her doing well at the world championships was no surprise really.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Loena's post on her excellent Worlds!

After so many setbacks, never giving up and working my ass off to come back! That’s what I showed last week and I’m so damn proud of my achievement. The love for figure skating is simply enormous! Believe in yourself and make it happen. It may be difficult now but if the love is big enough you can achieve anything. Go chase your dreams ✨💕
Overwhelmed by the massive number of messages I got, thank you all for the support, it means a lot!

166028316_2801176623530504_5313669390827575723_n.jpg

165543796_1135062033600942_3183201775692618389_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM-Nu8PJqLE/

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I was so happy for her, and I think I've watched both the programme and the reaction in the Kiss and Cry multiple times. Loved those almost popping eyes.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I have always liked both Maé and Loena, but this respectful, enthusiastic and just wonderful tribute makes me like both skaters even more. And definitely not because of their achievements but because of this ultimate sportmanship. Good for Maé! Loena can be really pleased with such a 'granny' supporting her in this way. And we all agree, don't we.