Logistical question about Cup of China | Golden Skate

Logistical question about Cup of China

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
I'm posting this here because it's not about this year's Cup of China. We've been thinking about a trip to China in two years. Cup of China could be included since we'd likely go in the fall. Keep in mind we are not Chinese and don't speak or read the language.

I looked up where the event has been held and most of the time it's either Beijing or Shanghai. Is this likely to continue or is it always a big unknown until the event gets closer. Are the arenas in a location that's convenient to the city or way out in the boonies?

It could be that we'd make this a last-minute trip tacked on to something else. Does Cup of China sell out? Are tickets available at the door? China looks very inexpensive for hotels so I'm wondering about the price of the event tickets.

We will probably depart from Los Angeles or San Francisco. Do you think this is doable without a group trip from the states? I don't see any problem for us with flights, hotels and even local transportation using taxis.

Thanks.

bluebell0710

Rinkside
It is said that COC 2015 will be back to Beijing. But no formal information now.
Generally the COC ticket will be available from the beginning of Sep.
No matter Beijing or Shanghai, you can go by yourself without a group trip.