Love and Punishment | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Love and Punishment

LoveShura

On the Ice
That is so interesting , and it brought to my mind a conversation I had with a patient about him being in Turkey at that time!!! Meganda, you must have your Phd in many areas! Your brain is amazing!

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Most of us know there was a Korean war, but not that there were some 22 nations (including Turkey) fighting in it.

http://www.historynet.com/korean-war-1st-turkish-brigades-baptism-of-fire.htm

Here's the first several paragraphs for a description, but go back to the link and read through to the description of the Turkish soldiers - it's wonderful:

The Korean War, described by many, including then President Harry S. Truman, as a police action, marked the first time that the United States and the fledgling United Nations organization entered into a partnership to halt the advance of the Cold War into the Far East.

A total of 22 nations agreed to send either troops or medical units. Sixteen countries responded to the U.N. resolution by sending troops to halt the invasion of South Korea by the North Koreans. One of the first of the major participants to send a brigade was Turkey. The first Turkish contingent arrived on October 19, 1950, and in varying strengths remained until midsummer 1954.

Wow, this is awesome, you're awesome! Thank you.

Meganda

Medalist
That is so interesting , and it brought to my mind a conversation I had with a patient about him being in Turkey at that time!!! Meganda, you must have your Phd in many areas! Your brain is amazing!

Sweetheart I just like google. I don't know how we lived without it!

Lilarose

On the Ice
Ok Youtube is E16 30 minutes in - when she calls the clansmen sharecroppers. From now on I'll call the episode prefixed with Y for youtube , Y16 30 min. in. We'll have to wait for Savas saying he's not a land owner, it's in a future episode that I haven't watched yet this time around. I call the netflix episode N29 etc.

Meganda I have watched the episode but I haven't heard such thing. Savaş has bought land to build a fabric. But it's normal that ağas in Turkey owning land. But honestley I don' t know everything about east culture and clans in Turkey. Mostable Kurds have clans and most of them live in southeast in Turkey.

Meganda

Medalist
Meganda I have watched the episode but I haven't heard such thing. Savaş has bought land to build a fabric. But it's normal that ağas in Turkey owning land. But honestley I don' t know everything about east culture and clans in Turkey. Mostable Kurds have clans and most of them live in southeast in Turkey.

Thank you very much for spending the time doing that Lilarose. It's much appreciated. And it's ok, I don't know everything about the US.

Meganda

Medalist

I see how you spelled aga with the mark over the g. Does that mean that the g is silent and it makes the a before it a long vowel or something like that. I don't quite remember what I read about the g with the diacritical mark over it.

Lilarose

On the Ice
Goodness! I had to go back... so funny! I never caught that until now.
Iyi geceler...

Meganda that is right. Many houses in Turkey have a doorbel with sound like a tweeting bird. I am not shure but I think it was very in

İn 90s.

Meganda

Medalist
Meganda that is right. Many houses in Turkey have a doorbel with sound like a tweeting bird. I am not shure but I think it was very in

İn 90s.

Oh no, you're kidding me. It just made me laugh and laugh. I thought it was a little sissy of big burly man Bora to have such a sweet little tweet of a doorbell. thanks for the input! :)

Lilarose

On the Ice
I see how you spelled aga with the mark over the g. Does that mean that the g is silent and it makes the a before it a long vowel or something like that. I don't quite remember what I read about the g with the diacritical mark over it.

Meganda thats right. Ğ is silent and makes the vowel longer.

Meganda

Medalist
Rica ederim.....

OK, you did right by answering in Turkish. I had to get my little dictionary out to understand what you said. And it should have been a word I had already heard, but no - it was new to me. When I had the word voiced, it sounded like the 2 words became one or at least the c pulled over to the ederim.

Lilarose

On the Ice
OK, you did right by answering in Turkish. I had to get my little dictionary out to understand what you said. And it should have been a word I had already heard, but no - it was new to me. When I had the word voiced, it sounded like the 2 words became one or at least the c pulled over to the ederim.
Which translater do you use? I recommend you www.seslisozluk.net