Love and Punishment | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Love and Punishment

0.00 star(s)
0.00/5 0 Votes

Genre: Drama

Cast: Tomris İncer, Oktay Gürsoy, Nurgül Yeşilçay, Murat Yildirim, Feride Çetin, Zeynep Beşerler, Caner Kurtaran, Gökçe Yanardağ

First aired:

Overview: Aşk ve Ceza is a Turkish television drama series that aired in 2010-2011. Nunu Yeşilçay, Murat Yildirim and Feride Çetin starring, the series were shot in Van, Bodrum and Istanbul. In 2011, this series were broadcast also in Croatia in Nova TV. In Serbia, this series is airing from January 8, 2013 in 1PRVA. In Georgia TV Maestro started broadcasting this series on 15 April 2013.

Meganda

Medalist
Oh yes, Bora doesn't have a chance against Savas. wonderfulSavas checks him with every BS that comes out of Bora's mouth. It's wonderful.

Meganda

Medalist
I love when they are eating with the borzenski's and are telling their story. The wife ask what brought them together and Savas says Destiny. He looks at Yasemine and says right my love. I noticed the look on Nadya face. Poor thing.

Yes that meal was torture for her.

Meganda

Medalist
Can you believe this: I'm on NE31 ends with one of the best scenes in season 1 and I fell asleep before that scene started and didn't wake up until it was over. I'd better go. Sleep tight both of you.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Eyvah - I just started NE31 - Nazan is at Bora's door. Did you catch the doorbell ring. OMG, heaven forbid, it's a tweeting bird. I can't stop laughing.

Every once in a while my husband comes in the room and asks what I'm laughing about. He asked today if I was preparing my Doctoral Dissertation on Love and Punishment!

Goodness! I had to go back... so funny! I never caught that until now.
Iyi geceler...

Meganda

Medalist
Just noticed the animal hide on the wall in their office, complete with the horns or antlers.

I just envisioned sitting down on that low couch type cushions around that column in the home office AND that animal hide and antlers falling down on me. Heavens who could ever sit on that couch with that hide looming over them.

Meganda

Medalist
What page is the link to the song 'Shy'?! I'll write it down so I don't bug you again Meganda!!

Loveshura save it to your favorites. Make a folder for LP on your bookmarks toolbar and then save anything about lp that you want to keep as a favorite into that folder.

Meganda

Medalist
Denner, Season 2 episode 25 Mustafa is the same height as Endam, so now I don't know what to say. My first reaction is that it is not the same girl although they look at lot alike. It's something about the face that isn't exactly alike.

Meganda

Medalist
Father ifs Kurdish., Mother is Arabic. The storyline somewhat aluded to real Turkish history vis Kurds in Van and Savas saying he was loyal to his country,

This is now interesting. That would mean that the actor Murat is not Turkish by ethnicity, only by nationality.

Here's an interesting article on Kurds in Turkey - not too complimentary, as if kurds are 2nd class citizens. Unfortunately and to our shame, we here in the states certainly know and are familiar with the 2nd class status.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds_in_Turkey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minorities_in_Turkey

Unfortunately, it appears that Turkey had and has it's growing pains with minority ethnicites as the US has had and still does have.

Meganda

Medalist
Denner you talked about watching the episodes so many times that you know the script. I played the song Shy on my smart tv via youtube. I fell asleep and when I woke up it had automatically continued on with LP season 2 (obviously no English subtitles.) I have watched plenty of season 1 over and over but I haven't done the same with season 2. It started with 24 and continued on with 25, 26. I watched with no English subtitles and believe it or not I knew a lot of what was being said, if not the words at least the gist of what was said. For sure it wasn't that I knew Turkish, although I wish that were the case.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
This is now interesting. That would mean that the actor Murat is not Turkish by ethnicity, only by nationality.

Here's an interesting article on Kurds in Turkey - not too complimentary, as if kurds are 2nd class citizens. Unfortunately and to our shame, we here in the states certainly know and are familiar with the 2nd class status.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds_in_Turkey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minorities_in_Turkey

Unfortunately, it appears that Turkey had and has it's growing pains with minority ethnicites as the US has had and still does have.

Murat is in a movie about a young Korean girl and the Turkish military, set during the Turkish-Korean war , which I know nothing about. The film is nominated in the International film festival in LA. If someone knows where to watch it, pls post. I saw a trailer and it looks very interesting. Thanks.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Denner you talked about watching the episodes so many times that you know the script. I played the song Shy on my smart tv via youtube. I fell asleep and when I woke up it had automatically continued on with LP season 2 (obviously no English subtitles.) I have watched plenty of season 1 over and over but I haven't done the same with season 2. It started with 24 and continued on with 25, 26. I watched with no English subtitles and believe it or not I knew a lot of what was being said, if not the words at least the gist of what was said. For sure it wasn't that I knew Turkish, although I wish that were the case.

You might be speaking Turkish in your sleep and your husband isn't telling you.

Meganda

Medalist
You might be speaking Turkish in your sleep and your husband isn't telling you.

lol, oh dear. The problem is you might be right.

- - - Updated - - -

Murat is in a movie about a young Korean girl and the Turkish military, set during the Turkish-Korean war , which I know nothing about. The film is nominated in the International film festival in LA. If someone knows where to watch it, pls post. I saw a trailer and it looks very interesting. Thanks.

What's the title?

Meganda

Medalist
Lol. I find myself answering my friends with Evet and other turkish words. They think I'm nutty. We have learned a lot of expressions. I think I could get by in istanbul at least with my greetings. If y'all are in 35 you noticed poor Savas has pulled out the angel again. Remember in the beginning he kept the angel to bring him luck with her.

If I started answering with my favorite Turkish expressions - I'd probably start with eyvah and Alla hAllah, my husband's eyes would roll to the back of his head and stay there for a minute or two! :)

CokGuzel

Final Flight
E34: Leyla looks so pretty, all dolled up to meet Shanur. Before they leave, it was quite touching to hear her say she dreamed about having a proper wedding for her daughter, her daughter wearing a beautiful dress and looking like a princess. All mothers want the best for their daughters and she has to settle for less, telling Savas at least you're together.
Then ALL goes to hell because of Shanur's machinations. I'm too scared to continue with this episode :noshake:

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Had I known to look for it, the festival was sometime in June.

Found it. The title is Ayla, to be released October 27. I wonder if that means IT will be in our theaters. It isn't on Netflix yet but Netflix is always behind.

Meganda

Medalist
Found it. The title is Ayla, to be released October 27. I wonder if that means IT will be in our theaters. It isn't on Netflix yet but Netflix is always behind.

Ayla: The Daughter of War
2017 ‧ 1h 36m
8.9/10 · IMDb
Ayla: The Daughter of War is a 2017 Turkish drama film directed by Can Ulkay. It was selected as the Turkish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 90th Academy Awards. Wikipedia
Initial release: October 27, 2017
Director: Can Ulkay
Screenplay: Yiğit Güralp
Music composed by: Fahir Atakoğlu
Distributed by: Warner Bros.
Art director: Fırat Yünlüel
Cast: Çetin Tekindor

distributed by Warner Brothers. and here's how it will work in the Academy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...Academy_Awards_for_Best_Foreign_Language_Film

Murat is in it, but I don't think he's the star of it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6316138/

Meganda

Medalist
Most of us know there was a Korean war, but not that there were some 22 nations (including Turkey) fighting in it.

http://www.historynet.com/korean-war-1st-turkish-brigades-baptism-of-fire.htm

Here's the first several paragraphs for a description, but go back to the link and read through to the description of the Turkish soldiers - it's wonderful:

The Korean War, described by many, including then President Harry S. Truman, as a police action, marked the first time that the United States and the fledgling United Nations organization entered into a partnership to halt the advance of the Cold War into the Far East.

A total of 22 nations agreed to send either troops or medical units. Sixteen countries responded to the U.N. resolution by sending troops to halt the invasion of South Korea by the North Koreans. One of the first of the major participants to send a brigade was Turkey. The first Turkish contingent arrived on October 19, 1950, and in varying strengths remained until midsummer 1954.