Lubov Iliushechkina & Dylan Moscovitch - ret. in Jan. 2018 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Lubov Iliushechkina & Dylan Moscovitch - ret. in Jan. 2018

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lubov Iliushechkina & Dylan Moscovitch

Lubov Ilyushechkina and Dylan Moscovitch, who represent Canada, teamed up last June and currently train under Lee Barkell, Bryce Davison and Tracy Wilson at the Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club. [More]

The team opened their season this summer at Skate Detroit and attended Canada’s National Team/High Performance Camp earlier this month. They will compete later this week at the 23rd Ondrej Nepela Trophy—an ISU Challenger series event—before their two Grand Prix events in China in Japan later this fall.

“I think that with this being our second season together, we can have our sights set on bigger goals,” said Moscovitch. “We want to keep improving our skating and the quality of our elements, but we would also like to raise our world standings. We are both very hard-working and ambitious, and therefore, see no reason for not aiming for the top.”

tulosai

Record Breaker
I loved their SP at Nepela today!!! I can't wait to see how it will continue to improve throughout the season. The entry into the death spiral is :jaw::love:

Alba

Record Breaker
I luuuuuuurved their program and the performance. :love: I really did enjoyed that one a lot. :cheer: All the best for the Long program. Can't wait to see them. :cheer2:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
So looking forward to their showing in China. I want to see that Cantilever into the Death Spiral again. :love:

Best wishes and good luck. Luba and Dylan!

slider11

Medalist
I just watched Lubov and Dylan's LP at NHK and I think they did really well. i really like the way they relate to one another and the security in which Dylan delivers lifts. Lobov needs to work on her jumps and they might have been in 4th. I'm wondering if Kristen Moore-Towers is questioning her decision to bail on Dylan for a "younger" man. I think Lubov and Dylan may have the edge for Canadian pairs (second, of course, to Duhamel and Radford)!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Good luck to these two tomorrow at 4CCs! I am hoping they will be able to crack the top 5!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Good luck to these two tomorrow at 4CCs! I am hoping they will be able to crack the top 5!
Should be doable to come in at 5th after Duhamel/Radford, Sui/Han, Scimeca/Knierim and Yu/Jin. Kayne/O'Shea and Castelli/Tran are their main competition there.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Should be doable to come in at 5th after Duhamel/Radford, Sui/Han, Scimeca/Knierim and Yu/Jin. Kayne/O'Shea and Castelli/Tran are their main competition there.

Oh yee of low expectations! I am calling Luba & Dylan for Bronze at 4CC, given S&K's lack luster performances this season. They were gifted/ over scored at Skate America and now being de-throwned at their own nationals, judges appear to no longer be willing to hold them given their performances. With their inability to land quality triple jumps, I do not see them getting into the top 3 at 4CC.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Oh yee of low expectations! I am calling Luba & Dylan for Bronze at 4CC, given S&K's lack luster performances this season. They were gifted/ over scored at Skate America and now being de-throwned at their own nationals, judges appear to no longer be willing to hold them given their performances. With their inability to land quality triple jumps, I do not see them getting into the top 3 at 4CC.
I would think so too if Lubov was more consistent with side by side jumps herself. Also, Yu/Jin having become Chinese number two over Peng/Zhang can be expected to get some higher PCS than before. And I/M are only Canadian number three now anyway.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Good luck to Lubov Iliushechkina & Dylan Moscovitch! They really can take third place if will skate clean!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I would think so too if Lubov was more consistent with side by side jumps herself. Also, Yu/Jin having become Chinese number two over Peng/Zhang can be expected to get some higher PCS than before. And I/M are only Canadian number three now anyway.

Yes her SBS jumps are unfortunately and obviously the issue- I don't think they will be able to get third, Yu/Jin will beat them.4th is possible but unlikely IMO, and this is as a huge fan.