Marin Honda | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

SuzyQ

Medalist
Rough translations of the video - First half:

Marin appeared in the show PIW with Japanese top skaters. Reporting the close-up of the natural faces of 14 yrs old.

Her name became well known to the world by the Junior Worlds in March. She won the gold in her first Worlds Championships with her remarkable expression in the performance.

Marin: I definitely love shows more than competitions. I will do my SP of the last season. Maybe this is the last time I perform it, so I want to do it wholeheartedly.

And, at the backstage, it was supposed that she was nervous before the show. But she is very relaxed with other skaters.

Interviewer: You are not like this before the usual competitions, are you?
Marin: Like this actually.
I: Is it? I thought you are more nervous (before competitions).
M: Others are nervous.
I: It may be because this is not in the midst of the competition season?
M: ........
I: No? Always the same? (laughs)
M: Yes.

I: You are listening to the music at the time of warm-up, aren't you? What kind of music are you listening?
M: Music that I don't know at all. Foreign music.
I: Music you don't know? Why are you listening to foreign music?
M: For raising my spirits.
I: Do you have any favorite musician?
M: Not particularly.
I: But, you have many music pieces in the player. Who did actually record them?
M: I did.
I: You recorded music pieces of the musicians you don't know? (laughs)

The show has started with the sellout crowd of 1700. Marin is looking in the opening performance. And now her turn to perform!
Her gorgeous performance of Spring Sonata fascinates the audience.

There are lots of legendary skaters in the show as well.
Marin: They are all great skaters. I am gazing them with admiration, even in the practice.

(omitted Shoma's part)

Marin is learning something from Senpais?
The show has a group number, and she is learning its choreography.
It is just before the number starts. Is she all right? It seems she is :agree:

Last edited:

SuzyQ

Medalist
Translations of the video - Latter half:

After the ice show ended.

Marin: I got nervous :laugh:
Interviewer: You skated with your idol, Arakawa-senshu. How was it?
Marin: She has been my idol skater for some time, so I was very nervous.

Such a dream stage with her idol skaters. She has something to ask to her great Senpais.

Marin: I want to be able to do mature (adult-like) performance. I want them to teach me that.
Miki: I don't have expression ability so much. Shii-chan (Shizuka) is more eligible.
If you see my performance when I was 14 yrs old on YouTube, I'm sure you would gain confidence about yourself (laughs)

Targeting to attend the PyeongChang Olympics two years away, Marin is expected to make further achievements.

Marin and Shoma: "Tokudane (name of the program)" desu !!

Main Caster at the studio: I was at the show yesterday. Marin was so eye-catching. She has excellent skating skills, expressions, with mature atmosphere for her age. She is so wonderful that I'm really expecting her to win Olympic medal.
Another male caster: Yes, she has such prominent aura that stands out. Arakawa san says Marin is good at every element enviably. And the latest information, she has been selected as a JSF special certified skater. She says this coming season will be a very important one for her career as a skater, so she wants to make every effort further. And I asked her some questions yesterday, and I think I saw her natural face as 14 yrs old. Her favorite celebrity is Akashiya Sanma (comedian). She says a person with humor is her type. To the question about her schedule in the Golden Week holidays, she asked back what days are Golden Week as she is too busy to recognize it. If she has some time to spare, she wants to go to the sea. As to her sister Miyu, Marin is learning expressions from her as an actress, stealing the way how to express, she says. She still can't feel actually she is a junior world champion now, but the number of cameras have been increased. She is happy as she likes to attract attention.
Main Caster: She was very charming in her red costume she wore in the latter half of the show.

(Talk about PIW)

Last edited:

butters

Rinkside
While it may be hard to adapt to different types of genres, I do like how her coaches and choreographers are emphasizing the importance of versatility. I'm curious to see her short now :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
She's such a beautiful girl. :love: I'm sure she'll grow into a gorgeous woman. And when I see those pictures, I really look foward to what she'll wear next season. Both her SP and LP costumes this season were great!:agree:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
This time, a true new costume appered. :laugh: Gorgeous. Beautiful. My love Marin!:love:
News clip at FaOI Makuhari last week

her most favorite point is plenty of shining stones, which can enhance mood. Further, she aims for another gold at Jr. worlds!

She showed the last year's SP with this new costume. This week, she has another FaOI at Sapporo. She may disclose any new program!
:love:
My friend watched her live at FaOI Makuhari. She says Marin was just like a big and prrtty flower blooming on the ice with much star aura!

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Amazing costume. Also like the fact that she is very poised in her dealings with the media. She seems to handle herself really well for someone so young.

She's totally used to them and can cope with the things despite her age...