Mark Kondratiuk | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mark Kondratiuk

CrazyKittenLady

My cat jumps better Axels than me.
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm so sad that Mark didn't get a GP assignment. I hope he gets the TBD.
Well, sadly it was to be expected. He doesn't have any ISU season's best and is too low in world rankings, the TBD spot at Rostelecom was always the only way for him to get a GP this season. I hope we will see him at lots of Challengers and Cup of Russia events!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, sadly it was to be expected. He doesn't have any ISU season's best and is too low in world rankings, the TBD spot at Rostelecom was always the only way for him to get a GP this season. I hope we will see him at lots of Challengers and Cup of Russia events!
And senior B's. :)

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Mark is off to... somewhere.

Will he defy RusFed (who withdrew him) and French quarantine regulations to make a surprise appearance at JGP Courchevel? Probably not, but a girl can dream...

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I hope the boy going to Nebelhorn means RusFed thinks of him as an actual contender for that Olympic spot. Really thought it would be someone else, so happy it's him!

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
From Mark's interview with Tanja Flade in Oberstdorf:
- What emotions did you feel after the free program?
- I understood that I had fulfilled my task when I did two salkhovs. I thought: everything is fine... I am grateful to everyone and consider it an honor that I was sent to this tournament. And I did not let the country down and was able to confirm the third quota. Somewhere the elements were not quite finished, somewhere errors came out, but I completed the main task. I am happy!

- What did you think when you found out you were going to Oberstdorf?
- I honestly thought about it, but I didn't expect it. I considered this option, but it seemed to me that it was not so likely. I thought someone else would be elected. But when I found out, I realized: there is no other option. We have to work and ride.

- Yesterday after the short program you said that you were very worried. How did you feel before the free skate?
- Also. Maybe I was a little more worried. It was exciting to go to the first jump, I didn't land it very well. And then it's easier. It went on a roll.

- What are your plans for the season? Will you start as an adult?
- Exactly for adults. Immediate plans: perhaps I will go to the tournament in Kazakhstan and if everything is normal, I will perform at the Grand Prix in Sochi.

- You have confirmed the third quota for the Olympic Games. How does this motivate you in terms of selection to the Olympic team?
- I try not to guess so far. Let's just say I've increased my chances. And how will it be... We need to train, continue to work.