Marshalls: What programs would you like to see? | Golden Skate

Marshalls: What programs would you like to see?

A lot of hard core skating fans are not even planning to watch this triple cheese event. But having suffered through some less than inspiring skating at some of the recent so-called “serious” contests, I am looking forward to it.

What programs do you expect/want to see?

Since the event will not be judged, there is certainly no reason for anyone to “put their Olympic programs out there” for evaluation. There is also no reason for anyone to try a lot of tricks that are too hard for them (as we have been seeing in the Grand Prix contests). Instead, the winning strategy is to skate real pretty for the sake of the phone-in audience.

Johnny Weir should do “Unchained Melody.”

Sasha might pull out “I could have danced all night.”

I wouldn’t mind seeing Michelle do “The Feeling Begins” (white costume). In fact, I wouldn’t mind seeing Michelle, period, even just to come out and take a little bow.

Or she could do what Plushenko did when he got in trouble with the ISU form wanting to skate in an exhibition after having pulled out of the GP with an injury. When it’s Michelle’s turn they could just play a tape (East of Eden from the 1998 pro championship, for instance). To vote for Michelle, call 1-900-MKRocks, LOL.

What do you expect/want from Lysacek, Goebel, Weiss, Czisny and Hughes?

MM :)