McNamara and Carpenter on 4CCs | Golden Skate

McNamara and Carpenter on 4CCs

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USA’s Lorraine McNamara and Quinn Carpenter maintained their fourth place overall (160.12) after their free dance to “Anime Contro Vendo” in their debut at this event.

“It was great,” said McNamara. “I mean I think it went exactly the way we wanted, two strong, clean skates. I think it’s a good debut for us.

One of the main goals of the 2016 World Junior champions at this event was to show that they can be compared to the top senior teams.

“Everybody already says the transition to senior, of course, is the biggest step you can make,” said said McNamara, but you never know just how different this (is) until you are there in senior. And I think just every competition we learned more and more.”

Her partner agreed: “(It was) great experience, and (we could feel) great energy from the crowd,” said Carpenter. “Yesterday we talked about showing the difference between short dance and free (dance) on our first day, and it has been a great experience.”

More

Last edited by a moderator:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It has got to be difficult for Quinn to compete while majoring in mechanical engineering at college!
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013356.htm

And you have to remember that McNamara & Carpenter and the Parsons are the Wheaton ice dance school's first serious senior teams. They have brought in Natalia Linichuk to help, but she has not had a top team since 2010. I wish they had chosen a different person.