Medvedeva WDs from GPF | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Medvedeva WDs from GPF

Purv

Match Penalty
You don't even have to go that far

Sotnikova had a pretty poor showing in the post olympic GPF finishing 5th
And come Olympics got better GOE and PCS than all of the 3 World champions there and all of the
then GPF podium ladies

No one is gonna view Medvedeva any differently if she misses one GPF
She's still the most dominant force in Ladies skating this quadrennial and the favourite for the win

And how you think what caused that? :laugh:

danse

On the Ice
This is the best news. Not that she is injured, but that she's taking time to heal her injury and not aggravate it by participating in something as trivial as the GPF during an Olympic season. I wish her the best in her recuperation!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
As sad as I am, she's done the right thing, she needs time to heal properly so come the Olympics, she'll show everyone who's queen!

whatif

Medalist
It's so sad to see her career to end in such an anti-climatic way. So no GPF, no Olympics. Will she do Euros and the Worlds?

I predict Kostner for Olympics gold.

millie

Medalist
Dont worry, guys. You know where European Champioships are placed, right? Evgenia will get such score that no judge in Korea wont notice her absence in Nagoya.

When her foot do heal, she is going to have a lot of catching up to do inorder for her to get to the place she was at. She is going to have to get back in shape and get her stamina back; that's not going to happen overnight. It is going to be catch-up for awhile..

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
It's so sad to see her career to end in such an anti-climatic way. So no GPF, no Olympics. Will she do Euros and the Worlds?

Her career hasn't ended, she's on a break to recover and will be back in action before we know it! It's better to deal with the injury now than to make it worse in the GPF, Nationals or Europeans and potentially miss the Olympics.

Shani

On the Ice
Probably its not an issue for her. Michelle Kwan had 7 world titles and no Olympic gold. She left a lasting legacy on the sport the Olympic champions did not in her signature years.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker

Err... her career isn't ending. She's taking off one competition... Yuna missed the entire Grand Prix and still medaled in the Olympics. I wouldn't go quite to the edge of the cliff yet.

sinnerspinner

On the Ice
Geez, with all these injuries, maybe figure skating should just be an "x-games" event!

That makes ne think of those memes that say "You play football? How cute!"

Btwn the broken bones, concussions, bad hips, every skater deserves a medal lol

Shani

On the Ice
Her career is only taking off. She has grit and talent and will be world champion again. And she has world champion repetitive status. So she misses a big competition. She may not be world champion this year. Neither is Michelle Kwan and what a legacy she left.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Is this true? Why can't she still possibly go to the Olympics? I don't understand? This is very sad but she needs to think of her future! I wish her well. I did not know the injury was that bad, I thought it might be but I guess now we know. Still I didn't realize "no olympics" so very sad. Now it is a total crap shoot.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Are you trying to be a parody of gmyers or just looking for attention?

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Is this true? Why can't she still possibly go to the Olympics? I don't understand? This is very sad but she needs to think of her future! I wish her well. I did not know the injury was that bad, I thought it might be but I guess now we know. Still I didn't realize "no olympics" so very sad. Now it is a total crap shoot.

This is not true at all. Zhenya will miss the GPF, but she has not withdrawn from Russian Nationals, which is mainly where the spots for the Olympics will be decided. And even if she missed Nationals, she has been the strongest Russian lady in recent years, she is the reigning World Champ and WR holder. The Russian Federation can still choose to send her to the Olympics.
And she is not ending her career either :scratch2:

freeman21

On the Ice
Obvious troll comment regarding her career ending (lol).

Don't even know why people even pay attention or try to explain stuff to users posting s.hit like that

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
Obvious troll comment regarding her career ending (lol).

Don't even know why people even pay attention or try to explain stuff to users posting s.hit like that

what? post about very possible ban of russia is a trolling? troll here only it:

Dont worry, guys. You know where European Champioships are placed, right? Evgenia will get such score that no judge in Korea wont notice her absence in Nagoya.
And how you think what caused that? :laugh:

who even in the thread about medvedeva's wd and her injury trying to laugh at her that in russia she will get undeserved pcs because it's in russia and again bring nonsense about sotnikova that she got medal only because of russian corruption

you better report such users and don't blame others who's writing constructive things

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
My dream podium would be 1. Alina 2. Wakaba 3. Osmod but I think it will be more like 1. Alina 2. Miyahara (GPF in Japan, so it's unlikely she will get any URs) 3. Kostner (she is rewarded no matter how she skates, if she is clean they give her crazy GOEs to up her TES, if she is not - they give her crazy PCS to make up for her mistakes)

Satoko Miyahara has NEVER not gotten a UR call in an ISU competition (including WTT) held in Japan in her entire career.

moriel

Record Breaker

Satoko Miyahara has NEVER not gotten a UR call in an ISU competition (including WTT) held in Japan in her entire career.

Satoko actually didnt get that many UR calls in her career overall, not just in japan.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
All the haters already talking about her career ending :laugh:

The fact she WDs GPF doesn't change the fact that she is still the favourite to win the Olympics, if she makes it.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
https://t.co/IiQS3vWUnp TAT interview about Evgenia’s withdrawal

I don’t think that Grand Prix Final is such a big loss for Zhenya, these are commercial competitions. There is still time, and I think she also could skip the national championship. I remember I intentionally freed my skaters from such competitions to prepare for the Olympics in silence. That’s why I think it’s a right decision, Zhenya should have time to recover.

If it was my will, I’d withdraw her from competitions even earlier, it’s not right to underestimate injury. But I’d recommend to ask her coach Eteri Tutberidze to comment on this topic, she knows the situation better. And, of course, to a doctor who is responsible for athlete’s participation in competitions. – Tarasova said.