Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Keegan Messing

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Jeremy Abbott

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

HanDomi

Record Breaker
also adding in my opinion Hanyu has the best 3A in history. I don't think there was anyone who has/had such level of jump mastery. There were many great 3A in the past, but what Hanyu is able to do with this jump is on another level.

synteis

Medalist
I agree, Hanyu has the most outstanding 3A but I think second place is harder to say. I think Keegan would have to win it for me but Han Yan also has an incredible 3A.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hanyu has the most effortless
nic nadeau has the most impressive, biggest 3a

han yan has the most beautiful one

keegan messing has the most exciting one (he is very small and jumps really nicely up)

s_parks

Record Breaker
If we're supposed to name just one, active skater (criteria which people seem to be ignoring, lol), I'm not sure how this is even up for discussion. Hanyu by far.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Adding another vote for Yuzuru Hanyu's triple axel as the best not just among active skaters but of all time. He has achieved perfect +3 GOEs across the board for this jump under the old system, and I think he will also achieve perfect scores under the new system of +5 GOEs. As others have noted, he can do the jump from a standstill, under klieg lights in exhibitions and ice shows, with difficult entries and exits, transitions. Most important, he can execute it under extreme competitive pressure in the biggest competitions (Olympics, Worlds). In short it is his money jump, which puts him above the rest. As Shizuka Arakawa has said, Yuzuru's strength is he can do both the quads AND the triple axel consistently and with high quality.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Another vote for Hanyu. It's a BIG reason he could "water down" the quads at the Olympics and still win. A top-notch 3A (especially in combo and backloaded, like he does) is worth a lot of points.

Best of the rest would be Yan Han when he hits it. (I'm sad that it's become so inconsistent as of late.)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Another vote for Hanyu. It's a BIG reason he could "water down" the quads at the Olympics and still win. A top-notch 3A (especially in combo and backloaded, like he does) is worth a lot of points.

True. Kurt Browning commented re Yuzuru's record-breaking 2014 Olympics SP that Yuzuru basically gets more points for his triple axel (with a back counter entry and a high kick at the exit done in the second half) than a well-done quadruple toe loop.

Danibellerika

Medalist
Well as Brian said "Hanyu has the best triple axel on the planet." And it was key to get him back on track to defend his Olympic gold. I remember my first time seeing him skate and seeing that triple axel with that kind of entrance. Blew. My. Mind. :eeking: And it STILL blows my mind because it's as gorgeous as ever. The lack of preparation is something to marvel over. As for other 3A's I like best, definitely Kolyada is next in line for me and Yan Han as well.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Well as Brian said "Hanyu has the best triple axel on the planet." And it was key to get him back on track to defend his Olympic gold. I remember my first time seeing him skate and seeing that triple axel with that kind of entrance. Blew. My. Mind. :eeking: And it STILL blows my mind because it's as gorgeous as ever. The lack of preparation is something to marvel over. As for other 3A's I like best, definitely Kolyada is next in line for me and Yan Han as well.

Obviously, Yuzu has the best 3A in the 3A history. That is why I was a little concerned and surprised when he changed his FS layout and added a 4T combo (the one that did't work for him in Pyeongchang) instead of opting fot the usual two 3A combos. But he won anyway so I don't care :biggrin:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Obviously, Yuzu has the best 3A in the 3A history. That is why I was a little concerned and surprised when he changed his FS layout and added a 4T combo (the one that did't work for him in Pyeongchang) instead of opting fot the usual two 3A combos. But he won anyway so I don't care :biggrin:

Well, I guess 4 quads still sounds better than 3 quads. I remember being at morning practice for the free and in his run through when he opened with the sal and toe I thought he wasn't shooting for the moon, just shooting for the W. I thought maybe he'd shoot for 330 with a 3 quad free, but then he went for the 4 toe sequence (he did it well in practice) I was a bit curious how it'd play out.

andromache

Record Breaker
Hanyu.

But Denis Ten had my favorite 3A. Incredible height and spring. Very similar to Han Yan. But Hanyu beats them easily in success rate + transitions.