Men's 300+ Total Points Club | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's 300+ Total Points Club

lyndichee

Medalist
Patrick will if he lands all his jumps. The judges are itching to give it to him.
Denis possibly. I am conflicted because maybe judges might not give it to him due to his early season results or the judges see how much he improves at Worlds and gives it to him.

I don't see Jin Boyang doing that any time soon. Judges aren't willing to give him over 40 PCS in the short so he would have to get 60 TES to get 100 in the short. I don't see how with a 4Lz+3T he can up the technical anymore. Also he has very unexciting LPs that probably won't put him in 200 point territory.

If Shoma ups his technical content then it's a possibility too.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Probably Javi if he's clean. I mean, he did get 106+ TES for a flawed LP.

Hanyu LP is more difficult. 4T3T in 2nd half, 2x3A-3 in 2nd half, better spins, a looot better SS. At least he shouldn't come close to that. But with this judges giving +GOE on messed elements....

He shouldn't touch 110 in SP either with his SP compared to what Hanyu did. Transitions to quads and 3A + spins and overall quality of program is way higher in my opinion than SP with 2 quads from Javier.

Last edited:

Franklin99

Medalist
Depends. It's funny how even with 302, Javier is still 30 points behind Yuzuru's best. I also think if Yuzuru is in a competition and just "does his job and is clean, there may be a "correction" with the scores of other skaters. His scores have "opened the floodgates" though for huge scores.

200 in the long you absolutely need three quads and two 3A. Well, you might be able to do it with two quads and two 3A, but you'd certainly need either one of the quads and both 3A in the second half.

Frankly, Javier's FS at Europeans should not have been near 200 points but with him obviously being several tiers ahead of anyone there, he got a boost (in the SP too). More realistic score is around 190...

Patrick = possible, unlikely right now
Denis = maybe
Shoma = I don't think so
Nathan = potentially in the future

Han Yan = no, people overestimate him in every aspect
Murakami = no
Boyang = no
Kovtun = no
Max = no

Shoma has scored 90+ in his SP, so he has the potential to score higher if he's 100% or add the 4S he's working on. He also scored 190+ in his LP at GPF with a e deduction on his flutz. I bet if/when he adds that 4S, 300 is a very good possiblility.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Shoma has scored 90+ in his SP, so he has the potential to score higher if he's 100% or add the 4S he's working on. He also scored 190+ in his LP at GPF with a e deduction on his flutz. I bet if/when he adds that 4S, 300 is a very good possiblility.

Hopefully!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker

yeah I agree. I think Shoma will when he ups his tech content and when he receives the PCS he deserves as well

HanDomi

Record Breaker
yeah I agree. I think Shoma will when he ups his tech content and when he receives the PCS he deserves as well

so what PCS are you talking about ? He already received 90 at GPF as i remember which I found very very high, although Fernandez got 97... :slink:

da96103

Record Breaker

According to an interview with Shoma's coach, he does not like the salchow and is more likely to do the 4Lo as his second different quad.

Franklin99

Medalist
According to an interview with Shoma's coach, he does not like the salchow and is more likely to do the 4Lo as his second different quad.

Ooooh, I'm wishing him the best on his 4Lo. But somebody posted a GIF with Shoma landing a clean(ish) 4S, and I was hoping to see it in competition by next season. :(

da96103

Record Breaker
Ooooh, I'm wishing him the best on his 4Lo. But somebody posted a GIF with Shoma landing a clean(ish) 4S, and I was hoping to see it in competition by next season. :(

That happened to Yuzu. He practiced the 4Lo and his 4S naturally improved. Kill two quad birds with one quad training stone.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
so what PCS are you talking about ? He already received 90 at GPF as i remember which I found very very high, although Fernandez got 97... :slink:

well yes that is very high but comparatively to what was given/is given to the other top skaters (Patrick, Javier and even Yuzuru), Shoma was low-balled at the GPF.

andyjo24

Medalist
Do you guys think that Fernandez can score near Hanyu's 330 if he goes 100% at Worlds?

IMO, if he goes completely clean, the judges will give him near perfect PCS (not deservedly, but they will. Especially based off the PCS he is getting now for imperfect programs), and of course his TES will also be much higher.

andyjo24

Medalist
Patrick will if he lands all his jumps. The judges are itching to give it to him.
Denis possibly. I am conflicted because maybe judges might not give it to him due to his early season results or the judges see how much he improves at Worlds and gives it to him.

I don't see Jin Boyang doing that any time soon. Judges aren't willing to give him over 40 PCS in the short so he would have to get 60 TES to get 100 in the short. I don't see how with a 4Lz+3T he can up the technical anymore. Also he has very unexciting LPs that probably won't put him in 200 point territory.

If Shoma ups his technical content then it's a possibility too.

But Boyang already is scoring in the high 170s for very messy free skates. I imagine that if he goes 100% clean, he will easily crack 200.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Do you guys think that Fernandez can score near Hanyu's 330 if he goes 100% at Worlds?

IMO, if he goes completely clean, the judges will give him near perfect PCS (not deservedly, but they will. Especially based off the PCS he is getting now for imperfect programs), and of course his TES will also be much higher.

I agree. If he goes clean, they will score him in Hanyu territory.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty

No. For now, 330 is the top until tech goes higher...

HanDomi

Record Breaker

He shouldn't, but judges go crazy for him no matter what. But I thknk outside of Europe he will be judged more acurately compared to Chan and Hanyu. OR maybe I am delusional. Propably I am. :sarcasm:

well yes that is very high but comparatively to what was given/is given to the other top skaters (Patrick, Javier and even Yuzuru), Shoma was low-balled at the GPF.

Compared to Fernandez yes. Compared to Chan and Hanyu not. Shoma PCS was right. Fernandez not really for not perfect skate almost as high as Hanyu with incredible skate.

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
He shouldn't, but judges go crazy for him no matter what. But I thknk outside of Europe he will be judged more acurately compared to Chan and Hanyu. OR maybe I am delusional. Propably I am. :sarcasm:

Yeah you probably are delusional.

The judges LOVE Fernandez for some odd reason. Lol... Doesn't matter which continent he's in.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
So you think there was 7 points PCS difference between Chan and Uno at GPF? I disagree.
Chan got 97 ? I forgot then. I thought he got 95 :biggrin:
I don't know. Chan is definitely better in PCS than Uno. No question on that.
I don't remember now, but I think Shoma lacks transitions, of course he is slower than Chan and Hanyu, althought as for his size he skates quite big.

There are many debatable marks inside PCS bullets. For example Hanyu should be getting waaay higher than everyone in transitions in short, but his mark is not that higher than Fernandez and Chan. He should be getting those 10's at first place in transitions in short. Javier SS should be lower etc.

Looking how this judges are doing their job I really start to think they are using PCS mark somewhat as 6.0 to judge program performance overall.

Last edited: