Men's SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's SP

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Nope. No new costume. He still looks as if his next stop would be, well, certain clubs where they like outfits like Brian's. Me don't care - those corny hilarious outfits belong to him...
Try saying that publicly and he might sue :laugh:.

I read somewhere he's using the same outfit from his Goteburg LP for tomorrow. That was was actually pretty nice. I think his best costumes were The Untouchables and The Matrix.

herios

Medalist
Yeah, Contesti really rocked.
Contesti pulled huge scores in the italian championships, some here were saying that he had inflated marks being his nationals, yes they are always better, but never to such an outrageous gap, so I would say he has to be in big form this year

sillylionlove

Medalist
Nope. No new costume. He still looks as if his next stop would be, well, certain clubs where they like outfits like Brian's. Me don't care - those corny hilarious outfits belong to him...

Can someone send a link to a picture of this costume? I would love to see it.

sillylionlove

Medalist
The sP costume? You haven't seen it yet? Well, here you go.

Now that I got over the laughing and signing YMCA for a few minutes and at the club reference posted above..I can now type....that has to be one of the worst costumes ever!! Seriously...who came up with that....and why do his coaches, friends, family, whoever let him go on the ice like that!!! Can't somone say "yo dude...you look foolish."

On a side note...thank god he doesn't have chest hair....then I would really not be able to stop laughing!!

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
What a great competition! Brian wasn't as good as at the CoR, but it was nice to see him back in shape. Tomas was as great as ever, shame he didn't quad though. Oh well, I suppose he just wanted to sktae cleanly after his awful practices.
I am really annoyed because Eurosport didn't show all of the competition so I didn't get to see Contesti, Lutai and Othman.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Seriously...who came up with that....and why do his coaches, friends, family, whoever let him go on the ice like that!!! Can't somone say "yo dude...you look foolish."

On a side note...thank god he doesn't have chest hair....then I would really not be able to stop laughing!!
Yeah, it's not one of his better outfits. It used to be worse - at French Masters he had this really deep neckline, they only added that black fabric in the front before the GPs.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am really annoyed because Eurosport didn't show all of the competition so I didn't get to see Contesti, Lutai and Othman.

Awww, I saw a picture of Lutai on icenetwork.com and he is SO ADORABLE! He is going to mature into one fine looking man, I think. :love: I wish I could have seen his skate as well as Contesti's . . . hopefully, they'll find their way onto youtube.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Yeah, it's not one of his better outfits. It used to be worse - at French Masters he had this really deep neckline, they only added that black fabric in the front before the GPs.

Yikes.....glad I didn't see it then....that must have been really hilarious!!

But honestly....when they have such crazy costumes..I think that it takes away from their skating. I tend to spend more time looking at thier costumes then their actual skating.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Awww, I saw a picture of Lutai on icenetwork.com and he is SO ADORABLE! He is going to mature into one fine looking man, I think. :love: I wish I could have seen his skate as well as Contesti's . . . hopefully, they'll find their way onto youtube.

I have to agree about Lutai. I took a picture with him at Skate America in 2007 and he was really cute. and it was a stealth picture too....Mishin was close by and wasn't letting him take any pics...but I took my mission and got the pic...so was Kris Brentson (sp?). They are two of my favorites!!

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Does anybody have a picture of the new lp costume, the one he wore in Gotenburg?
Here's one. I'm not certain this is what he'll use, though. We'll see tomorrow.

But honestly....when they have such crazy costumes..I think that it takes away from their skating. I tend to spend more time looking at thier costumes then their actual skating.
I don't think the cut and the lines are that bad. If he'd just replace the mesh with soemthing nicer... But I doubt he will. Here's what he wore when Rise was still an exhibition number - much more flattering.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Here's one. I'm not certain this is what he'll use, though. We'll see tomorrow.

I don't think the cut and the lines are that bad. If he'd just replace the mesh with soemthing nicer... But I doubt he will. Here's what he wore when Rise was still an exhibition number - much more flattering.

On the contrary, now that I have seen it I like what he wore in Gotenburg FAR BETTER than the rise costume. The number its.....to casual and too tight.

I thought for a minute that we was going wear the old Matrix costume, not that I don't love it I DO, its a great costume, but at Worlds 2006 it looked a little, snug, tight almost too small around the ankles.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
On the contrary, now that I have seen it I like what he wore in Gotenburg FAR BETTER than the rise costume. The number its.....to casual and too tight.
Not sure if it was clear, but I was writing about three different outfits: the LP costume that you liked (it was the best Metalica costume, IMO), and the two different Rise costumes - the EX one with the red shirt and the SP one with the mesh. I think going back to the EX costume would be a vast improvement. I like that it's casual and not too detailed. It's fun and athletic and would be a much better fit for the program.

lmarie086

Medalist
Go Joubert! Glad to hear he had a great showing, hope he does well in the LP.

But what the heck happened to Brezina? I was looking at the results on Icenetwork and I didn't see his name anywhere.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Wow...the black one with the sparkles....that's really stupid looking. The one with the red top and the black pants...that's not so bad. It's actually quite normal!!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
But what the heck happened to Brezina? I was looking at the results on Icenetwork and I didn't see his name anywhere.
He was down in something like 15th or 16th place (ETA: 17th, actually... this was not a good day to have a bad skate, many of the guys were doing well). The jumps were just not working for him.

sillylionlove, I kind of like that LP outfit. I thought it worked against the ice and it was a pretty toned down look for Joubert.

Last edited:

sisinka

Medalist

17th place with 59.35. Fell in 3axel, nice 3lutz, 1flip + 2toeloop. He didn't compete since Nebelhorn Trophy due to injury (couldn't compete in JGP Final and Czech Nats). He had same lack of training also. Lack of training and nervousity caused this. Hope he will do better in lp - he definitely can!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Skating order for tomorrow, final two groups:

Warm-Up Group 3
10 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI 66.64
11 Adrian SCHULTHEISS 66.45
9 Yannick PONSERO 67.45
7 Kristoffer BERNTSSON 68.19
8 Andrei LUTAI 67.75
12 Javier FERNANDEZ 65.75

Warm-Up Group 4
2 Tomas VERNER 81.45
5 Alban PREAUBERT 73.50
3 Samuel CONTESTI 75.95
1 Brian JOUBERT 86.90
4 Kevin VAN DER PERREN 75.80
6 Sergei VORONOV 71.29

Eevun

Final Flight
BRIAN!!!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

My inner fangirl is screaming!
Mine too! :rock: :rock: Yeah!! He totally made my day! I feel so good when he rise his fist, I'm so happy for him!! :love:

Now that I got over the laughing and signing YMCA for a few minutes and at the club reference posted above..I can now type....that has to be one of the worst costumes ever!! Seriously...who came up with that....and why do his coaches, friends, family, whoever let him go on the ice like that!!! Can't somone say "yo dude...you look foolish."

I can hear you haven't seen that program and that "sexy" hip shaking :rofl: First time I was so embarrassed I hide under a blanket. This time it was only fun :laugh: He thinks he's such a sex bomb, but at least he does it with a glimpse in his eye. (and I have to admit he has a very dangerous look...)

I haven't much other feelings after the SP than: BRIIIIIAAAAN!! :love: I can't wait for tomorrow when he will rock tha house!

Adrian and Kristoffer did well. Maybe we expected more (Swedish "experts" longed for a medal), but it has been a tough and injured season so far for them.
Tomas bore me to death nowadays... Please...
Michal Brezina made an impression. And he looks like Jeff's lost cousin. #2. The first is Viktor Pfeifer, AUT. :laugh:
Liebers, Liebers... I want Lindemann back!! :'(
I had quite high expectations on Yannick after his really good GP. But what a meltdown... Poor guy. Love his costume though.
Kevin's SP this season is also so... weird. Can't watch it. Went to the bathroom. But Jenna's reaction was fun to watch LOL
Haven't watch this french/italian guy yet but looking at that results, he must have skated really good. *impressed*
And since Plushy retired, all the Russians just leave me with a *yawn*

Edit:
Haven't watch this french/italian guy yet but looking at that results, he must have skated really good. *impressed*
Ok. I have now watched it. And he totally blew me off my feet O_O Wow! Who is this guy, how can he just show up like that and be so freaking GOOD?!? (but I can't forgive him for copying Kristoffer. Music by Yann Tiersen AND braces?? Not a coincidence if you ask me...) And tomorrow it will be Wild Wild West? Music by Rednex (Swedish band, heeey, I like him :biggrin: ) and Once upon a time in the West. This will be a real show!! Friend, I have a new favourite! :love: Two French the same evening, oui oui!! I'm in love!

Last edited: