Mikhail Shaidorov | Golden Skate

Mikhail Shaidorov

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mikhail Stanislavovich Shaidorov (Kazakh: Михаил Станиславович Шайдоров; born 25 June 2004 in Almaty, Kazakhstan, is a figure skater representing Kazakhstan internationally.

On the senior level, he is the 2023 Cup of China bronze medalist, the 2023 Golden Spin silver medalist and the 2021 Sofia Trophy bronze medalist.

The two-time Kazakhstani national champion (2020, 2021) is the 2022 World Junior silver medalist and the 2021 JGP Poland silver medalist. He competed in the final segment at the 2020 World Junior Championships. Shaiderov is currently coached by 1994 Olympic champion Alexei Urmanov in Sochi, Russia. Prior to the 2021-22 season, he was coached by his father, Stanislav Shaidorov, the Kazakhstani men's champion in 1998, 1999, and 2000.

ISU Bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00104418.htm

Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Shaidorov

Rinkresults entry: http://www.rinkresults.com/skater?skater_id=29548

ISU Personal Bests
Type
Score
Event
Personal Best Total Score237.14ISU Four Continents Championships 2023
Personal Best Score Short Program79.18ISU GP Skate Canada 2023
Personal Best Score Free Skating164.71ISU Four Continents Championships 2023

Programs
2023/2024
SP: Clubbed to Death (from "Matrix" - epic version) by Rob Dougan
FS: Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

2021/2022
SP: Va-bank (soundtrack) by Rene Aubry; choreo by Povilas Vanagas
FS: Once Upon a Time in America (soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone; choreo by Oleg Purtov

2020/2021
SP: "Lemon Tree" by Fool's Garden
FS: Once Upon a Time in America (soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone; choreo by Oleg Purtov

2019/2020
SP: "Rain Fall Down" by The Rolling Stones; choreo. by Oleg Purtov
FS: "Victory" by Thomas Bergersen; choreo. by Oleg Purtov

Competitive History
Video links are under scores in the table below

DateEventTotal
2023-24 season
2024 World Championships14
2024 Four Continents6
2023 Golden Spin2
2023 Skate Canada5
2023 Cup of China3
2022-23 season
2023 World Championships14 (236.93)
2023 Four Continents5 (237.14)
2023 Universiade4 (231.08)
2022 Golden Spin4 (211.21)
2022 Finlandia Trophy8 (201.52)
2021–22 season
World Junior Championships 20222
January 18–23, 20222022 Four Continents Championships5
October 28–31, 20212021 CS Denis Ten Memorial Challenge
187.07​
Sept. 29 – Oct. 2, 20212021 JGP Poland
207.03​
2020–21 season
March 22–28, 20212021 World Championships
59.14​
Feb. 26 – Mar. 3, 20212021 Sofia Trophy
191.65​
December 14–19, 20202021 Kazakhstani Championships
190.23​
2019–20 season
March 2–8, 20202020 World Junior Championships
164.09​
December 18–22, 20192020 Kazakhstani Championships
176.35​
2018–19 season
Nov. 27 – Dec. 1, 20182018 Bosphorus Cup
153.10​
2017–18 season
April 20–22, 20182018 Rooster Cup
101.53​
April 4–8, 20182018 Egna Trophy
115.59​
December 4–10, 20172017 Santa Claus Cup
91.63​

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
He was excellent and a bit underscored at 4cc. I hope he is going to Jr Worlds!
After 4CC he said in his IG that his next competition is Senior Worlds. But that was before Jr Worlds was postponed. Probably he'll go. He may get a second spot for his country.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'm glad the he finally added another quad (and it went great).

A little reminder that his Fed has left him unfunded this season

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

FQfZPcIWYAkdv6b

mikhail-shaidorov-of-kazakhstan-reacts-in-the-junior-mens-free-day-picture-id1391823018

FQfuhMzXsAkgbOo

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Do you have a link for his GoFundMe page, if he has one?
He hasn't

There's comment of his dad about the situation (it was after 4CC).

Context: there was an open letter about figure skating in Kazakhstan. Tursynbaeva also drew attention to this situation. I don't have a link for the original post because the accound is private now.

'Hello! It's an interesting petition. I think that's the way it is. The truth is written about the number one figure skater in RK (Republic of Kazakhstan). He has been kicked out of everything like a kitten since June. But there are people who believe in, help and support my son. A huge thanks to them and a low bow from me personally. All the sports training has been at our own expense this season. Moreover, we were offered to go to a well-deserved grand prix at our own expense. They said there was no money for travel. The money is get with great difficulty, involving officials, managers and coaches for every competition. Will someone tell me if this is okay? I have a lot of questions for the figure skating functionaries myself. And the most important question is where are the funds that have been earmarked for the athlete. We probably won't see them. They are away at the Olympics.'

(I'm not really sure what he meant by that last sentence. Other sports?)

axckmrn.jpeg

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
From interview with Stanislav Shaidorov (Misha's dad):

[About funding and a public rink]
'The last week of preparation before Worlds was very difficult. Mikhail was preparing at a rink in Krasnaya Polyana, fifty kilometers from Adler where we live. The rink is open daily for public with two breaks for ice resurfacing. And so daily overcoming the distance and all sorts of adversities, Mikhail and Alexei Evgenievich Urmanov went to training and prepared for the World Junior Championships. It should be understood that they were training among ordinary people who came to skate at the rink. You ask why? It's all very simple. The sports functionaries in the Republic of Kazakhstan must somehow participate in the allocation of funds for the preparation of the athlete. Nobody wants to do it. Everyone is comfortable as it is, as I understand it. I've written more than once, the only figure skater of this level in Kazakhstan has absolutely no funds for training. Everything at our own expense. A Russian team of coaches under the direction of Alexei Evgenievich Urmanov coaches (Mikhail) and ISU helps. Moreover, all the spending on Worlds was at our own expense. Visa expenses were at the parents' expense, and the tickets and hotel accommodation were paid by coach Urmanov from his own funds. The parents just don't have money for these things anymore. Of course, they promised to return, but the question is when? Worlds is already over. Think about it: Worlds, a historic silver medal, the face of the country without this country's participation. Here's the other side of the medal. Everyone is cheering, writing "great", aha. It's clear that we need to move forward, but how? If the teams that came to WС and didn't even make the free, figuratively speaking, from Zimbabwe are fully equipped from A to Z, and it's understandable, they're the face of the country they represent. And we still buy laces for our money, let alone everything else. If someone looks closely at the skates Mikhail uses, I think he'll wonder how this is even possible. There's no support, no help, no funding at all. All season we go hat in hand and ask for at least some financial support. The Federation helps a little, allocates money for travel, but the NOC was completely absent this season. There's no support from the country at all. I think it's beyond the pale. Misha gets a scholarship to sports school which barely covers his food and bus fare to practice.'

[About visa for Senior Worlds]
'The situation was like this. First, I found out who would be responsible for financing for Worlds. It was the NOC. Naturally, this NOC didn't allocate money for the preparation of the athlete. I don't think they were going to give Mikhail anything at all. They sent an injured athlete to astra (alludes to "Per aspera ad astra") back in June 2021 and suspened him from the national team. An invitation to the competition has been requested since February 25. First, one came, but it was not for the embassy. The French side, that is the organizers, sent the correct invitation for the embassy on March 13, and the championship began on the 21. When I asked the head of the NOC team whether they would pay for the visa expenses or not, I was told yes. Believing them, I borrowed money, as the amount for our family is very large because we had to fly urgently to Moscow to submit documents. On the first day we couldn't appeal to the embassy, as application was only available at April 02. Our coach, Alexei Urmanov, contacted everyone he could: the ISU Technical Committee, the competition organizers. All of them sent requests directly to the embassy. And only after that I received a phone call from the French Embassy and was told what to do. We've been accepted at the embassy at the third day of being in Moscow and we submitted our documents then. We did our best. For three days the athlete was running around the embassy, not training. We were sure that the visa would be given to Mikhail and we returned home in a positive mood. I note that all this was done at my own expense during the last week of preparations for Worlds. On March 21, the passport came out of the embassy with a visa denial. The reason written in the paper issued by the embassy: "Insufficient grounds for entry into the country". Given how many requests and invitations there were, I don't know what other grounds for entry there should be. I guess an invitation from President Macron was needed, but, alas, he couldn't be reached. I've sent all the documents to the NOC accounting office. I haven't received any reimbursement of my money yet. I'm waiting. I'm still in debt. I don't know who is to blame and whose fault it is, but we did our best. God knows. We are all living under the same sky.'

28_89430e3c0801e4633cbf10643045edae.jpg

28_cfa037c55c2ba40aa96d63d4d5ba7333.jpg

Full interview: https://prosports.kz/news/546053-ve...erebro-mihailom-shaidorovym-na-yuniorskom-chm

Last edited:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From interview with Stanislav Shaidorov (Misha's dad):

[About funding and a public rink]
'The last week of preparation before Worlds was very difficult. Mikhail was preparing at a rink in Krasnaya Polyana, fifty kilometers from Adler where we live. The rink is open daily for public with two breaks for ice resurfacing. And so daily overcoming the distance and all sorts of adversities, Mikhail and Alexei Evgenievich Urmanov went to training and prepared for the World Junior Championships. It should be understood that they were training among ordinary people who came to skate at the rink. You ask why? It's all very simple. The sports functionaries in the Republic of Kazakhstan must somehow participate in the allocation of funds for the preparation of the athlete. Nobody wants to do it. Everyone is comfortable as it is, as I understand it. I've written more than once, the only figure skater of this level in Kazakhstan has absolutely no funds for training. Everything at our own expense. A Russian team of coaches under the direction of Alexei Evgenyevich Urmanov coaches (Mikhail) and ISU helps. Moreover, all the spending on Worlds was at their own expense. Visa expenses were at the parents' expense, and the tickets and hotel accommodation were paid by coach Urmanov from his own funds. The parents just don't have money for these things anymore. Of course, they promised to return, but the question is when? Worlds is already over. Think about it: Worlds, a historic silver medal, the face of the country without this country's participation. Here's the other side of the medal. Everyone is cheering, writing "great", aha. It's clear that we need to move forward, but how? If the teams that came to WС and didn't even make the free, figuratively speaking, from Zimbabwe are fully equipped from A to Z, and it is understandable, they're the face of the country they represent. And we still buy laces for our money, let alone everything else. If someone looks closely at the skates Mikhail uses, I think he'll wonder how this is even possible. There is no support, no help, no funding at all. All season we go hat in hand and ask for at least some financial support. The Federation helps a little, allocates money for travel, but the NOC was completely absent this season. There is no support of the country at all. I think it's beyond the pale. Misha gets a scholarship to sports school which barely covers his food and bus fare to practice.'

[About the visa for Senior Worlds]
'The situation was like this. First, I found out who would be responsible for financing for Worlds. It was the NOC. Naturally, NOC didn't allocate money for the preparation of the athlete. I don't think they were going to give Mikhail anything at all. They sent an injured athlete to astra (means "Per aspera ad astra") back in June 2021 and suspened him from the national team. An invitation to the competition has been requested since February 25. First, one came, but it was not for the embassy. The French side, that is the organizers, sent the correct invitation for the embassy on March 13, and the championship began on the 21. When I asked the head of the NOC team whether they would pay for the visa expenses or not, I was told yes. Believing them, I borrowed money, as the amount for our family is very large, because we had to fly urgently to Moscow to submit documents. On the first day we couldn't appeal to the embassy, as application was only available at April 02. Our coach, Alexei Urmanov, contacted everyone he could: the ISU Technical Committee, the competition organizers. All of them sent requests directly to the embassy. And only after that I received a phone call from the French Embassy and was told what to do. We've been accepted at the embassy at the third day of being in Moscow and we submitted our documents then. We did our best. For three days the athlete was running around the embassy, not training. We were sure that the visa would be given to Mikhail and we returned home in a positive mood. I note that all this was done at my own expense during the last week of preparations for Worlds. On March 21, the passport came out of the embassy with a visa denial. The reason written in the paper issued by the embassy: "Insufficient grounds for entry into the country". Given how many requests and invitations there were, I don't know what other grounds for entry there should be. I guess an invitation from President Macron was needed, but, alas, he couldn't be reached. I've sent all the documents to the NOC accounting office. I haven't yet received any reimbursement of my money. I'm waiting. I'm still in debt. I don't know who is to blame and whose fault it is, but we did our best. God knows. We are all living under the same sky.'

28_89430e3c0801e4633cbf10643045edae.jpg

28_cfa037c55c2ba40aa96d63d4d5ba7333.jpg

Full interview: https://prosports.kz/news/546053-ve...erebro-mihailom-shaidorovym-na-yuniorskom-chm
I hope that Mikhail gets proper funding now, he is a junior world medalist. Urmonav is such a supportive coach, so nice to see.