MK posted at MKF | Page 3 | Golden Skate

MK posted at MKF

millie

Medalist
Piel said:
Paula PLEEEEEEASE give us some bowing smilies?

Thanks Piel, I was calling them little men bowing, now I know that they are bowing smilies--pages and pages and pages and pages of little bowing smilies. We should get some of them, then we will have pages and pages and pages of little bowing smilies also.:) :) just MKF.

kyla2

Final Flight
ITA Red Dog

ITA, we aren't talking about a non-Kwan fan but a Kwan hater-big difference.

I hope you all understand the opposite of LOVE is DISINTEREST. It is not HATE which is entirely a different emotion. I believe the opposite of HATE is ENJOYMENT.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Millie - I believe you are talking principles and not just fan association. Well, for your information, two very upstanding members of GS, who are Sasha fans, jumped on a new member for mentioning Sashasplat in a thread. The effect sent the poor new member off Golden Skate. I tried to get Olliebee back but I haven't seen any of her posts since that exchange of Sasha Fans between them and Olliebee. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Ollibee?

So how would you set the principles on fan name calling? For example: Sashasplat and LooplessKwan?

I just let them go and my opinion of the poster is lowered totally.

Joe

Joe, given our public and private correspondence, you might as well mention my internet name specifically. Doggygirl. And it's pretty clear who the second "upstanding member of GS" is that you are referencing. But I will let her speak for herself.

Yep. I ADMITTEDLY over-reacted to a well used slang, but IMO offensive nick name for Sasha Cohen in a thread titled "Michelle." Here is the link to the thread in question. http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11274 I had a strong reaction. I said what I thought. When Olliebee (a new poster) responded, I further explained my reaction and OPINION. I apologized to Olliebee publically (with no acknowledgement from you). After my PM exchange with you, I also sent Olliebee a personal (via PM) aplology. I hope you follow up as vigorously with every new member, who posts a couple of times, and disappears. Actually, I'm pretty sure you don't, otherwise many posters besides me would have been "spanked" for expressing a blunt opinion to a relatively new member, or medium term members, or long term members - however you define that stuff.

Mean time, in the same thread mentioned above, I think I was subject to a rather personal attack. (see posts 87, 88, and 93 in that thread) Where were you then as a moderator of this board? I am willing to accept responsibility for what I say that might be out of line. I addressed my statements both publically and privately with you and with Olliebee. Are you willing to accept your responsibility as an admin?

You made it very clear to me via PM that your opinion of me as a poster on GS was lowered, as you publically confirmed in the quoted post above (which is the only reason that I am making public comment about this). I can live with that, because while my opinions are strong, I do not want to be responsible for driving ANY GS members away - even a new member who has posted 4 times. You have now clearly stated, in public, your lowered opinion of me as a poster. What is your point?

You suggest in your post quoted above that I am a Sasha Fan. That is far from the truth. I am a Figure Skating Fan long before I am a fan of one skater. I think my posts reflect that. I enjoy Figure Skating as a sport - my "hobby" sport in the same way that many people like to follow football, gymnastics, <insert favorite sport> here. You took digs at me (IMO) in the Japanese Nationals thread. And IMO, you took digs at other people posting in that thread who had nothing to do with your issue with me. (See post number 55). In that post, you say "I noticed many posters are quite pleased that Mao didn't win." Which poster in that thread even suggested that? I certainly didn't intend anything like that, and since I was actively following that thread, I will say that I don't think anyone else posting there did either. I don't think it's fair to drag others into your issues with me (that's what I think you are doing). Especially when some of these posters are very young, and probably have no idea what you are *really* talking about. Especially since you are a moderator.

Joe, I don't think you are as subtle as you think you are. I always find it easy to figure out which posters you seem to be attacking at any given time. That is sad given your moderator role. As an example, I might not always agree with Red Dog's posts, but your posts in response to him/her are often quite obvious in their venom.

You are in a leadership postion on this forum. I'm personally tired of your thinly veiled personal attacks.

I am happy to resolve this publically. Or, if you prefer (which IMO would be the better option - and the option I previously attempted) you can contact me privately.

Doggygirl

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I hope you all understand the opposite of LOVE is DISINTEREST. It is not HATE which is entirely a different emotion. I believe the opposite of HATE is ENJOYMENT.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

LOVE is a strong positive feeling toward something (to put it bluntly- of course it's more complicated than that. This is just an example.)

HATE, otoh, is a strong negative feeling towards something.

I don't know about you, but these sound like opposites to me.

And Interest- if you're not interested, what are you? Disinterested. In other words- NOT interested. Doesn't mean love or hate. When will there be an agreement that LIKING someone is not the same as LOVING someone...just like DISLIKING someone is not the same has HATING someone. Good lord. That's why we have all these fights.

I think both words "love" and "hate" are overused. They are words designed to convey the strongest emotion possible in the positive or negative "side". I doubt ANYONE here really "loves" or "hates" any skater. They just really really like or really really dislike said skater. People just say "love" or "hate" as a way of exaggerating. I know I do. JMO.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I don't know about anyone else but I feel insulted by Muffins comments. If someone is that immature, what are they doing on this adult board. I consider what she said mean and hateful. It's time she grew up and quit being so childish. :p

Red Dog said:
And Interest- if you're not interested, what are you? Disinterested. In other words - NOT interested.
*Ahem* (introduces professor mode, LOL).

Hey Red Dog, if you really want to pull off a vocabulary coup, you can distinguish between the two separate words "uninterested" and "disinterested."

"Uninterested" means that the subject does not command your attention:

"Red Dog is uninterested in ice dance."

"Disinterested" means not biased by prospect of personal gain.

"Ideally, the ISU judges are disinterested in the outcome of the competition."

MM ;)

DG - The bottom line is I was just trying to give equal time. No names were used because I didn't want personalities to get involved.

Your words concerning me were strong and I believe you can go to higher authority to have me removed as a Mod.

Joe

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Paula please close this thread as it can serve no further purpose. The atmosphere here is getting poisonous.

And to the person who started the thread, thank you. I was glad for the heads up and am happy for MK. I hope ALL the skaters are healthy and have the skates of their lives. Bring on Nats and the Olys.

flowjo35

On the Ice
yelyoh said:
Paula please close this thread as it can serve no further purpose. The atmosphere here is getting poisonous.

And to the person who started the thread, thank you. I was glad for the heads up and am happy for MK. I hope ALL the skaters are healthy and have the skates of their lives. Bring on Nats and the Olys.

It seems like you can not have a positive thread (especially about MK) without it getting this way. If you do not like a skater, why post in a thread with their name attached? This thread has gotten totally off topic which was an enjoyable one for Michelle fans. I hope this is closed also.:eek:hwell:

mzheng

Record Breaker
flowjo35 said:
It seems like you can not have a positive thread (especially about MK) without it getting this way. If you do not like a skater, why post in a thread with their name attached? This thread has gotten totally off topic which was an enjoyable one for Michelle fans. I hope this is closed also.:eek:hwell:
Me third. :cool:

millie

Medalist
flowjo35 said:

This thread is not unique in itself. In almost every thread when skaters names are mentioned, there are always fans that put a negative spin on things with not so positive opinions, it doesn't matter who the skaters are. Michelle's fans are not totally innocent when it comes to being negative towards others skaters and their fans. In this forum, you give some and then you take some. It can't be onesided and expect that one skater gets all the praise and bowing smiles and the other skaters get the crap. I am not a fan of any particular skater but a fan of figure skating but every now and then you see a post in a thread that hits a nerve and you respond to it. You give some, you take some. Michelle is not that unique that her fans cannot take a certain amount of criticism as well as the fans of other skaters. This forum works both ways, like I said previously, you give some, you take some.:) :) :)

With regards to Muffin, some of you guys turned around and said awful things to her, doing the same thing as you were accusing her of doing,badmouthing her.
Who was in the right and who was in the wrong.

Last edited:

euterpe

Medalist
Why do I have the feeling that Millie and Muffin are the same person.

This thread has been thoroughly highjacked. Admin, please close it.

millie

Medalist
euterpe said:

This thread has been thoroughly highjacked. Admin, please close it.

Sorry to disappoint you, but we are not the same person. Someone stated that Muffin was only 17 years old, I wish I was 17 again, I have 17 year old grandchildren. The children are our future don't censor them.;) ;)

P.S. If you have any more nice things to say to me, please P.M. I would gladly appreciate it. Thank You.:) :)

Last edited:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Good grief, some of these threads are as wanktastic as anything hermionepotter.net put out...Muffin was out of line (and being teenage hyperdramatic) in posting such a sarcastic post. (No, it's not as big a deal as someone finding a cure for cancer. Neither is an interview with Johnny Weir, an update in Sasha's blog, or a translated article about Irina's illness. Since this is skating board and not WebMD, however, any one of those and a link to MK's board is more topical outside Le Cafe.) People jumped her for it, and THAT got out of hand. (The best way to deal with trolls is not to feed them.)

Thank you for the link. I like links to other boards that I don't usually visit.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
*Ahem* (introduces professor mode, LOL).

Hey Red Dog, if you really want to pull off a vocabulary coup, you can distinguish between the two separate words "uninterested" and "disinterested."

"Uninterested" means that the subject does not command your attention:

"Red Dog is uninterested in ice dance."

"Disinterested" means not biased by prospect of personal gain.

"Ideally, the ISU judges are disinterested in the outcome of the competition."

MM ;)

Sorry about the confusion. :laugh: But that's an interesting point that did slip my mind.

Also- if the original post was ignored or brushed off in the first place, none of this would be happening. In the case of internet "trolls", we say "don't feed them". They live for that.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
euterpe said:

The posting style is not the same, so I find that highly unlikely.

Millie- ITA- no one side is innocent in a situation like this. Both sides add fuel to the fire in nearly all instances of "fights" on this forum.

Well, for what it's worth, here are my random thoughts.

1. The GS moderators just hate to close a thread. The reason for this is as follows. Just because two or three people want to act up, why should that stop everyone else from discussing a topic of general interest?

2. I do not see anything wrong with Muffin's post. Muffin doesn't like Michelle Kwan and hopes she loses. So what? I feel the same way about Ohio State. For one thing, they look stupid in those scarlet and grey uniforms. Go Maize and Blue!

3. Millie is cool with me. She is a gadfly who likes to pop the balloons of the pompous and give the self-righteous a taste of their own medicine.

For instance, she says on this thread, maybe Michelle didn't really write this greeting to the MK Forum, maybe her agent Mr. Goldberg wrote it for her.

I don't think Millie actually believes that, but she is spoofing all the posts on the "Sasha's journal" threads that conjecture that it is written by Sasha's webmaster.

4. Millie is not Muffin. Muffin is Elfga, but who cares? She is 17 now, not 14, so naturally the posts reflect a little more maturity.

5. The GS rules are quite clear about what constitutes bashing and other prohibited on-line behavior. If you think a post is in violation of GS rules, please report it to the moderators by clicking on the little red triangle at the lower left-hand corner of each post.

The moderators will respond, one way or another, to every complaint. If no one complains, we usually let it go, figuring, well, no one complained, so I guess everyone's cool.

You can also complain about the moderators, directly to the board owner, by clicking on "contact us" at the very bottom of each page.

6. OK, back on topic.

Michelle wrote a holiday greeting to the Michelle Kwan Forum?! How dare she!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to go to the site and check it out. The horrible little wench had the nerve to say she spent the holiday season with her family and she enjoyed seeing her two baby nieces. What nerve!!!!!

Then she said (can you believe it?????) Happy New Year! :laugh:

Mathman :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
And what MM forgot to mention, if you really have issues with a post or poster contact the mods and Paula through the correct way. Report the thread by clicking on the red and white triangle. It's the only way we'll for sure all see what you're seeing, and it's the sure way to get Paula to see it. Paula runs the board at GS... she has the mods for a reason, she cant see everything....