MK posted at MKF | Golden Skate

MK posted at MKF

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yeah, I just got a notice from the webmaster...and I was told by MK fans here a while back...:laugh:

ETA: is it just me or are the images on MKF not working??

Last edited:

kyla2

Final Flight
She Sounds Good

Michelle sounds good from the post. It also sounds like she had a nice holiday with her family. Here's hoping her hip is healing well.

nymkfan51

Medalist
What a pleasant surprise it was to hear from her. :love:

She sounds happy, which is the most important thing. I can't wait to see her at Nats ... hope she's free from pain and just gives us one of her classic Kwan performances!!!

mzheng

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
She sounds happy, which is the most important thing. I can't wait to see her at Nats ... hope she's free from pain and just gives us one of her classic Kwan performances!!!
Call me greedy. I want TWO classic Kwan performances!!!:clap:

flowjo35

On the Ice
mzheng said:
Call me greedy. I want TWO classic Kwan performances!!!:clap:

Hey Mzheng, I am a little more greedy, how about 7, including nationals, olympics and worlds (with Q's). Continue to get better Michelle and kick some ice the rest of the season.:)

millie

Medalist
The only thing that is missing in this thread are those little guys that you see on MKF, the little ones with their hands in the air and bowing down( the little guys in the Smilies) too bad we don't have them here on GS.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Oh this is the definately the news item of the day. Yeah yeah it is cool that Michelle posted on her forum but this isn't as important as a groundbreaking scientific discovery. Someone could have found a cure for cancer or solved world hunger and people want to talk about Michelle Kwan posting on her forum. There is so many subjects that are way more important than this.
Michelle's brainwashed fans can gush and go "Ooh Aah" all the want after their idol posts on her messageboard. You Kwan borgs can go on as much as you want about her. There isn't anything special about her anyway. Since when is she a 10 time U.S. National Champion and two-time Olympic medalist? I believe if my eyes havent decieved me the Korean Junior Ladies are better skaters than miss Michelle Kwan. I just don't see why she is so famous. Just because she is cute and has a good personality. There is nothing spectracular in her skating at all!
Jeez- by the way I don't want this to be a debate, I am just not a Michelle fan at all! ;)

76olympics

On the Ice
Gosh, Muffin, if you feel that way, it seems that the thread title would have forewarned you to forebear! I am not an uber-Michelle fan-but it is extremely ill-mannered to chide fans for liking her on a fan thread.

I wish Michelle well and hope that her injury improves -so that she can skate well in the upcoming events.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
~Muffin~ said:
Oh this is the definately the news item of the day. Yeah yeah it is cool that Michelle posted on her forum but this isn't as important as a groundbreaking scientific discovery. Someone could have found a cure for cancer or solved world hunger and people want to talk about Michelle Kwan posting on her forum. There is so many subjects that are way more important than this.
Michelle's brainwashed fans can gush and go "Ooh Aah" all the want after their idol posts on her messageboard. You Kwan borgs can go on as much as you want about her. There isn't anything special about her anyway. Since when is she a 10 time U.S. National Champion and two-time Olympic medalist? I believe if my eyes havent decieved me the Korean Junior Ladies are better skaters than miss Michelle Kwan. I just don't see why she is so famous. Just because she is cute and has a good personality. There is nothing spectracular in her skating at all!
Jeez- by the way I don't want this to be a debate, I am just not a Michelle fan at all! ;)

Well, Miss Muffin she has been a two time Olympic medalist, nine time U.S. champ, and five time World champ since the panels of judges started determining that she was the winner of those titles over the other skaters who competed against her. Those judges found her quite spectacular on those occasions.

We DO discuss other events that are going on in the world in Le Cafe. May I suggest that if you are so concerned that not enough is being done to fight hunger or cure cancer that you redirect your energy from bashing Kwan to one of those areas. You might also want to look somewhere other than to a figure skating message board if news and praise of skaters offends you so much. I'm sure that Michelle and her fans will not be upset if you avoid reading the threads that pertain to her. Have a Kwanderful New Year!

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Sorry but I had to voice my opinion on Michelle. I am not a fan and I was just responding to the thread with my input.

~Muffin~ said:
Muffin - You sound like another regular Tired-of-Kwan-non-fan You use the same phraseologies. Do you have a personal favorite?

Joe

millie

Medalist
~Muffin~ said:
Sorry but I had to voice my opinion on Michelle. I am not a fan and I was just responding to the thread with my input.

Muffin, this not MKF, this is GS. You are entitled to your own opinion and nobody shoud critize you for stating your opinion. The previous posters are stating their opinion just as you are doing. If you don't worship one particulat skater, in the eyes of some people, you are bad and you should be punished. I have my doubts is that was truly Michelle who posted that thread. It was probably Shep, disquising himself as Michelle.:rofl: :rofl:

euterpe

Medalist
Didn't anyone ever tell you, Muffin, it is very bad manners to post in boldface type because it comes across as shouting?

I am not a Sasha fan or a Slutskaya fan, but if there was a thread praising either one, I would not feel compelled to post a hateful message like yours.

I have never seen the junior Korean skaters, and cannot offer an opinion on their skills. I do know that when Ms. Kwan was close to the same age as Yu-Na Kim, she won her first US and World Championship, and the very first Grand Prix Championship.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Millie if Muffin had attacked a Sasha thread like that you would have been the first to have jumped on her.

millie

Medalist
Piel said:
Millie if Muffin had attacked a Sasha thread like that you would have been the first to have jumped on her.

I know that everyone on GS are mind-readers but you read my mind wrong this time.:) :) My point was that Muffin was stating her opinion about Michelle and the other posters should not have -hit on her because she doesn't worship Michelle as they do. Somebody has to have the job of jumping on other posters when other skaters are attacked-We all know that Michelle fans out-number other fans, so we non fans have to stick together.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I stick up for Irina, Joannie, Mao etc. etc. Michelle has enought fans, she don't need me.:) :)

Sasha has nothing to do with this thread.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife from a Desperate Housewife, are you so tired of bashing Sasha that you have to start bashing her fans. Get a Grip!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad

Red Dog, Sasha writes in her journal to keep in touch with her fans. If you're not interested in what she has to say, don't read it! So that it won't be the same old same old! Give the girl a break!
The above posts of yours were the same thing...your replies to posters stating their opinions on a Sasha thread. You can't have it both ways.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: