Morisi Kvitelashvili lets the genie out of the bottle | Golden Skate

Morisi Kvitelashvili lets the genie out of the bottle

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It was coach Tutberidze who suggested Giacomo Puccini’s Tosca for the Free Skate.

“Each choreographer has to speak his library of characters and compositions that he would like to realize,” said Tutberidze, adding that Tosca is a ‘male composition.’ “So Tosca was on my list of compositions that I wanted to put on to the ice.”

What are your thoughts on his performances this season? Any fans? I want the pants!!

The "choreographer's library of characters" -- great phrase, right up there with the "full skating vocabulary." :rock: I assume that referring to Tosca as a "male composition," means that Morisi was portaying the villain? There have been many female skating Toscas (notably Slutskaya's).

But it was the powerful short program music that made the biggest impression, to me. (By the way, David Bpwie has a version of the Amsterdam piece in English -- not as dramatic as Jaques Brel's. It always seemed to me that the tune of that song was just Greensleeves.)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
The "choreographer's library of characters" -- great phrase, right up there with the "full skating vocabulary." :rock: I assume that referring to Tosca as a "male composition," means that Morisi was portaying the villain? There have been many female skating Toscas (notably Slutskaya's).

But it was the powerful short program music that made the biggest impression, to me. (By the way, David Bpwie has a version of the Amsterdam piece in English -- not as dramatic as Jaques Brel's. It always seemed to me that the tune of that song was just Greensleeves.)
i think he's playing the hero, Cavaradossi, Tosca's lover, there're other men who have skated to Tosca out there, like Vasiljevs to name one, i think they all play Cavaradossi, i'd like somebody to have the guts to be Scarpia, but i understand why nobody wants to be an abusive corrupt policeman :LOL: . that said this year Morisi's programs rock, i prefer the short, wich i think is one of the best Daniil G.'s works, the Ex is playfull and funny, i loved it :LOL: