Nathan Chen | Page 1021 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
ISU Worlds documentary is up. There are 4 episodes in total and Nathan speaks speaks in two of them. You get a glimpse of him a few other times.

Episode 2

Episode 4
Showing off his medal

Ella5555

On the Ice
Skate America this week! Ramblings: We finally get to see Nathan’s programs! Is this the latest he’s ever debuted them? I’m a little worried that he has not competed them yet (or even shown them in exhibitions) while I think most of the other men have some prior experience going in. I know he likes to peak later in the season, but he has some pretty good competition at SA, so I don’t think he’s going to go super light on the difficulty. It will interesting to see what he decides to include. The back-to-back Grand Prix events sound challenging. Wondering if one of the reasons he decided to do that is to get experience before the Team Event and Men’s Competition at the Olympics? I wish him the best!

Apple1078

On the Ice
Skate America this week! Ramblings: We finally get to see Nathan’s programs! Is this the latest he’s ever debuted them? I’m a little worried that he has not competed them yet (or even shown them in exhibitions) while I think most of the other men have some prior experience going in. I know he likes to peak later in the season, but he has some pretty good competition at SA, so I don’t think he’s going to go super light on the difficulty. It will interesting to see what he decides to include. The back-to-back Grand Prix events sound challenging. Wondering if one of the reasons he decided to do that is to get experience before the Team Event and Men’s Competition at the Olympics? I wish him the best!
I think it's a smart choice because LA/Vegas/Vancouver are in the same time zone. Plus, as far as I recall, it only takes between 2-3 hours to fly from LA to Vancouver and less than 2 hours between Vegas and Vancouver if he goes straight to Canada. So yes, it's challenging, but with jetlag/time zone changes and extended travel taken out of the equation.

georgia

On the Ice
I can’t wait for the competition to start. I am going, and I am planning to watch every single practice. I have three favorites …Uno, Trusova and of course Nathan! The one and only Nathan! I plan to watch every one of his moves on ice…who knows, we might never see him again at Skate Awmerica!

sheetz

Record Breaker

journalist101

Rinkside

sheetz

Record Breaker

sheetz

Record Breaker
Getting ready for SkAm.

Olympic preview with Javi. He discusses men around the 20min mark.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan interview with Nick McCarvel (and plays guitar!)

Nathan's Team Panasonic page

Nathan in Chinese media

Photos:
At GPI
At NBC Photoshoot

Skate America digital program. (Don't read page 7 if you don't want to know about his new programs!)

sheetz

Record Breaker
SA practices will be streamed on Peacock starting tomorrow.

More articles based on the media summit press conference

Joe Mendoza

On the Ice
I am in my hotel room. I saw a few skating fans walking around, but the smoke in the hotel premises bothers my eyes, and I locked myself in my room. Las Vegas is not my cup of tea!
I can’t wait for tomorrow….
I will keep you posted!

that's why I preferred staying at the Aria Sky Suites then just going to the events during the day

georgia

On the Ice
Nathan’s music is fantastic and so the small parts of his programs we saw! Really fantastic! Worth the wait. He tried his triple axel and landed it every time, a total of four or five times. Both the QLoop and his QS gave him hard time! He looked little nervous..or maybe tired! Maybe he was drove here today! The last 25 minutes he landed everything he tried!

luckyu2

On the Ice
First impression: the FS music is right up his alley and has the depth to develop into something great. When I rewatched the run thru video I took, I discovered a few nice small bits that I missed on the spot (like georgia mentioned)
Jumps looked solid overall. Doubling 4S in the earlier practices isn’t new. He definitely took some time to get himself more comfortable with 4lo. Needed more flow with the landing.
On a side note, I went with families who saw Nathan the first time live today. They were amazed at how handsome he looked in person and said NBC doesn’t do him justice lol

georgia

On the Ice
First impression: the FS music is right up his alley and has the depth to develop into something great. When I rewatched the run thru video I took, I discovered a few nice small bits that I missed on the spot (like georgia mentioned)
Jumps looked solid overall. Doubling 4S in the earlier practices isn’t new. He definitely took some time to get himself more comfortable with 4lo. Needed more flow with the landing.
On a side note, I went with families who saw Nathan the first time live today. They were amazed at how handsome he looked in person and said NBC doesn’t do him justice lol
Very handsome! As he was passing by me I complimented him on his program, and he turned around ,smiled and thanked me.

Last edited: