Nathan Chen | Page 48 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
Thanks! I wonder if the girl knew how fast it would spread across the web. The Japanese fans were already all over it just after it appeared.

Looking at the flip and lutz...are those supposed to be quads later on? Holy moly!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am salivating to the point of slobber at the prospect of seeing this whole program.

There are only two early programs that I have glimpsed that really grab my attention so far. This is one of them.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:jaw: Holy guacamole! This is pretty amazing. Can't wait to see the whole program.

shine

Record Breaker
Arghh was anyone able to save the additional clips before they were taken down??

liv

Record Breaker
This looks like such an enjoyable program to skate and to watch. There is such a cool vibe to it. I loved his sp last year and these snippets make this one look pretty good too. Thecseason cannot come soon enough.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love the knee slides, the high energy, and the general vibe!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love the knee slides, the high energy, and the general vibe!

Yes, the vibe. It's cool and laid back. The vibe reminds me of Josh Farris "Give Me Love" program. Not the style... they're two very different skaters... but just the feeling of the music and the relaxed, easy posture. Or something. I'm babbling.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Thank you guys so much, I marked it yesterday, but cannot watch it right away, then it is gone. I was so sad when I checked that girl's instagram today again.
But thanks to Jackie and sheetz so much! but I still missed part 2. anyone has part 2? begging with starry eyes.
I just wanna say I like this SP soooo much, it is sooo unique, so Nathan! I like it even better than Vince's SP which I also like very much.
we always talk about Male skater's artistry, so we get lots of very artistic programs like Vince's, Joshua's, Jeff's, patrick etc, you get lyrical, you talk about lines, you get sweeping edges, you know what I mean.
but this SP of Nathan's is sooo unique yet it is also backed up by strong skating skill, yet in a completely different style, which is called NATHAN.
It is fresh and inspirational for me, I think Nathan's skating will inspired not only little girls to pick up skates but more importantly young boys too!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i love the shoulder movement in the stsq of this program, there is some element of hip hop into it. (comparing to Vince's SP, which he and team emphasized on modern dance influence)
Nathan is keeping an edge and at the same time did some isolated shoulder and upper body hip hop move.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:love: Totally love this! The laid-back feel of it with paradoxically high energy ... it's like I can feel the energy coiled in Nathan, then POW! it's released.

This program is SO Nathan, unique as he is. I can't wait to see it in full!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, the vibe. It's cool and laid back. The vibe reminds me of Josh Farris "Give Me Love" program. Not the style... they're two very different skaters... but just the feeling of the music and the relaxed, easy posture. Or something. I'm babbling.

We have so much to look forward to this year! And I look forward to seeing Nathan with some great programs. Last year, it was a miracle that he was back on the ice - no matter what program he skated. This year, I know, will be a different story. :hap57:

sheetz

Record Breaker
I'm really wondering what his LP will be. Will it be more classical or more modern? Has he even had time to get one choreographed with his busy schedule? He only did this program with Shae Lynn 2 weeks ago and it's a testament to Nathan's talent that it looks so great already. But it's only a few weeks until Champs Camp and it was my impression that skaters were supposed to perform their programs there.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I'm going to place my bet on classical. Nothing to go by for that - just a gut feeling. How this guy ever finds time to sleep is beyond me. But then I guess he's pretty much had a super busy schedule all his life with all the activities he has always been in, even as a little kid.

ETA -- I'm basing this on thinking that he will want a sharp contrast to the modern SP, so he can show his versatility.

sherlock trollmes

On the Ice
I mean, of course I don't know for sure - but I'd assume he did his long program first since that's going to require more endurance training. I am curious to know who else he worked with. But my guess is also classical especially after now hearing what his short program likely is - I'm just crossing my fingers for no warhorses!

charmblade

Final Flight
Just watched the videos and isn't this the music Kevin Aymoz used this past season? I really like the look of the program so far, I'm very excited to see it all put together, it seems like a really interesting and different style.