Record Breaker
So nice to hear that Nathan is looking good today:luv17:

And finally reunited with Raf!

alexaa

Final Flight

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Nathan's good looks seem to peak at Worlds:luv17: His skin condition looks incredible right now like at last year's worlds.

Mamamiia

Medalist
He looked very handsome at nationals too! Also super cute in person :p

Just realized men's short starts at 3am ET...

Hollymolly

Medalist
https://twitter.com/sydthepasserby/status/1107845644570365957?s=21
https://twitter.com/sydthepasserby/status/1107845647477035008?s=21
https://twitter.com/sydthepasserby/status/1107852927899598849?s=21

(Kor->Eng trans)

3/19 main rink Nathan practice report
SP run thru + little bit of FS run thru.
Japanese skaters who were in the former group did so well, and the atmosphere also very hot (it is home rink. ), so I worried a lot about Nathan and already felt quite tired of everything.
But after watching my boy’s practice, it makes me feel relieved.

In today’s practice, he only failed 4F(in SP run thru), 4F-4S(in FS run thru).
EVEN HE DID’T FALL DOWN in any jumps. And is 3A really become BF?😭😭

Because he was no.1 in music rotation,he warmed up his body by jumping some single axel and triples. And he right away run in to SP run thru.
At that time, I think he will show clean program(because Nathan’s condition looks sooo great) but.. Next time, I will not predict the future easily 😂

After run thru, he came back at Raf and talk about something , and he jumped 4F with short choreography. 4S is changed into 2S, and then he started jump 4F to jump 4S , but he stepped out that jump.

Nathan and Raf talked something about 4S and then Nathan succeed 4S pretty well. He jumped 3A,3F1Eu3S. And he talked with Vera about step and choreography, check it again and again.
He checked some choreography in caravan and jump entries. Finally, Nathan ended his practice.

I also felt this in yesterday practice also, if he missed some jump, he starts from the movement which planned before jump. (That’s why I looked his same choreography multiple times lol)
I guess he will try 4S in today 2nd practice, too. And then they will make a decision.

Yesterday i just said NOOOOOO to 4S. However, after watching today practice, I postpone the thinking or worrying about 4S.

Overall, Nathan seems to be getting better and better.
And Raf magic really works out😉

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
He looked very handsome at nationals too! Also super cute in person :p

Just realized men's short starts at 3am ET...

He is even more handsome in person:luv17:

The time difference ... I will be watching live anyways. But I’m so nervous already!!

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Thank you Hollymolly for the translation!

And hopefully Raf will continue to work his magic!

sheetz

Record Breaker
Jack Gallagher's article. Surprisingly good in that he clarified a number of points from the conference call.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...mpion-nathan-chen-raring-go-time-away-school/

Chen was questioned about his possible participation in next month’s World Team Trophy in Fukuoka.

“I would love to go back to Japan for the World Team Trophy. It is always an honor to be able to compete in Japan,” Chen said. “If everything permits, I will definitely do it.”

A question of interest that came up during the call focused on whether he would return to Yale next fall or take a year off to fully concentrate on skating.

“I haven’t made any decisions yet. I still have all summer to decide,” Chen answered. “The deadline for withdrawing from next semester is much further on down the line. I don’t have to worry about it now. Right now my focus is on worlds.

“I will take some summer courses. Everything is still very up in the air,” Chen continued. “I will also continue to talk to my advisers. Right now I’m not too concerned about it. It could go either way.”

Chen did admit that the result at the worlds could impact his path this coming fall.

“It will factor into it to some degree. It’s too early to say what I’m going to be doing,” Chen remarked. “My future is my future. I can always find time to continue with my education. Skating definitely has more of a timeline or more of an end date.”

Hollymolly

Medalist
Practice notes
Chen: 3F, 3Lz, 2S, 2S, 3S, 2S, 3S, 2S, runthru (4Lz, 4F(ur,fall), 2S, 3A, 4T3T, 4T3T, 3F1Eu3S, 4F(ur,fall), 4F(fall), 4F, 4T(step), 4F, 4T3T, 3A(fall), 4T, 1A, 4T, 3A, 4T3T, 3Lz3T, 3F1Eu3S, 4Lz, 3F

Based on today practice , Nathan and Raf seem to be give up 4S.

FS layout is now 4Lz 4F 4T 3A 4T3T 3Lz3T 3F1Eu3S.

Overall he looks good and so cute today lol