Nathan Chen | Page 1018 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan one of Olympic Figure Skating's extraordinary comebacks.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Although there was no word from Nathan regarding this past weekend's Winter Olympics photoshoot, according to the media files on this computer we know he was a participant.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan will make an appearance at the David Yurman jewelry store in Costa Mesa, CA on Sep 25 to promote their new spiritual beads bracelet created in partnership with him. Twenty percent of sales will go towards the Gold House charity against Asian hate.

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
according to TSL, Champ's Camp was apparently on "Live Barn," and saw all that happened there, including men's programs. does anyone where that is or if said "Live Barn" exists / recoverable somewhere?

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
according to TSL, Champ's Camp was apparently on "Live Barn," and saw all that happened there, including men's programs. does anyone where that is or if said "Live Barn" exists / recoverable somewhere?
It's on their Patreon behind a paywall

SaDa

On the Ice
gah! omg! saw both programs!!! i am stoked! can't wait to see both of these performed at Skate America!
So...I take it that they're pretty good?!
I've been dying to see them, but now I kind of don't want to because maybe it'll be better if there's an element of surprise for Skate America. We've been waiting for so long so, surely, a few more weeks won't kill. UGH, so conflicted....!

SaDa

On the Ice
Well we don't know what the final programs will look like since they might change things based on Champs Camp feedback.
Good point. I wonder if there have been negative reactions to his programs or if the reactions have generally been pretty positive. From the few comments I've seen, I think they've been positive...but there hasn't been enough opinions to go off of. Only thing I've heard so far that could be considered criticism is that someone thought maybe his LP should have had a little more Apashe. Nathan has never had to completely toss out a program before, correct?

Last edited:

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
Good point. I wonder if there have been negative reactions to his programs or if the reactions have generally been pretty positive. From the few comments I've seen, I think they've been positive...but there hasn't been enough opinions to go off of. Only thing I've heard so far that could be considered criticism is that someone thought maybe his LP should have had a little more Apashe. Nathan has never had to completely toss out a program before, correct?
based on what I saw, the LP music and the distribution of the Apashe mix was just perfect. I might say that the musical transition (or the lack thereof) right before the step sequence in the SP was quite stark, but I love the music choices. Good thing he didn't listen to my suggestions in his instagram DMs. lol

SaDa

On the Ice
based on what I saw, the LP music and the distribution of the Apashe mix was just perfect. I might say that the musical transition (or the lack thereof) right before the step sequence in the SP was quite stark, but I love the music choices. Good thing he didn't listen to my suggestions in his instagram DMs. lol
Good to hear your positive opinion on the LP's music. As for the SP's music, I hope they can create a little more of a transition in the change of music. I imagine it might be a bit awkward if the change is too stark. And if you don't mind sharing, what kind of suggestions did you give him anyway?

Ella5555

On the Ice
Well, I broke down and watched Nathan’s skates at Champs Camp. They are intriguing. Music for short program is Eternity by Benjamin Clementine (link to music below) and, of course, Nemesis, for step sequence. He did 4Lz, 3A (spread eagle in and out) and either 4T3T or 4F3T. Since he changed his 4F entrance last year, I have a hard time telling the difference - especially from a distance. All jumps were done with complete ease. I like the music, but I agree with Joe that the cut between the two songs is a bit abrupt. Hopefully, they will take a look at that and make some tweaks.

The long program is the music that has been previously discussed here. The pieces blend together well, and it looks like he has a fabulous step sequence and choreo sequence, though I don’t think he was going full out on those. Jumping passes were 4Lo, 3Lz, 4F3T (I think), 2S (popped from 4S), 3A, 4T (I think he was going for his Euler combo) and 4T3T. It does appear his ultimate goal is six quads.

Except for some pops here and there, he was landing most jumps with ease in practice, though I haven’t looked at the complete practices yet. 3A looks very solid.