Need advice... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Need advice...

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi RGal...

It sounds like your *friend* really wasn't much of a friend anyway. That seems particularly apparent since she had no valid answer for why she discussed selling the condo through you, but bought the house through someone else because "she doesn't like doing business with friends."

I know a lot of people who keep business and friendship separate, and I can respect that. That explanation holds no water though if it's just used as an "excuse" based on convenience.

While it's always hard, it's also always good to figure out who your real friends are / are not.

Onward and forward!

DG

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
RealtoGal-I can't believe I missed this thread. If it makes you feel any better my mother-in-law is a realtor and I wouldn't do business with her if she was the last realtor on earth. That doesn't mean I don't love her it just means I don't want to do business with her. :p

It seems you two were pretty good friends and if it was me I would rather have a friend then the business. Just a thought.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
RGal, I got into this thread too late to be of any help but moral support. Everyone had positive suggestions.....I was impressed but not surprised. Once basic trust and respect has been tarnished in a relationship, it is often hard to "forgive and forget". If your friendship with her now has more negative aspects than positive ones, then you probably made the right choice in letting it die a "natural death"............42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well you know the old saying, "never mix business with pleasure." Maybe your friend was thinking this. It's like buying a used car from a friend; or choosing a friend for a roommate. Sometimes it spells disaster for the friendship. What if there was some problem with the deal or with the house? Maybe your friend values your friendship too much to "mix business with pleasure." If I were you, I woud let it go - especially if you value your friendship with this person.