New choreographer for Sasha? | Golden Skate

New choreographer for Sasha?

nymkfan51

Medalist
It's being reported over at FSU that Sasha is now working with David Wilson. It's unclear if they are just revamping R&J or going with a whole new LP. I also have no idea as to the accuracy of these reports, only to say that most of these rumors from FSU end up having some validity to them.

Here is the link:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30867&page=1

My personal opinion is that this is not such a great idea. First of all, there is nothing wrong with R&J. I thought it was looking very good at TEB, and if she had just landed her jumps more precisely, she would more than likely have gotten better PCS ... besides not getting so many -GOE's for her jumps.
Sasha doesn't seem to do well with so much change ... evidence ... her last two Nationals where she changed coaches just before. Now if she gets a whole new LP, she will be debuting it at Nationals?
I wish she would have just continued to work on making R&J like second nature to her.
I hate COP! :disapp:

I think she could benefit from a better music cut and more varied choreography right at the end of her program, the last 15 seconds or so.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I knew it was only a matter of time until it was posted here.

nymkfan- can't access the page you just linked to.

I dunno. I think (if the rumor is true) it's a step in the RIGHT direction. She really needs more choreography to be able to milk those extra points. Not to mention she needs to do her part and EXECUTE the program as planned.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
There is always room for improvement. Look at what tweaking did for Sarah in '02 between Nationals and the Olympics! :biggrin: :agree:

kyla2

Final Flight
Hmmmm...

I think someone already has started re-working it. There were additions to the choreography at TEB and I thought they were wonderful. Plus, a choreographer can help her with the emotional connection to the music. That also seemed much better at TEB. I am for it. She is doing the right things and the program is better for it. I just hope they don't mess with the good parts. I also agree that the music is cut awkwardly in places. But I bet that is set in stone.

nymkfan51

Medalist
Red Dog said:
I knew it was only a matter of time until it was posted here.

I don't understand this RD ... is there some reason I shouldn't have started this topic?
I thought this was a fairly interesting development. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

kyla2

Final Flight
Oh Great

Oh, I hope they don't totally re-work her program. Some parts of it are wonderful. I am not a fan of David Wilson per se and although I like Joannie Rochette, her program is o.k, not great (particularly where she is "playing" the violin as she glides-cheesy).

I am a fan of David Wilson and his work is quite intricate. She must be paying him quite a bit since his collaboration is also with a top Canadian competitor.

Also I think Morozov did a fine job on R&J However, I agree with those who think the music should be changed. It's just not WOW enough. Maybe too late for that. She spoke often about being happy with the program.

One thing is that she's taking charge of her Oly chances, and I think that's the way to go. It just may work for her.

(I wonder if there are any comments by Morozov?)

Joe

orchid

On the Ice
Mathman said:
I think she could benefit from a better music cut and more varied choreography right at the end of her program, the last 15 seconds or so.

Oh, yes, the last few seconds...... I felt the music dragged on SO she could squeeze in a hallf-arsed Biellman.

:biggrin:

Eeyora

Final Flight
I actually think it may be good fit. Sasha's programs are good but they seem to be missing something.

Lanie

On the Ice
IMO it is a step i nthe right direction. More choreography in R&J would make it excellent. I already like what I saw at TEB, but it needs more punch--and no drawn out ending! I don't want Sasha to dump it, and I hope she doesn't...but I think David Wilson's choreo for D/L's FD was magical and if he can help Sasha capture that same kind of magic with R&J... :rock:

R.D.

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
I don't understand this RD ... is there some reason I shouldn't have started this topic?
I thought this was a fairly interesting development. :confused:

no, I'm just saying I heard about this news on Sashafans before (and FSU), and I knew it was going to be posted here some time. Nothing wrong with that.

Red Dog said:
no, I'm just saying I heard about this news on Sashafans before (and FSU), and I knew it was going to be posted here some time. Nothing wrong with that.
RD - You know we count on you to bring us news of Sasha. You travel the boards for all the skating news on her. Please continue to bring us the Sasha news, we love it.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
RD - You know we count on you to bring us news of Sasha. You travel the boards for all the skating news on her. Please continue to bring us the Sasha news, we love it.

It's true I look for news of skaters, but you're making a dangerous generalization here.

Enough posters have gotten on my back about posting Cohen news. I've so had enough of these posters. I'll leave that duty to someone else now. :cool:

flowjo35

On the Ice
David Wilson has very demanding choreography. Can Sasha incorporate this within her program, skate clean and do the jumps? I guess we will see. Hopefully it will work out for her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
At this point, she has just about everything to gain. If she does gets much more demanding choreography, than hats off to her for actually TAKING A RISK.

gezando

Final Flight
What is a youth table music from R&J round one choreography by Usova, round two Morosov, rumor for round three Wilson. Round one choreography and mood was subude. Round two there were limitless flailing of arms, hopelly round three will at least have more ice coverage, variation of speed, edges, and speed.

Last edited: