New Surivior Show | Page 11 | Golden Skate

New Surivior Show

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JonnyCoop, You can watch the episode at cbs.com. It takes a little patience to do it but this episode is worth watching.

Sean, so sorry the The Stacy Hour is almost over for the season.

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
JonnyCoop, You can watch the episode at cbs.com. It takes a little patience to do it but this episode is worth watching.

Dee

The problem is, I have dial-up. And not great dial-up (if there is such a thing) at that; that would be a 14-hour proposition, during which SOMETHING would end up going out my window.... :laugh: :laugh: (It took about a full minute for this box to come up after I hit the quote button on your post*, don't even want to think what would happen with somethin' more high tech, fancy-schmancy, and highfallutin'....) :laugh: :laugh:

*which is actually a much longer time than usual, but nevertheless....

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JonnyCoop, here is the report I do for our game at work.

YAU-MAN PLAYS THE IDOL::
Stacy Gets Caught In the Wake

On night 36 at a tension packed Tribal Council, an attempt to blindside Yau-Man was thwarted when his instinct prompted him to play his hidden Immunity Idol. After striking a deal with Dreamz, Yau-Man realized he had made himself a target. Sensing danger, Yau-Man saved himself by playing his idol and Stacy Kimball, the 27-year-old interactive internet producer from Boulder, Colorado, was voted out of the game. Accepting her fate, Stacy was thoughtful as she delivered her final words. "Tonight I gambled, hoping that Yau-Man wouldn't pull out the Immunity Idol, which he did. I was out-voted."

Votes:
Boo Yau-Man
Cassandra Yau-Man
Dre Yau-Man
Earl Stacy
Stacy Yau-Man
Yau-Man Stacy

A Secret Path
Paranoid that his tribemates may vote him out, Boo secretly forges a trail in the brush just above the water well and explains his devious plan. "I'm making a back path to the water well, so when people want to go and discuss things at the water well, I can come and bend down here real quiet and listen. If my name comes up on the chopping block I'll know."

Meanwhile, Earl, Cassandra, Stacy and Yau-Man agree to target Boo next, keeping strategic conversations to a minimum. "At this point we all have to work together to get rid of certain people," explains Earl. "Everybody agreed that Boo will be the next person." Yau-Man expresses his excitement as the game's pace picks up. "There's a lot more combinations going in my head to say who should be the four and how do I get there. Getting rid of Boo first would make my life much, much better."

What I Wouldn't Do For a Car
As they decipher Tree Mail, the excitement in camp boils over when the tribe believes they will compete for a vehicle in the upcoming Reward Challenge. Dreamz begs his tribemates to help him win this challenge, since he's the only one without a car. "If we're playing for a car and it has anything to do with strength or agility or any of that stuff, I'm guaranteeing you I'm going to win the car today," boasts Dreamz.

Reward Challenge: Keep On Truckin'
In the most coveted Reward Challenge yet, Survivors compete for a brand new 2008 Ford Super Duty truck. Split into groups of three and tied together, they will maneuver over a series of see-saws, climb up and through a cargo net tower to a sand pit, dig up a hatchet and chop through a rope to release a box. The winning team will drive in the truck, delivering the box as well as a trailer carrying a mobile school office to a local Fijian School. While there, they will have a picnic lunch with the children. In addition, those three will also compete against each other in a hatchet-throwing contest for the keys of the Ford Super Duty. The winner will send someone to Exile Island.

The Green Team, consisting of Dreamz, Earl and Cassandra, take an early lead against Boo, Stacy and Yau-Man of the Orange Team. But soon, Orange makes up the time lost and is on the Green's tail. Although Earl, Dreamz and Cassandra reach the sand pit first, Boo muscles the Orange Team through the last of the cargo net tower and into the sandpit. With sand flying in every direction from both teams, Boo locates his hatchet first, slicing through the waiting rope. Orange wins the first leg of the challenge.

For the final round, Boo, Stacy and Yau-Man battle it out for the truck, attempting to chop two ropes by throwing hatchets at their targets. Yau-Man and Boo quickly hit one rope each as Stacy's hatchet flies wildly off target. After a few rounds, Yau-Man's aim is dead on and he slices through his second rope, winning the Ford Super Duty Truck.

A Shocking Deal
In an unprecedented move, instead of claiming his new truck, Yau-Man negotiates a deal with Dreamz. Knowing Dreamz desperately wants the truck, Yau-Man proposes to give Dreamz the Ford Super Duty under some conditions. If they are both in the final four, and if Dreamz wins Individual Immunity, Dreamz will give his Individual Immunity to Yau-Man. Without a second thought, Dreamz accepts Yau's deal, giving his word and accepting the vehicle. In his last order of business, Yau-Man elects himself to go to Exile Island.

Self-Imposed Exile
"I feel very good about giving Dreamz that car," reflects Yau-Man as he makes himself comfortable on Exile Island. "I made Dreamz the offer that if and when we get to the final four together, that if he wins Immunity he has to give it to me. By giving away the truck it's the best way to get rid of my biggest competitor. I have pretty much guaranteed myself a free pass at the final four." With one goal in mind, Yau-Man pours over the clues to the re-hidden Immunity Idol. "The third clue pretty much pinpoints where the re-hidden Immunity Idol is located. I will need to share it with Earl, and hopefully one of us will find it."

School Daze
Watching the excited faces of the local children as they deliver the needed school supplies, Dreamz began to reflect upon his deal with Yau-Man. "When I got that brand new truck it was my next step up. But I was thinking, when Yau-Man gave me the car, what did he gain out of that? If I give Yau-Man Immunity off my neck I'm gone. So the best thing for me to do is to get rid of him before he makes it to the final four."

The Binding Contract
Back at camp, Dreamz vents his frustrations to Cassandra. He's absolutely certain that Yau-Man's sole purpose of making the deal with Dreamz was to eliminate him. Knowing this, Dreamz and Cassandra discuss the possibility of voting Yau-Man out immediately in the hope of rendering the verbal contract useless. "I will give Yau-Man the Immunity necklace because I wouldn't want my son to not be a man of his word," explains Dreamz. "That puts me in a bind… I gotta get Yau-Man out of this game before the final four or look like a total liar and people won't trust me again."

Immunity Challenge: Grapple Perch
Survivors reconvene at the Immunity Challenge where Jeff explains the game. On platforms in the ocean, Survivors will toss a ball attached to a rope into a hoop to pull down a balance beam. From there, they'll cross to the finish. The first four will move on and do it again, with the first two to cross moving into the final round. They'll once again lower a balance beam, then move onto another beam to a small perch. Balancing on that perch, they will use a grappling hook to fish for a buoy. The first one to raise their buoy wins Individual Immunity.

Dreamz makes it look easy, quickly lowering his beam, crossing to the finish and advancing onto the next round. As Cassandra and Stacy flounder, Boo, Earl and Yau-Man join Dreamz in the second round. In the second round, Boo and Yau-Man advance to the final round to battle it out for Individual Immunity. As Yau-Man desperately attempts to lower his beam, Boo makes it across his first balance beam and onto the second beam. Once on the perch, Boo calmly raises his buoy and wins Individual Immunity. He's safe from the night's vote.

An Idol Each
Returning to camp after his stay on Exile Island, Yau-Man shares the clues to the location of the hidden Immunity Idol with Earl. Jogging his memory and following directions from the previous clues, Earl wanders through the forest near his camp. Using Yau's clue, Earl hones in on the pine trees and strikes gold. "We have two Idols man. Just think, we used to share an Idol and now go figure, we both have our own Immunity Idol." Later as the elated Earl shows Yau the Idol, Yau says, "Earl and I each have our own hidden Immunity Idol. With that we will certainly guarantee our place at the final four, and with my deal made with Dreamz, I'll guarantee myself a place in the final three," states a confident Yau-Man.

A Loophole
Believing her time in the game is up, Stacy eagerly welcomes Dreamz' proposal to blindside Yau-Man. "I was a little concerned that I would be next today," says Stacy. "But Dreamz came up with another idea. If Yau-Man's not in the game then really Dreamz didn't go against him in that deal." Needing another vote, Dreamz and Stacy reveal the plan to Cassandra. "There's definitely a risk involved in voting Yau-Man," cautions Cassandra. "If [Yau] uses the Immunity Idol I will have burned two bridges, one with Earl and one with him. They're two valuables bridges."

To cover their tracks and keep suspicion to a minimum, Stacy pretends to be resigned to her fate. Though Stacy gives the performance of a lifetime, Yau-Man's instinct serves him well. Worried that his neck was on the line, he played his hidden Immunity Idol, saving himself and Stacy is voted out of the game by default.

POPULARITY RESULTS
Yau Man - 46%
Earl - 15%
Boo - 8%

NEXT ON SURVIVOR:

A pending deal between tribemates could determine the fate of the final four.

One Survivor gets clever and presents a new strategy to several other tribemates. Will they take the bait? Will the new plan affect the outcome of the game?

The final Immunity Challenge has the Survivors hanging on for their lives. Who will outlast the others in this final all-important battle for Immunity?

One person claims the title of Sole Survivor. Who will it be?

Dee

I was surprised that the rules allowed Yau-man to offer his truck to Dreamz. That seems like bringing "outside world deals" into the game. For instance, you can't tell someone, I'll give you half of the million dollars if you let me win.

Could Boo say next week, if you all give me the immunity necklace, I'll buy you all a car after the game is over?

Here's how Yau-man is going to win the whole thing, LOL.

Next week: Boo wins immunity again. Cassandra, Dreamz and Boo gang up to vote off Yauman. Earl goes to this group of three and says, yeah, yeah, count me in. Instead, Earl gives Yauman the other immunity idol. The vote: 4 for Yauman (but they don't count), 1 for Cassandra -- she's gone.

The reason that Yauman voted off Cassandra instead of Dreamz is...Next challenge, Dreamz wins immunity. He gives the necklace to Yauman. They all vote off Boo.

Final immunity: Yauman wins the endurance challenge. He votes off Dreamz. They all vote to give Yauman the million dollars over Earl. :)

Jhar55

Medalist
Answer to the question if Dreamz has to take the truck, probably not there's probably a cash option (in general)(guessing the same with surivior) which most people who win cars/trucks usally end up taking and it's not the full value of the car that they would get. As for taxes yes he will have to pay the taxes and license on the truck or cash. That's how it works where I work when we give away cars. So does this count as the curse of winning a car on Yau-man, win a car lose Surivior.
Saw on the preview that Dreamz does honor his word and gives Yau-man the idol. Also I was suprised that Sunday is the final thought it might be another 2 weels.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I just can't believe that Sunday is the finale already!!!

You're right!! I forgot!! Thanks for the reminder so I can plan accordingly..... Hopefully no power outages to throw the day off track this time...

JonnyCoop, here is the report I do for our game at work.
Dee

Thanks, Dee!! Terrifically in-depth!!:clap: :clap: :clap: I will admit, tho, that I haven't actually READ the entire thing yet; I printed it out to read later tonight. For some reason, I get squirmy when reading long posts on the internet, which is rather ironic, given the NOVELLAS I myself write about American Idol..... :laugh: :laugh: But there you have it; go figure. Anything longer than 3 paragraphs, no matter how interesting, and it's Squirm City. (Partly due to my ADD, I suppose....)

On another note -- my first multi-quote post! It worked! NOW I know how to do it! :rock: :rock:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Dee, now that I've read the whole thing:

FABULOUS REPORT!! :clap: :clap: :rock: :rock:

Thank you so much -- if I'd had these reports to refer to earlier in the season, I might have had a much better clue as to what was actually GOING ON.... :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I second that Dee, I read that twice last night - first time I thought you copied from Survivors site - and decided I was not in the mood to post anymore (how can one hope to sound good after the master Dee has posted?). I think Toni and you should team up and be a reporting team on FS events around the country.:bow: :bow:

I really wish that we knew what is edited to change the timing of responses and such. For example, when Jeff said, " now is the time to play the II" the expressions on the faces and looks toward Yau. Now was that really when he stood up, or was everyone really looking at him as if to say "Are you crazy, you better go play that thing." If they all looked at him prior to playing it, well no wonder he played it. I mean what kind of give away that you put his name down? My guess is that they edited those looks in before he stood up where as they may have all happened when he stood up to give it to Jeff.

Not that I don't like Yau ( my earlier "jackass" comment was not regarding him even though he does stuff that is bad karma and was taken as OK fine, he is playing) but if he is sitting there when everyone is voting for the Million dollar winner, it is going to be very "un-surprising" to say the least. They'll have a reunion show and Yau will get the pop vote like Rupert, so I don't feel bad about seeing him go - if he does.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I second that Dee, I read that twice last night - first time I thought you copied from Survivors site - and decided I was not in the mood to post anymore (how can one hope to sound good after the master Dee has posted?)..
Sean, for the most part I did copy from the cbs site but changed a few things, so no great kudos are expected. I do this every week for our game at work. I could write the whole thing but would be 2-3 weeks behind. :laugh: :laugh: Also, I couldn't take the time to write these reports on company time. Although I would much rather do that. :laugh: :laugh: I also post all of our names and those people eliminated are pointed out by red text.

The only reason I posted my report was for JonnyCoop and the dial-up situation. The cbs site has loads of graphics. I agree with JonnyCoop about long posts and normally I wouldn't post the report.

Here's my take on what may happen. I think Cassandra and Dre will convince Earl that going to the finals with Yau-man would not be a good idea and that most of the jury would vote for Yau-man. Since Earl has the idol and feels honor and respect for Yau, Cassandra and Dre will suggest to vote off Earl, he will use the Immunity Idol, Boo will vote for Yau and Yau is gone. Earl saves face with Yau. Boo is voted off too. The final three will be:

1. Earl
2. Cassandra
3. Dre

Earl will take Cassandra knowing the jury will vote for him.

What are your predictions??

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
My take on how Yau Man probably knew to play the immunity idol was, he seems to have such a surprising and bizarre set of skills, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he could tell by the way the pen was scratching on the paper that people were voting for him..... :laugh: :laugh: Kind of a variation of Edgardo suspecting he was gonna go because people were writing down a longer name than the one he was expecting to have written down.....

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Sean, for the most part I did copy from the cbs site but changed a few things, so no great kudos are expected.

When you said that about writing it up for work, I got confused I guess.

I like your Ideas on what will transpire. They probably will vote at 3 again - or is that just they way it is always going to be from now on?

JonnyCoop:rofl: Yau can tell who is being voted for by the scratching of the pen....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :agree: That is so funny.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Quite an interesting tribal council to vote for the winner. Interesting outcome.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Best choice was made, unanimously. The moment he lied, he had no chance - I wonder if that is what he thought? Be straight up, You changed your mind! Lier.:scowl: Boo called him to the plate and he failed miserably. And why didn't he just work the deal with Yau that Yau HAD TO vote someone else if he obliged his part of the deal - something working with it? He was entertaining though.:laugh:

I new she wouldn't see a vote.

Lisi :eek:is freaky, WOH. I think some of the jury were afraid to sit next to her. :laugh:

What was up with the fact Earl was called 2 days before the show? Are they running out of applicants?

I know what I was thinking when Jeff asked Rita's kids if they were proud of her.:laugh: "There are a lot of guys calling":laugh: She did work hard though.

Anyhoo, fun but not a favorite group, I am not even that fond of Yau.
Jeff said "nows the time to play it" before and after the votes again;) It has got to be one or the other Jeffy.

This Pirates Show seems like it will be interesting too.

What was up with the fact Earl was called 2 days before the show? Are they running out of applicants?
I have heard that they don't even bother with applicants sending in tapes any more. They just recruit various aspiring actors, etc., and try to get a mix of personality types that they think will turn out to be entertaining.

Dream could have "done the right thing" and been no worse off anyway. Dreamz had no chance of winning the million dollars against Yau-man OR Earl.

BTW, we kwew that there would be a final three instead of a final two when the first juror was the 12th person left, not the 11th (giving an odd number).

I wonder if Yau-man said after the game was over, naw, on second thought, I'll keep the truck. I was just playing Dreamz when I pretented to give it to him.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
BTW, we kwew that there would be a final three instead of a final two when the first juror was the 12th person left, not the 11th (giving an odd number).
Not necessarily, but it was rather obvious as soon as Cass was going to be in the mix.

I wonder if Yau-man said after the game was over, naw, on second thought, I'll keep the truck. I was just playing Dreamz when I pretended to give it to him.
:agree:
I think he didn't live up to the bargain. I know Yau said no matter what but... here is another sign to me Yau did not play that great of a game. He could have even said "Yau, I don't want the truck and can't take it with a clear conscience," something, anything to try to be "smart or cool" about it. And no push to vote out Cass, what was wrong with them voting her out? Yau should not have been so concerned with Dre, his "speeches" were pathetic and Yau would have beet him in the vote anyway. Why didn't Yau play it as though he would vote for Cass instead of Dre??? Then even blindsided him at the vote? Good idea but poorly executed - only one good idea but not other good ideas to follow up on it. No I am not that impressed with Yau. I didn't like Earl that much either, but clearly / sadly IMO, the most deserving of the Million.

What a let down Dre is.

One burning question, maybe I missed it last night. If Yau was expecting the idol from Dre, why did he try at the challenge. I don't think Dreamz caught on to it (no surprise there doofis), but Yau was blatantly saying to him, "I am trying my hardest at the immunity challenge because I don't think you are a man of your word." He was right:agree: But trying just said, dreamz I expect you to go back on your word." Why didn't Dreamz even ask him?

IF it is true about not having auditions and hand picking, I would say they are doing worse with personalities IMO and entertainment than if they have "real joes" who desire to be on it. With that kind of "rounding up" of contestants continuing on the show I will probably stop watching, that just take some of the original aspects away from the game.

Last edited:
And no push to vote out Cass, what was wrong with them voting her out?
I think everyone wanted to go to the finals with Cassandra. Even Dreamz would have had a chance against Cassandra straight up. The jurors might have said, we hate Dreamz with a passion but at least he deserves credit for playing the game.

Yau might have been Earl's best buddy of all time, but for Earl to vote to keep Yau and vote off Cassandra, that was throwing away a million dollars.
One burning question, maybe I missed it last night. If Yau was expecting the idol from Dre, why did he try at the challenge.
:laugh: Yeah, Dreamz, I trust you as a man of honor. But in the meantime, I'm holding on to the bar with everything I've got.

To me, the most interesting thing about Survivor is the interplay between who you are as a person and what strategy is best for the game. Is Dreamz a scumbag or a good player? If we are playing Monopoly and I craftily put a hotel on Boardwalk and make you go bankrupt, am I an awful person in real life?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Is Dreamz a scumbag or a good player?
I had question prior to the last Tribal counsel, but after that I think we all know, he is a scumbag. Had hopes but now he shows - gee, maybe Stacy shouldn't feel to bad about that Coffee thing EH?:p

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
Is Dreamz a scumbag or a good player?
First of all, I don't think that Dre is a scumbag at all. As he said many times over, and over, this is a game. Why did he keep the Immunity Idol... for greed?....a possiblity, and maybe changing his life around. Who knows. Why did Yau-man make a deal with Dre,..........for greed?, a possiblity. Why would Yau-man even make such a deal?? Was he trying to take advantage of someone he thought was dumb??

Speaking of dumb, I loved when Lisi asks Dre.......how many zeros in a million. Dre answers............6..........Lisi looks at the jury member to confirm if he's right.

I thought Alex was totally out of line, totally.

Seanibu said:
maybe Stacy shouldn't feel to bad about that Coffee thing EH?
Sean, Stacy herself said from the responses she got in the one challenge, she wants to change her life around.

Dee

Jhar55

Medalist
I thought Dremz would keep his deal and was very dissapointed when he didn't and glad he didn't get a vote for the million. I think one reason Yau-Man made the deal with him was because he didn't need the truck and knew Dremz could use one. Oh well game over lets move to the next one. Priate Master looks kind of like surivior but on a ship, can't wait for the mutuny :biggrin: