NHK Trophy: Predictions Game Round 6

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
A lot of perfect scores this time, folks:

LadiesResults

Gold: kumagoro, el henry, sarahjoanne, karne, casualfan,
with 75 points

Silver: Weathergal, Gia_Sesshoumaru, Lydia1703, HR4, TTM, ssffww, lightsout, sabinfire, cer, lady_bee
with 65 points

Bronze: Starsfan84, LeeJiHye19, sunnystars, Fetinia, Daniel1998, rosacotton, invisiblespiral, evergreen, Lysambre, andromache, surimi, xibsuarz, Pere, Totentanz, psusanne, Icebethy, Puchi mis751, sequinsgalore, itofan, Hyena, text_skate, canarycry, Shoma One, hydroblade koatcue
with 60 points

Congratulations to all!! :clap: :hap57:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
As for the overall standings in ladies after all events. There are some significant changes. Many of those who were in the top 10 bet against Anna or Maria or both. Many but sabinfire who made a decisive move to win the preliminaries:

Gold: sabinfire 305 points:clap::hb:

I know that sabinfire is still in the mix for the overall gold. Wish you good luck!

A long time leader skylark underestimated the consistency of Maria who managed to stay strong despite all the carrots she collected. But the cushion was good, hence:

Silver: skylark 300 points :clap:

And in bronze we have some names who made a final spurt with 75 points:

Bronze: ssffww, casualfan, sarahjoanne 295 points :clap:

Well, the final is still due and the points are higher. But, I guess, it will be easy to the leaders after such a difficult preliminary phase. Of course, ice is slippery, but Medvedeva-Pogorilaya seems to be a no-brainer now that Anna has gained confidence. They both have very occasional calls and grew up a solid pcs cushion. Then it is trickier but we are talking about just 4 skaters left. Maria looks like an outlier but she is consistent: Radionova and Osmond are not. Satoko is a big question mark meaning whether the tech people are going to be harsh with URs or not.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Men's Results are IN!!! again, there was a surprise medalist Keiji and unexpected result for Jason

Gold Medal : Caroliza_fan, cer, el henry, HanDomi, lady_bee, ladykk, Mrs. P and pherx4 with 60 points!!! :yahoo::hap57::gclap:

Silver Medal : andromache, daylightescapades, eta, Florencito, FreeAgent, Gia_Sesshoumaru, Greta, lennicky, Marin, Moxiejan, NoNameFace, silverfoxes, skylark and voolfee with 55 points!! :hap57::hap10:

Bronze Medal : berry8, Crossover, Daniel1998, DaPurpleDino, glorybox6, Hyena, Ice Diva, Jagger, LeeJiHye19, lightsout, Lydia1703, Nathan13, nikki51, randomfan, Skater Boy, Sugarpova, sunnyouyang, sunnystars, surimi, sweetsugar1613, TheGrandSophy and Totentanz with 50 points! :clapper:

and special mention to Becki cause she is the only one to put Keiji on the podium or even top 5 at predictions!!! :cheer:

congratulations to all!!! :cheer: cant believe there is on GPF left, time sure passes so fast! :dbana: and finally, as usual please let me know if there are any mistakes! :agree:

eta

Medalist
Men's Results are IN!!! again, there was a surprise medalist Keiji and unexpected result for Jason

Silver Medal : andromache, daylightescapades, eta, Florencito, FreeAgent, Gia_Sesshoumaru, Greta, lennicky, Marin, Moxiejan, NoNameFace, silverfoxes, skylark and voolfee with 55 points!! :hap57::hap10:

Yay silver~~~

On the other hand, I got 30 for ladies :slink:

casualfan

On the Ice
As for the overall standings in ladies after all events. There are some significant changes. Many of those who were in the top 10 bet against Anna or Maria or both. Many but sabinfire who made a decisive move to win the preliminaries:

And in bronze we have some names who made a final spurt with 75 points:

Bronze: ssffww, casualfan, sarahjoanne 295 points :clap:

I am in complete shock. I thought I bombed ladies but I ended up with a gold and now completely unexpectedly I'm in bronze position for ladies overall, wow.

Thanks to all the scorers for doing a great job.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Gold Medal : Caroliza_fan with 60 points!!! :yahoo::hap57::gclap:

So, let me get this straight. All season I have been spending at least 20 to 30 minutes making out my predictions for each category.

Yet it is the set of predictions that I threw together in 3 minutes that wins me a Gold Medal. :shocked:

I think there's a lesson here... :think: :agree:

Mind you, I don't think I will be getting any medals for Pairs after cathlen's comment about them being so "original"! (read: "crazy"!) :laugh:

Or Dance... :mad:

So, I think I'll cherish this Gold one for the Men! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Lysambre

Final Flight
Ohhh, I got another bronze medal \o/. One for the first GP, one for the last GP.

I honestly didn't think I'd get any since this was my very first time playing the game XD

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

o.o

in shock as always for any medal I got for singles...

for this one I should send a big fat :thank: and some gifts/homemade pie to my boys Alexei and Mikhail who were such obedient to sit 4th and 5th overall, just like in my predictions :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Like I said, it's boring compared to other disicplines, but here are your PAIRS RESULTS! More than one hundred of you have medaled. Judging by the number of winners, it was easy prediction :)

GOLD: alebi, apgold, berry8, breynows, canarycry, casualfan, cer, coolboogie22, Crossover, Daniel1998, daphenaxa, daylightescapades, Debrah, el henry, eta, evergreen, Fetinia, Florencito, Gia_Sesshoumaru, glorybox6, Greta, hydroblader, Hyena, Ice Diva, Icebethy, icekiwi, invisiblespiral, itofan, Jagger, Karpenko, Kirei, Kittosuni, LA143, lady_bee, lennicky, lightsout, lost3iron, Marin, Marius, matmuh, mirai4life, Mrs. P, Nathan13, nikki51, NoNameFace, Osmond4gold, Pere, pherx4, Pippuripihvi, Poice, Puchi, randomfan, sabinfire, Sabrina, Sackie, [email protected], sarahjoanne, semosk8tfan, sequinsgalore, silverfoxes, Skater Boy, ssffww, Starsfan84, sunn1ly, sunnyouyang, sunnystars, sweetsugar1613, text_skate, TheGrandSophy, theskatingbutterfly, Totentanz, TTM, Violetti, voolfee, Weathergal, Xorasy and Yatagarasu with perfect 75 points! :cool2:
SILVER: 4everchan, andromache, desertskates, ines42575, jenaj, MsLiinaLii, naz and Tastetherainbow with 70 points! :hap10:
BRONZE: Becki, corynna, DaPurpleDino, Elaine, FreeAgent, HR4, koatcue, ladykk, Lydia1703, mis751, nipman, nox1, psusanne, ptskate, Sam-Skwantch, Shoma One, shyne, skylark, slider11, StitchMonkey, surimi, TGee and xibsuarz with 65 points! :hap85:

Congrats to all! If you spot mistake, please let me know. You can check your score here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1fORdcMfxFEvxZ9-2uag/edit?pli=1#gid=630973255

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Gold: sabinfire 305 points:clap::hb:

I know that sabinfire is still in the mix for the overall gold. Wish you good luck!

Woot, thanks!!! :yahoo:

With the strength of my ladies, it appears I will be the sole overall leader of the predictions game after 6 events! :party:

(Obviously we're still awaiting the final Dance event, but the top predictors all have identical Dance predictions, so I foresee no movement at the top, regardless of the results.)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nice, congrats ... make sure you get it right for bonus round gpf lol... or else.... :devil:
Woot, thanks!!! :yahoo:

With the strength of my ladies, it appears I will be the sole overall leader of the predictions game after 6 events! :party:

(Obviously we're still awaiting the final Dance event, but the top predictors all have identical Dance predictions, so I foresee no movement at the top, regardless of the results.)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i don't play this game very well ... either i don't trust my faves to win and i put them far behind... and then they win... or either i try to put them in the top five to send them good vibes and then they bomb (hi Alaine!!!) so in the end, I always do badly... even pairs... of course, i shouldn't complain with 70 points.. but I knew how to get 75... i just was wishful thinking the Austrians would land their sbs jumps... almost did.. lol
That's why I need to celebrate the lead now! ;) GPF is always the toughest to predict with such a strong field!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Once again, it is an honour just to be nominated. I would like to thank the Academy for this Gold statue....but most importantly, "you like me, you really do like me!"

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, did I read these results correctly?

Gold in men ( :sad21: about the actual results, if not my predictive skills) *and* .... ladies:shocked:

I couldn't pick Maria Sotskova out of a lineup of one, but I put her in the right place in the podium:laugh2:

I love this game:laugh:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Ice Dance Results

We have 106 medalists. Major spoilers for a perfect 75 score were V/M in first and H/B in 4th, therefore we have 88 Bronze medalists :drama:

GOLD: coolboogie22, DiamondDust and ladykk with 75 points! :points::points: :dance3:

SILVER: alebi, Becki, Debrah, Kittosuni, koatcue, Mrs. P, noctiluca, ptskate, Sam-Skwantch, semosk8tfan, Shoma One, Skater Boy, slider11, Starsfan84 and sunn1ly with 65 points!
:cheer: :party2:

BRONZE: 4everchan, andromache, apgold, breynows, canarycry, casualfan, cer, corynna, Crossover, Daniel1998, daphenaxa, DaPurpleDino, daylightescapades, desertskates, Elaine, eta, evergreen, Fetina, Florencito, FreeAgent, Gia_Sesshoumaru, glorybox6, Greta, HR4, hydroblader, Hyena, Ice Diva, Icebethy, icekiwi, ines42575, invisiblespiral, itofan, Jagger, karne, Karpenko, Kirei, LA143, lady_bee, LadyB, lennicky, lightsout, lost3iron, Lydia1703, Lysambre, Marin, Marius, matmuh, mis751, Moxiejan, MsLiinaLii, Nathan13, naz, nikki51, nipman, NoNameFace, nox1, Osmond4gold, Pere, pherx4, Poice, psusanne, Puchi, randomfan, sabinfire, Sackie, [email protected], sarahjoanne, sequinsgalore, shyne, ssffww, Sugarpova, sunnyouyang, sunnystars, surimi, sweetsugar1613, Tastetherainbow, text_skate, TGee, TheGrandSophy, theskatingbutterfly, Totentanz, TTM, Violetti, voolfee, Weathergal, xibsuarz, Xorasy and Yatagarasu with 55 points!
:yes2:

Congrats to everyone.

If you find any mistakes, please let me know. As usually, there is a lot of copy and pasting involved.

Last edited:

casualfan

On the Ice
congratulations to all!!! :cheer: cant believe there is on GPF left, time sure passes so fast! :dbana: and finally, as usual please let me know if there are any mistakes! :agree:

Hi. I believe my men's score should be 45, not 40. Hanyu correct placement with Chen, Kolyada, and Bychenko one placement off. Thanks in advance for checking. Also, is there a way to see the standings in order of highest scores rather than alphabetical?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Hi. I believe my men's score should be 45, not 40. Hanyu correct placement with Chen, Kolyada, and Bychenko one placement off. Thanks in advance for checking. Also, is there a way to see the standings in order of highest scores rather than alphabetical?

I download a copy of the spreadsheet so I can manipulate it more easily. Then you can create a filter and sort points largest-to-smallest.

For overall scores through 6 events, you are sitting #10 right now:

sabinfire 1305
Puchi 1295
Nathan13 1285
cer 1275
apgold 1270
daylightescapades 1270
NoNameFace 1270
Poice 1270
invisiblespiral 1255
casualfan 1245