Now I know the Meaning of the term: "Cheesefest" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Now I know the Meaning of the term: "Cheesefest"

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
What a stupid pathetic event. :rofl:

I totally agree... but it was a good way to chase my husband & son outta the house for the a few hours & get some cleaning done... one would be surprised how well muzak works as a background to scrubbing down the bathroom ;)

ETA: Espcially when the standout performance came from guy in his late 30s!!! Gosh, how I truly love Kurt Browning...

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
I totally agree... but it was a good way to chase my husband & son outta the house for the a few hours & get some cleaning done... one would be surprised how well muzak works as a background to scrubbing down the bathroom ;)

ETA: Espcially when the standout performance came from guy in his late 30s!!! Gosh, how I truly love Kurt Browning...

ITA about Kurt!! What a great on-ice personality and skater. A perfect compliment to the "cheese." :clap:

Spirit

On the Ice
Actually, one of the best parts of Marshall's was hearing Terry Gannon rag on Dick Button a little bit. "It's ironic to hear a guy in a bow tie telling someone else to 'Loosen up.'"

Then Peter Carruthers got in on the act and impersonated Dick. Terry mentioned that in a few years Dick would still be talking. :laugh:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Kwanford Wife said:

:clap:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
shine said:
I really hope this is a confidence booster for Matt....to get three of the most influential people in the skating world to praise like that at your face on National TV and right next to your rivals!! :love: Even though he didn't get to advance, I was still so happy and proud for him. Peter and Dick nailed it. Dick in particular with his "you have music in your bones" comment finally told Matt what many of us fans have wanted to tell him for the longest time. If he skates like that at Nationals with the same kind of speed, attack, and freedom he had yesterday, he might just make it to the Olympics. Gosh I truly LOVE his skating with a passion.

Matt has never had the respect from the U.S judging community, and I dont see that changing this year. I will be very happy if I am wrong though. :)

cianni

On the Ice
Fun Show

I thought it was fun to watch. The sport is a business and the ratings are way down and the arenas are empty. I was at SA and the arena was empty. This might be the gage for how many will tune in and buy tickets. I wasnt expecting anything and just enjoyed the show. I think it was a bit much to expect the skaters to hear the comments from the judges and showed that the causal fans will pay and tune in to see the skater they like to watch skate. Fans are not going to try to figure out why a skater won or lost on a change of edge or diferent positions on a spin and all the crap that is being put on the ice. Someone said to me is this what is supposed to be skating now? They all do the same thing its boring. Im not sure if this what will be the future of skating. Ita a business and money is the bottom line. The causual fan is the bloodline of the sport and this new way of skating may be its demise. I think the two who won skate and , the rest are tricksters on ice. Disagree but the sponsers and networks will only show what sells. Anyone know the ratings. I got it at 12am till 2am.here.

Antilles

Medalist
I agree with everyone who thought this was painful to watch. I spent most of the two hours in disbelief. Kudos to all of the skaters for not squirming during the judging phase.

mzheng

Record Breaker
I rewatched Matt's program several times. IMO, it reflected the esense of beauty of the figure skating. The grace, elegant, smooth and flooooooooooooooooow on ice. GOD, does he have the 'body languge' (borrow from Joe. lol)...I hope National judges get the memo from ABC pannel. Give the points he deserved in coming up Nationals.
You go boy :rock:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Matt has never had the respect from the U.S judging community, and I dont see that changing this year. I will be very happy if I am wrong though. :)
He hasn't gotten the respect from the international judging community, either, in the last few years, in either system. The US judges tend to pick up on that.