Osmond still confident | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Osmond still confident

jaylee

Medalist
What would give Kaetlyn Osmond confidence is working on the second-half of Swan Lake a lot more. The last four jumping passes have given her a LOT of trouble, with issues on at least 2 of 4, all across the season.

Autumn Classic: 3Lo, 3F, 3S+2T (no 2Lo), 1A (pop)
Skate Canada: 3Lo, 2F (pop), 3S+2T+2Lo, 2A (fall)
Internationaux de France: 3Lo (fall), 3F, 3S+2T+2Lo, 1A (pop)
Grand Prix Final: 2Lo (pop), 3F, 3S (fall), 2A+2T+2Lo
Nationals: 3Lo (step-out), 3F (fall), 3S+2T+1Lo (pop), 2A

I'm not sure what can be done at this point -- Osmond has always struggled with the second half of her FS, even when she had an easier jumping layout (i.e. when she attempted only 6 triples with no 3Lo), which makes me think it's more of a stamina issue than anything else.

She could try frontloading more of her jumping passes, but she would lose base value without the second half bonus and end up too far back from her competitors.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
I would honestly love to see Kaetlyn skate to the 2002 Chicago OST for a free program. Yeah yeah, I know it’s a warhorse in its own right, but Kaetlyn really excels at bringing out her personality when she skates to Fosse show tunes, they match her sublime performance skills to a tee. Her Sweet Charity/Big Spender/Rich Man’s Frug SP from four years ago was my everything. :love:

As much as I really enjoy Mariah Bell’s short program, I think Kaetlyn could take “Roxie” to a whole new level and knock it out of the park.

Agree times 1000!!!

I’ve always thought Kaetlyn rocks the Broadway type numbers. I get that Swan Lake has always been something she’d like to do and I respect that, but I’d like to think that, especially given all the troubles she’s been having with her long, that someone in her team would’ve said “we’ll do SL AFTER the Olympics, k?”.
She’s such a natural showgirl, why step outside her comfort zone in the Olympic year?
Especially since the energy she creates would absolutely bring down the house.

anyanka

Record Breaker
It's good she talks up her confidence. But no one realistically expects her to pull off a clean long at the Olympics now. She just doesn't do clean long. The hope of stopping Russian ladies would have to lie with Kostner now.

[cough] Gabby [cough]

... but to be realistic, if she does, she is NOT going to get a 151 FS / 229 overall score ...