Patrick Chan | Page 328 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I am just joking around but of course, I think that there is often something missing in figure skating, and that's musical understanding... we talked a lot about it for Mackie last year... I am sure competent and educated musicians would be great addition to a skating team. ;) hire me patrick... hire me ;)

Yes, you should be his music consultant. Even though I'm sure having Eric as the composer of the new LP helps.

PS... as Patrick's new coach... I'd say... screw the 4S... give me a 4F...
I AM IN LOVE WITH HIS FLIP :) it's such a gorgeous jump.... I dream of Patrick working on it :)

Glad I'm not the only one who loves his flip!:agree: It was absolutely essential as the last jump of his Chopin LP!

-----------

Right now I'm working on another page of photos, but it's slow going. Hope to post it soon!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i'd have a lot to discuss here ;)

You are correct though that at least, this year, Eric and Patrick can discuss the music and its emotional content. That's a rare privilege... which skater has a friend who is a world figure skating champion, and also the composer of his LP music?

My only issue, which I hope I am wrong about, is that we haven't heard yet that piece. We heard only a couple sections of it that were gorgeous... but how do they all fit together? Are there several snippets of music glued together? Is it a 4 minute piece with interesting material throughout? No offense to Eric whom I adore, but I was not personally very fond of the piece he and Meagan skated on at the olympics.... I thought it was borderline elevator music... (Please Eric do not read this, I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU) ....

So yeah.... i'd be very picky about music choices.... and of course, Patrick does classical music very well so I'd be going in that direction at least for the LP. This year will be a revelation for me. How does Patrick do with simpler music? Is it easier for him? Does it set his nerves properly? Or does it look empty ?

Patrick's skating is so powerful and refined. When I watched 4CC's LP (it was late!!! but I stayed up) I had a glass of great wine in hand. The chopin is of course great music. His skating was amazing .... Perfect experience.

Now I feel I may need a beer for the beatles ;) and and a couple of girly drink for the LP .... this might lead to funky morning afters

Last edited:

calica

Final Flight

blueberryhill

On the Ice
Photochan Post

What's real and what's not? ;)

http://i.imgur.com/RLa4Bii.jpg

This is the work of 3D sidewalk artist Julian Beever entitled "White River Rafting". And to think that after all that painstaking work, everything disappears after a few rainstorms!

(Pchiddy stepping on the alligator reminds me of James Bond running across the crocodiles in Live and Let Die! :cool:)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
i'd have a lot to discuss here ;)

Yes, please! I would love to get your thoughts on the music for a blog post!

:rofl::rofl::clap: Of course! I retweeted it to Pchiddy as well!

Photochan Post

What's real and what's not? ;)

http://i.imgur.com/RLa4Bii.jpg

:laugh: And another to add! Keep going, Blueberryhill! I can't wait to get back to photochanning! :cool:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, please! I would love to get your thoughts on the music for a blog post!

we will see ;) not saying no... :) just trying to think what would interest people and how I could write it and of course, it is something that I could have done really well on the Patrick's Chopin last year ;) but this year, I don't know ;)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
They are dance coaches except Johnny Johns. Mr. Johns has any star student? I don't know how to react to the choice....