Patrick Chan | Page 329 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

happylife

On the Ice
Whatever Patrick's choice is, I fully support him in his decision and truly wish him the best with his new coaching team. :hap10:;)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I was curious of the opinion of Patrick's fans. Well, I'm not smarter...;)

BTW I wish him the best! He deserves a great season!:agree:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I was curious of the opinion of Patrick's fans. Well, I'm not smarter...;)

BTW I wish him the best! He deserves a great season!:agree:

I think for Patrick's fans, these news are almost like non-news... we knew he had been seeking advice from Oleg and Marina... so it's just a sealing the deal sort of news... Are we thrilled or not? Time will tell :) I can only speak for myself but I trust Patrick knows what he is doing. One thing is sure, Marina's energy could bring some fireworks (positive ones) if not on the ice, well at least in the KnC :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
now we need a photochan of Patrick jumping away from/around/on top of Marina LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
we will see ;) not saying no... :) just trying to think what would interest people and how I could write it and of course, it is something that I could have done really well on the Patrick's Chopin last year ;) but this year, I don't know ;)
Please write a blog post about the Chopin! It doesn't matter that it's last yyear's program. In fact, if you chose to write about ANY of Patrick's music choices I would read it happily! :)

Skate Canada announces that Patrick Chan will be coached by Marina Zoueva, Oleg Epstein and Johnny Johns in Canton, Michigan. https://skatecanada.ca/2016/09/patrick-chan-announces-coaching-team/

Dance coach for a gifted dance quality SS athlete is an ideal choice, IMO. He will be fine.
I agree with Sorrento. He skates like a dancer with jumps. He'll be fine. Only time will tell what his results will be, but I can't wait to find out!!! Oh, and maybe people will stop accusing him of "not having a jump coach" with Oleg officially on the team.

He is the CEO of Patrick Inc.

Go rock 'em, Patrick!
He certainly is. He seems comfortable in his own skin nowadays and knows what he wants.

Whatever Patrick's choice is, I fully support him in his decision and truly wish him the best with his new coaching team. :hap10:;)
:agree:

I think for Patrick's fans, these news are almost like non-news... we knew he had been seeking advice from Oleg and Marina... so it's just a sealing the deal sort of news... Are we thrilled or not? Time will tell. I can only speak for myself but I trust Patrick knows what he is doing. One thing is sure, Marina's energy could bring some fireworks (positive ones) if not on the ice, well at least in the KnC

now we need a photochan of Patrick jumping away from/around/on top of Marina LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OH MY GOSH, that would be HILARIOUS!!!!! Somebody please do it! :laugh2: It should be fun to see Marina's antics in the K&C with Patrick. :popcorn: But then, it could be Oleg or Johnny sitting with him. We'll see!

Last edited:

blueberryhill

On the Ice
Yep! It takes three coaches to understand Patrick, Lol. So he's staying in Michigan another season. I wonder if he'll stay there until the Olympics?

The press release by Skate Canada this morning started off "Patrick Chan, 25, Toronto, Ont., will be working with a new coaching team this season."

I was both amused and bemused by all the negative comments after Kathy Johnson announced her resignation that suggested it was a flaw in Patrick's character that prompted three coaches to "resign".

One of my favorite quotes is "People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you'll know exactly what to do." (Michelle Ventor)

I'm looking forward to seeing what this new collaboration will bring. I really feel it will be exciting!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I found gifts to share with you all:

Best of Me Ex from 2014 CSOI, as aired on CBC, no commentary

Steppin' Out Ex from 2014 CSOI, as aired on CBC, no commentary

Such elegance with perfect carriage, posture, and effortless glides. As well, I love the sound of his deep edges.

And this tweet today by Stars on Ice (Patrick retweeted it), which has a photo of Patrick and Andrew Poje in the midst of on-ice fun. I don't know how much more adorable you could get than this! :laugh2: :luv17:

Pchiddy: "Alright then. I can still dance on ice. Without a partner, I'll lift myself and twizzle in the air. I will be the quad jumping Ice Dancer to stand on the Mens podium, just like Violet Bliss has proclaimed."

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Patrick and Alex Shibutani bidding us to come into forbidden territory:

https://twitter.com/AlexShibutani/status/779828634785812480

Beverly Smith called them "bad boys"! :laugh2:

And upon a closer look, that light steaming down toward Pchiddy has a rainbow in it. :)

------

Photo of Patrick's gray "daily" BMW in the Arctic Edge parking lot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKrtLMaAaAI/

Apparently the Shib sibs are also BMW drivers...

rainbow is from me :)

at least patrick knows how to park properly

blueberryhill

On the Ice
rainbow is from me :)

at least patrick knows how to park properly
I'm impressed with Patrick's parking. He reverse parks (backs into a space) and that is considered safer.
And it's a skill that I can't quite master (lol). :eek::
And for the record, I've never double parked like the blue bmw even in an empty parking lot. :noshake:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm impressed with Patrick's parking. He reverse parks (backs into a space) and that is considered safer.
And it's a skill that I can't quite master (lol). :eek::
And for the record, I've never double parked like the blue bmw even in an empty parking lot. :noshake:

reverse parking is the best :) you can always cheat though by driving across the parking stall to the next one so it looks like you did it reverse if you see what i mean :)

in this case, patrick clearly didn't drive through the grass though... the blue bmw? omg... i hope that's not shibs sibs :)