Plastic Surgery for Skaters | Golden Skate

Plastic Surgery for Skaters

southwest wind

Rinkside
I got to thinking about Jessica Dube and her recent slice. That brought me to wondering if "we" knew of skaters that have had cosmetic surgery of any type. For instance I thought that Xue Shen had signifcant dental work done on her incisors just after she and Hongbo started to become successful. - somewhere around 2003. In the early pictures her jaw just seems so full and she had huge incisors. I can't seem to find a really good picture as she never has her mouth open. Later on she smiles all the time and is entrancing.

I have tried to find some pics, but don't seem to have as many sources as others.

now
http://www.chinadaily.cn/english/doc/2004-11/21/content_393439.htm

these are stunning
http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/photo/2004/shenzhao.html

http://english.people.com.cn/200312/25/images/1224_144s.jpg

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...ges?q=xue+shen+2002&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G

the middle pciture doen't even look like the same girl
http://home.snafu.de/eberl/archiv/photodir/skaters/pairs/shen-zhao_chn.shtml

Last edited:
I don't know that I would characterize orthodontia as plastic surgery, but, yeah, Xue Shen looks great these days! :agree:

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Peggy Flemming has had EVERY kind of plastic surgery job. Her face looks so fake that it really hurts me to watch.

~Z

Are you sure? She does look extremely young though. When people mentioned she's already in her 60s, I couldn't believe my eyes.

But she's in terrific shape.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Sasha Abt has all caps, but I don't really consider dental work plastic surgery as such.

Peggy Fleming is 58 and turns 59 this summer.

nuge

On the Ice
Thankyou I've not seen those photos before .She looks fab infact they are a stunning couple .On and off the ice .:yes:

John King

Final Flight
Verify this newstory or not....

"Didja hear the news?Speedy (Ottavio Cinquanta) just had an a**hole transplant"

"Yes,but apparently there were complications in surgery"

"What complications?"

"The a**hole rejected him!"

Linny

Final Flight
An image?

Can you find a recent picture of Miss Peggy? 'Cause I don't really see the stretched out, melting off their skull look that generally accompanies large amounts of plastic surgery on a face (a la Joan Rivers).
Linny

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Can you find a recent picture of Miss Peggy? 'Cause I don't really see the stretched out, melting off their skull look that generally accompanies large amounts of plastic surgery on a face (a la Joan Rivers).

*boggle*

When you're in your late 50's and you don't have a single line or sag anywhere in your face, it's pretty obvious that several applications of plastic surgery and/or botox have taken place.

~Z

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
It seems something is going on with Peggy's upper cheeks. Kind of like the "puffiness" that occurs under the eyes has been pulled to the sides and is now over the peek of her cheek bone. ??? I still find her quite good looking though - yet not as much as the B/W submitted though.

Nicole really had a boob job? I am a guy against those unless it has some purpose OTHER THAN superficial gain. Well, now that makes me think, ????? Maybe feeling better about yourself is more than just superficial gain. ??? Maybe I am not as against them as I thought???? What ever floats you boat I 'spose.

I don't really conceder any jaw surgery a typical "plastic surgery" for it is a necessity in most cases I am aware of (I have heard of other reasons) for the bite of the jaw / teeth. There is someone here at GS and I new some one in school that had that done, and I believe there was only the motivation of "healthier" via body mechanics - not for superficial gain. But yes Plastic surgery is plastic surgery regardless.

I think Shen looks like a Asian Tara Lipinski in a couple of those pictures.

Anyone have some "before and afters" of Jenny's nose? I only have a few of her early pics and they are bad resolution from rink side skating. SO I can't see anything definitive. Just curious what it looked like before. ???

Last edited:

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Linny

Unless you find a candid shot, you won't find a recent image that truly depicts Peggy Fleming. Just like any celebrity, any publicity photo has had computer adjustment. Try to get a video tape from Spokane Nationals.

Everyone who has had plastic surgery doesn't necessarily look as extreme as Joan Rivers. By the way, I've seen Rivers in person and she actually looks better than on TV or in photos.

Linny

Final Flight
Taking care of your skin

Taking care of your skin can, indeed, reduce signs of aging. It doesn't have to be surgically enhanced. A good make-up artist can also do wonders.

How about Diane Keaton? She's 10-12 years older than Peggy and appearing in ads for skin care products. Anyone else think Helen Mirron at the Oscars looked pretty fab, too? She's pretty close to retirement age.

I don't know whether or not Peggy had plastic surgery or botox or whatever, just saying that it may be not be as radical as seemed to be implied. Certainly not a complete transformation of features like Michael Jackson.

Linny