Plastic Surgery for Skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plastic Surgery for Skaters

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Lauren Hutton. Never touched and stunning! Left the gap in her teeth and no pulls on her skin, and even though there is a 30 year diff between her and I, I still found her attractive into her 60s (wierd sounding and wouldn't have "dated her" or anything, but.... Something about a woman who says "if it isn't necessary, and I love who I am", that just cannot be beat in the attractive category.

Now where is the confirmation that Nicole had a boob job?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
For instance I thought that Xue Shen had signifcant dental work done on her incisors just after she and Hongbo started to become successful. - somewhere around 2003. In the early pictures her jaw just seems so full and she had huge incisors. I can't seem to find a really good picture as she never has her mouth open. Later on she smiles all the time and is entrancing.

yes, i remeber reading that she was very self concious of her "tiger smile" and was very happy to get some cosmetic dentisty.

Antilles

Medalist
With Peggy it could just be the professional mke-up, lighting and cameras. She may look her age in person.

I'm sure Sandhu had cheek implants or something. His face changed too radically for it to be normal.

I'm not sure if there is actual confirmation about Bobek, but it seems kind of obvious when you see her before and after. I suppose she could have just found some amazing gel bras.

Lanie

On the Ice
I don't really conceder any jaw surgery a typical "plastic surgery" for it is a necessity in most cases I am aware of (I have heard of other reasons) for the bite of the jaw / teeth. There is someone here at GS and I new some one in school that had that done, and I believe there was only the motivation of "healthier" via body mechanics - not for superficial gain. But yes Plastic surgery is plastic surgery regardless.

That'd be me...last Sept I got jaw surgery on both. They moved my upper jaw forward a bit and my lower jaw back near 1/2" due to my underbite. I should be getting my braces off shortly. :clap: I got it done due to both appearance issues and medical issues; I hated how it made me look, it was giving me major teeth issues, and I was in a lot of pain constantly.

Alsace

On the Ice
I had my jaw done, too. The insurance paid for half the surgery, as it was only considered partly cosmetic.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
How about Diane Keaton? She's 10-12 years older than Peggy and appearing in ads for skin care products.

No, she's only 3 years older than Peggy - Diane turned 61 last month. I believe 99% of all people in Hollywood have had work done, but the smart ones start young and do it gradually so it doesn't appear as a sudden and drastic change.

They're all having botox injections to prevent wrinkles, restalyn and collagen fillers to smooth out any creases and regenerate new cell growth, laser and chemical peels for smoother and fresher skin and probably laser and other-method skin tightening. NONE of those procedures/products are considered Plastic Surgery.

It's those botox injections that I am worried about. You inject a deadly toxin into your face that paralyzes your muscles. I hope they don't find out down the line that after years of doing this it also paralyzes your heart muscles, or somehting like that.

jennylovskt

Medalist
It's those botox injections that I am worried about. You inject a deadly toxin into your face that paralyzes your muscles. I hope they don't find out down the line that after years of doing this it also paralyzes your heart muscles, or somehting like that.

Where does the deadly toxin go after 3 - 4 months? It only lasts for 3 - 4 months. So they need to inject it once a while. I assume that your body absorbed it. That is not worth - to try to be more beautiful outside yet to harm your health.

Last edited:

Eeyora

Final Flight
I thought Dorothy looked very different on Skating with Clebrities. But it could be the weightloss.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
The toxin in Botox is Cl. botulinum, the poison that causes botulism food poisoning. The body can, in VERY tiny amounts, process it--this is why adults with fully functioning immune systems can eat honey without getting sick while it's not recommeneded for infants--the spores that cause botulism occur in it. Botulism acts as a paralytic, and very, very quickly. You die from the food poisoning when it gets to the CNS and heart and shuts them down. It is survivable IF caught very, very early and if you spend several weeks on a respirator.

The form used in surgery is supposedly harmless. However, there have been at least two cases of people ending up in the hospital with paralysis (they may eventually have died) from Botox injections. The paralysis can be permanent.

On the subject of skaters: Melissa Gregory has had work done, including removal of the floating rib (the last rib on each side that isn't attached to the breastbone--this surgery gives you a narrower waist. Cher's had it done.)

On the subject of skaters: Melissa Gregory has had work done, including removal of the floating rib (the last rib on each side that isn't attached to the breastbone--this surgery gives you a narrower waist. Cher's had it done.)
Now this is scary. I don't like this stuff at all.

barbk

Spectator
Peggy's husband is a dermatologist, so I guess he'd might have laser treatment equipment as well as the injectables like Restlyne and Botox. But more importantly, Peggy has always maintained her weight and probably taken good care (moisture, sun avoidance, ...) of the skin she has, which would tend to minimize the need for some of the other interventions.

But some people are blessed with naturally wonderful skin -- a look at Peggy's mother might give some indication as to whether this is a genetic good luck result or more probably the result of some interventions.

Antilles

Medalist
Wouldn't that leave a lot of scars? And how would we know she's had it done? If it were me, I wouldn't publicize it. I'd be worried about it screwing up my skating abililty, too. That would be a major alteration.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How about Diane Keaton? She's 10-12 years older than Peggy and appearing in ads for skin care products. Anyone else think Helen Mirron at the Oscars looked pretty fab, too? She's pretty close to retirement age.

Linny

Diane Keaton is exactly 2.5 years older than Peggy Fleming. Diane just turned 61 and Peggy will be 59 in July. Helen Mirren will turn 62 in July. These three ladies are basically in the same age range, only Helen Mirren looks a lot older than the other two.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice

That rumor has circulated for years, but never been acknowledged or proved.

Diane Keaton is exactly 2.5 years older than Peggy Fleming. Diane just turned 61 and Peggy will be 59 in July. Helen Mirren will turn 62 in July. These three ladies are basically in the same age range, only Helen Mirren looks a lot older than the other two.
Older, maybe, but more gorgeous than either, IMO. Hurray for women who dare to look their age!

Zanzibar

Final Flight
If that rumor is true.... I will print out this disbelieving post and eat it.

What a load of crap.