Plushenko: Zagitova was going to leave for me a year ago | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Plushenko: Zagitova was going to leave for me a year ago

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'd like to understand this, I thought Sasha skated her SP beautifully (the messed up landing on the 3A aside), obviously I'm not a judge, but I didn't see any of this "robotic" skating some complained about. It wasn't the greatest program ever skated in the history of the world, but it wasn't "subpar". In what way exactly was it "subpar"?

What PCS's should Sasha get according to you? She may not have the skating skills of Kamila, but she's hardly an "ugly, low level" skater, she's fast and mostly secure on her blade and does quite a few transitions.
Because the ladies need to be as feminine and flexible as possible.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plyushchenko is creating himself more and more enemies by the day, since he just cannot stop. More and more sportspersons are publicly taking sides, which means another front will open, and another ...

When he starts attacking judges, no amount of envelopes will help.

He should be glad there most likely will not be any international ISU events where he will directly incur the wrath of ISU officials by this kind of behaviour. Rostelecom Cup will be a big test already.
More and more? If the sports.ru site finds one, it publishes immediately..There were two?

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Because the ladies need to be as feminine and flexible as possible.
Heh maybe.

Of course I find all the ladies very flexible (I'll just be over here failing to touch my toes) I mean Sasha has a Beillmann! Also her cantilever is very bendy! I see skaters like Kamila and Daria as hyperflexible and don't really expect many skaters to be able to match them in that respect. Is flexibility accounted for in PCS though? I know it is for getting Level 4s in spin positions.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
As far as I know, Alina never released any message saying she was looking to change coaches to Plushy.

And if you're merely playing a little passive-agressive "tit for tat" game about a certain DM....
Plushy also previously betrayed her confidence when he made public that she sought his advice on quads.
And then brought forth the wrath of Eteri and poems about "betrayal", not to mention all kinds of insults from family proxies.
You are really funny..Who was the first who did a message public? Plushenko became a liar...So he has no right to defend himself if the truth in his hands...... really?

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
if judging system is unfair (ETA at least to some people), why someone who speaks up is "unethical, inappropriate, disrespectful, personal and utterly stupid".

to me, (you know who) posting students' DM, posting sh*t on social network to humiliate underage students is "unethical, inappropriate, disrespectful, personal and utterly stupid"
The thing Plushenko considers unethical is obviously that his skaters don't receive bonus because they are Plushenko skaters :devil:

Now seriously, what is unethical. That was one competition driven by the same rules for evaryone and the thigh whether one is 14 or 16 has no relevance. Or should there be a rule that would say that? That would truly make a competition unfair. Once again, coming from the assumption that Sasha at her 16 is somehow significantly more mature than Kamila is simply illusion, not only because of the age itself, but because of the actual performace. So no, scoring comes from the performance, not that 14 y.o., just just happens to be coached by a Plushy's rival, shouldn'tr receive a reducted components score just because she is 14 (actually because her coach is Eteri, which is what is the real "problem"). Transfering the competition to the media is always stupi and Plushenko made himself just looking silly, of course apart from the eyes of his worshippers or those who just can't stand his rival.

BTW, most of what people repeat as the words of "you know who" were actually never said, though many people like you repeat them ad nauseam.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
You are really funny..Who was the first who did a message public? Plushenko became a liar...So he has no right to defend himself is the truth in his hands...... really?
I'm funny how? Funny like I'm a clown? I'm here to amuse you?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I like how Eteri fans try to convice Plushenko was the first coach who complained about the unfair scoring.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
At least Plushenko has the guts to fight for the fair scoring and judging of his skaters and doesn't hide behind the cover and let other people do the trash talking.

I didn't hear the outcry when Sasha was being called "traitor", "betrayal", "ugly" by a coach from Sambo-70 team just for leaving Eteri's team.

I didn't hear the outcry for creating an almost exact same music cut for their very own skater. For what purpose? To spice up the drama? To embarrass Sasha and Plushenko? I'm afraid that they only managed to embarrass themselves.

I didn’t hear the outcry for Layshev's keeping bashing Sasha and then in a recent interview saying Sasha's win in 2nd cup should be credited to Eteri team, and of course, had she failed, it's all Plushenko's fault. Speaking of hypocrisy.

I didn't see that same people who always condemn the moral value of Plushenko criticize Eteri's behavior of publicizing private conversations without consents from all the parties, especially involved a minor. Let alone it is illegal.
Where were you when the outcries were happening?

lesnar001

Record Breaker
hmmm..you didn't answer my questions. This was a nice try.

1) My response was a paraphrase from a movie - it wasn't meant to duck your question.
2) You should know from my many posts yesterday on the topic what my view is. I shouldn't have to keep explaining the same thing over and over.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
At least Plushenko has the guts to fight for the fair scoring and judging of his skaters and doesn't hide behind the cover and let other people do the trash talking.

I didn't hear the outcry when Sasha was being called "traitor", "betrayal", "ugly" by a coach from Sambo-70 team just for leaving Eteri's team.

I didn't hear the outcry for creating an almost exact same music cut for their very own skater. For what purpose? To spice up the drama? To embarrass Sasha and Plushenko? I'm afraid that they only managed to embarrass themselves.

I didn’t hear the outcry for Layshev's keeping bashing Sasha and then in a recent interview saying Sasha's win in 2nd cup should be credited to Eteri team, and of course, had she failed, it's all Plushenko's fault. Speaking of hypocrisy.

I didn't see that same people who always condemn the moral value of Plushenko criticize Eteri's behavior of publicizing private conversations without consents from all the parties, especially involved a minor. Let alone it is illegal.

And yet, for Plushenko speaking out of unfair judging, all the sudden it is the worst sin.

If you insist to hold on to your own double standards that are far deviated from one to the other, then please at least admit it and own it.

Then you weren't paying attention. Don't worry, the outcry was there.

Amei

Record Breaker
Plushenko' mentioned Trusova and Ilyinikh tried to work together and decided it's not going well.
Plushenko continues as her personal coach with a help of others. AOP are looking for a new choreographer

So she left Tutbertize's team because of coaching disagreements, Rozanov initially choreographed both her routines this season and I think she credited him with helping her get her quads - by the start of test skates they don't work together, and now Ilinykh doesn't work with her anymore. She seems to be going through coaches right and left

NAOTMAA

Medalist
So she left Tutbertize's team because of coaching disagreements, Rozanov initially choreographed both her routines this season and I think she credited him with helping her get her quads - by the start of test skates they don't work together, and now Ilinykh doesn't work with her anymore. She seems to be going through coaches right and left
I wonder what Plushkenko really thinks of what's currently happening with Trusova. Maybe his attitude has changed but the vibe I get is he still wants to be more of a figure head who pops in every now and be Yoda while the real daily grind is done by others. Except Trusova not working out with Rozanov or Ilinykh forces him to be way more hands on then he intended.

Maybe in the end it will all work out but if it doesn't and she leaves she better watch out. He'll likely spill everything and chances are it will make Eteri look like she handles splits like she's Mother Theresa :popcorn:

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Eteri didn’t seem too upset when Trusova left. Maybe this is why. But I never knew she was such a diva. I am really hoping she and Alena do well with the coaching change. But am shocked that Trusova seems so high maintenance

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Eteri didn’t seem too upset when Trusova left. Maybe this is why. But I never knew she was such a diva. I am really hoping she and Alena do well with the coaching change. But am shocked that Trusova seems so high maintenance
I might be wrong but from what others have said I think a lot of it's more so her parents then Aleksandra herself. They apparently got major expectations and goals for their daughter from what I gather. And chances are a lot of times she's likely following her their lead so....:shrug:

She is after all still only 16

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I wonder what Plushkenko really thinks of what's currently happening with Trusova. Maybe his attitude has changed but the vibe I get is he still wants to be more of a figure head who pops in every now and be Yoda while the real daily grind is done by others. Except Trusova not working out with Rozanov or Ilinykh forces him to be way more hands on then he intended.

Maybe in the end it will all work out but if it doesn't and she leaves she better watch out. He'll likely spill everything and chances are it will make Eteri look like she handles splits like she's Mother Theresa :popcorn:
We don't know if is was Aleksandra herself or her parents that were pro or contra certain arrangements. Aleksandra after freeing herself from the oppressive atmosphere at Khrustalniy probably now feels empowered to push her own will and desires, and who is Plyushchenko to resist these from his prime acquisition and most valuable asset?

Rozanov is Kostornaya's personal trainer, so far she is in second rank, but any competition result superior to Trusova can change that. Given Plyushchenko's character as I see it, he will respect a fighter like Trusova more over an artist like Kostornaya.

Liudmilla Nikolayevna Alfyorova is both mother and trainer of the Zhilina sisters and has her own group.

Personally, I find Ilinykh's behaviour too sugary, touchy and 'too fussy'. Aleksandra sort of has a tomboy character I think, and perhaps doesn't even like to be touched and cuddled that way by a stranger?

Dropping the names of Zagitova and Tutberidze is a sure way of getting attention, not only from the yellow pages, but also from the mainstream press. Plyushchenko knows this and exploits this.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'd just like to say that I wouldn't blame any skater for wanting to train at Plushy's Rink. Eteri is great but Plushy is an international star with a huge reputation in the sport. It gives his skaters a ton of clout just being seen with him at any event.
You mean like Sima and Nastya T? His clout did them a lot of good ;) it's easy to have clout when your coaching the greatest jumper ever in Sasha and arguably the most beautiful skater ever in ladies figure skating Aliona. He's never taken anybody from youth to Greatness of course he will need years coaching to do that so let's see if he can. I am willing to give him the time he needs but he's already acting like he's something great as a coach . Maybe by the next Olympics if they take place we'll have a better understanding if he can actually coach and lead. Remember because you were great and plushy is an all-time great in figure skating but because you were a great athlete in your sport doesn't mean you're going to be a great coach or manager. Most of the time it does not work out. But he has to fantastic ready-made skaters from TT both of whom could win Olympic gold. Let's see what he does with them. But I'm already disappointed that Sasha and aliona have to be kept apart and they have to be coached by different coaches. SMH.

As for his constant chatter there's no need for it. If Plushenko keeps criticizing other skaters scores he will be more disliked than he already is. No coach in figure skating does this in figure skating it's absolutely taboo. Anyone ever hear EG degrading other skaters and their scores? I didn't think so. He needs to stop this now. You should learn from and be more like his mentor the profesrespectful.lany criticisms I have of Evgeni takes nothing away from how great he was as a skater.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
We don't know if is was Aleksandra herself or her parents that were pro or contra certain arrangements. Aleksandra after freeing herself from the oppressive atmosphere at Khrustalniy probably now feels empowered to push her own will and desires, and who is Plyushchenko to resist these from his prime acquisition and most valuable asset?

Rozanov is Kostornaya's personal trainer, so far she is in second rank, but any competition result superior to Trusova can change that. Given Plyushchenko's character as I see it, he will respect a fighter like Trusova more over an artist like Kostornaya.

Liudmilla Nikolayevna Alfyorova is both mother and trainer of the Zhilina sisters and has her own group.

Personally, I find Ilinykh's behaviour too sugary, touchy and 'too fussy'. Aleksandra sort of has a tomboy character I think, and perhaps doesn't even like to be touched and cuddled that way by a stranger?

Dropping the names of Zagitova and Tutberidze is a sure way of getting attention, not only from the yellow pages, but also from the mainstream press. Plyushchenko knows this and exploits this.
What you say about Evgeni is true and why would alina want to deal with this? I don't blame her for not going to PA. She made the right decision. They need her she does not need them. I am sure Sasha and aliona will not like their fearless leader degrading other skaters who they trained with for years and their scores. When you come from TT you never say anything about other skaters negatively and you never misbehave. I think that's what we appreciate about all these girls no matter who their coach by. The same goes for all Russian figure skaters. They are very classy and quiet and respectful.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Russian Sports doesn't have enough problems with the p e d scandals that don't seem to ever go away that plushenko has to talk about scores for KV being arranged AKA rigged? It's too stupid to believe that he would spit and I was going to use another word on his own sport and young compatriot like that. again plushenko received higher scores than he deserved probably dozens of time at his career and yeah he's already squawking about scores from a girl who is a huge threat to the two great TT skaters he inherited from EG? The Federation needs to tell him to be quiet. you never hear anything from other Russian coaches publicly shaming the scores of other coaches skaters and we know EG has had several girls with massive scores in the last 10 years and I never remember hearing a peep out of any of the other Russian coaches complaining about it and Plushenko is already doing it.

Hopefully things will settle down. But if Sasha or aliona don't win rusnats and Anna three-peats as I expect her to or KV skates clean and puts up the highest scores we will only hear about complaining from one person. I hope I'm wrong but that's what I expect. And I also expect the national championship pressure to be massive on Sasha and Alena.