Polina Kostiukovich & Aleksei Briukhanov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Polina Kostiukovich & Aleksei Briukhanov

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
This happened a while ago but they moved to Moscow with Mozer. Apparently the reason is that Polina is in a relationship with Valeri Angelopol and wants to live closer to him. But Ludmilla Velikova said they already had a program before they left, along with two for Akhanteva/Kolesov. Well, what is there to say besides good luck! Mozer is quite different from the Velikovs, whom Polina has been with for a long while. https://www.instagram.com/p/COtsHgDpvqT/

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Colour me surprised! Not about the Moscow move - from watching their competitions I somehow thought Angelopol had a thing for Kaganovskaya 😅

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I'm still very mad at RusFed for putting 3 of their 4 top pairs at one JGP because now AK and Polexei have a lower. though still possible chance at the JGPF. And some people are being rather harsh on them after this performance: on Lesha for the hug and the drop, and on Polina for growing up and struggling with it. I'm very happy for them and hope that JGP Linz will go even better

hanca

Record Breaker
I'm still very mad at RusFed for putting 3 of their 4 top pairs at one JGP because now AK and Polexei have a lower. though still possible chance at the JGPF. And some people are being rather harsh on them after this performance: on Lesha for the hug and the drop, and on Polina for growing up and struggling with it. I'm very happy for them and hope that JGP Linz will go even better

Well, Kostiukovich/Briukhanov have nothing to complain about. They were very lucky that Akhanteva/Kolesov had such a bad day, at least K/B still got a medal. I guess the federation is thinking that if you are one of the top Russian pairs, you should always deliver or move over and gives space to others. There is a few new junior pairs, so sadly anyone is replaceable.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Not as good result as they probably expected and wanted. But still a medal:

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Poleksei will make their senior debut at the stage 3 of the Russian cup in Sochi :) there are only a few spots left at the senior nationals, so they will have to skate as well as they are capable of

hanca

Record Breaker

So they will not be in the JGP anymore, but I believe that they deserved at least one more final goodbye :( and with the failure to qualify injust exclusion from JGPF, they also need to try to and fight for a spot in senior nationals through the Russian cup, which will not be easy.
What do you mean by injust exclusion? Correct me if I am wrong, but there were 4 Russian teams who placed better and one Georgian team who also placed better (both placement-wise and had better total scores). So what exact is unfair? The only thing that is annoying is that the ISU reduced the number of junior pairs to qualify to JGPF this year. Every year it was six pairs and suddenly it is just four, but if it has to be four this year, there is nothing unfair about Kostiukovich/Briukhanov not qualifying this year. Their skating should have been much better. They are moving to seniors next year, and skating like this won’t be enough. If they don’t improve, they will just disappear among the number of senior pairs.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Update: according to my calculations, there will only be 1 open spot at the senior nationals. Polina and Aleksei will compete for waitlist spots or hope for withdrawals (most likely from PM or CY)

Boikova/Kozlovskii
Mishina/Galliamov
Tarasova/Morozov
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Kadyrova/Balchenko
Artemeva/Nazarychev
Pepeleva/Pleshkov

Chikmareva/Ianchenkov
Mukhortova/Evgeniev
Khabibullina/Knyazhuk
Petushkova/Malikov

Akopova/Rakhmanin
Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov
Akhanteva/Kolesov
Kostiukovich/Briukhanov
Solovieva/Ivanov????
Who knows who else is trying to qualify

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Kostyukovich/Bryukhanov to the judges: "Give us the PCS!!! No? We don't care! Or do we?..."

AmdSbHK.gif

Last edited: