Practice | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Practice

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If anyone wants to rewatch or watch a part they missed Peacock says the replay will be available soon. If so that is an improvement over US Nationals practice cam which had no replay and one could not rewind it.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kind of an odd choice for such a lovely young lady, though, wouldn’t you say? I’m curious who might have selected this for her to skate to—and why

I agree with you. I am not much of a Queen fan to begin with, and although they may make the rockin' world go round, the skating world, not so much.🤷‍♀️ My guess is that the Japanese coaches and choreo may just not understand the full import of the lyrics.

Then again, I am not all that fond of a techno remix of funeral music. Just an old fuddy duddy.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The one who was looking better was Ksenia. Her expression was calmer, seemed to connect with the music, and was confident on her jumping passes.
Good! I was a bit worried about her after test skates. I really want her to do well here. I loose her skating and programs this year.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
What I noticed with her, the entire practice, she NEVER stopped skating for a minute. She is such a hard worker. Loved her program.
I got to see Satoko once or twice some years ago at the U.S. Classic in Salt Lake City. She was wearing a different hair style one time and I did not recognize her at first but I was drawn to her because she was the hardest worker on the ice during the practice and reminded me of the Energizer Bunny. And, as I recall, she kept skating until the end of every practice and was the last one to leave the ice. Her work ethic is amazing :cheer2: :clap: :rock: .

readernick

Medalist
I agree with you. I am not much of a Queen fan to begin with, and although they may make the rockin' world go round, the skating world, not so much.🤷‍♀️ My guess is that the Japanese coaches and choreo may just not understand the full import of the lyrics.

Then again, I am not all that fond of a techno remix of funeral music. Just an old fuddy duddy.
I think it sounds like something Yuhana would do. She has the most amazing sense of humor. She skated to Carmen and made it comedy. She had a FS to Looney Tunes and it had cartoon fight sounds in it. I love this women. So unique!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got to see Satoko once or twice some years ago at the U.S. Classic in Salt Lake City. She was wearing a different hair style one time and I did not recognize her at first but I was drawn to her because she was the hardest worker on the ice during the practice and reminded me of the Energizer Bunny. And, as I recall, she kept skating until the end of every practice and was the last one to leave the ice. Her work ethic is amazing :cheer2: :clap: :rock: .
Totally agree. I first saw her in Milwaukee at Sk Amer 2015. She took the bronze there. I was very impressed there too!