Problems with Edea Ice Fly | Golden Skate

Problems with Edea Ice Fly

sydneyonice1

Spectator
Hi everyone! I’m posting this to hopefully reach out to other skaters and see if anyone else has had this problem
I’ve had Edea ice flies for 2-3 months, and they were absolutely PERFECT and so comfy at first! Lately my feet have gotten numb in my skates to the point where it’s painful and affecting my skating. 30 minutes into my session I can’t even feel my feet. I tie them according to the Edea guide, and I also tie them pretty loose to try and avoid the pain. Nothing has worked!
If anyone else has had this problem, what should I do? I don’t know if I need to get them punched out or get insoles, or something else. I’m getting my blades sharpened soon so I’ll bring it up with my skate tech, but I’d appreciate anyone’s guidance in the meantime!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone! I’m posting this to hopefully reach out to other skaters and see if anyone else has had this problem
I’ve had Edea ice flies for 2-3 months, and they were absolutely PERFECT and so comfy at first! Lately my feet have gotten numb in my skates to the point where it’s painful and affecting my skating. 30 minutes into my session I can’t even feel my feet. I tie them according to the Edea guide, and I also tie them pretty loose to try and avoid the pain. Nothing has worked!
If anyone else has had this problem, what should I do? I don’t know if I need to get them punched out or get insoles, or something else. I’m getting my blades sharpened soon so I’ll bring it up with my skate tech, but I’d appreciate anyone’s guidance in the meantime!
@gliese

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This happened to me recently. I'm not sure how old you are but if you're young, your feet probably changed shape.

If you can't afford to replace with a different brand, I'd punch them out. From there, once you have enough room in the skate, start tying them tighter so your foot doesn't accidentally move. If your heel starts coming up, get your tech to insert some padding near the achilles to keep it from doing that.

An insert won't fix numbness but if you're also having arch pain it's worth a try. Personally it didn't help me in any of my boots (no matter the brand) but I know it works wonders for many.

Next time you get new skates, you need a different brand.

sydneyonice1

Spectator
This happened to me recently. I'm not sure how old you are but if you're young, your feet probably changed shape.

If you can't afford to replace with a different brand, I'd punch them out. From there, once you have enough room in the skate, start tying them tighter so your foot doesn't accidentally move. If your heel starts coming up, get your tech to insert some padding near the achilles to keep it from doing that.

An insert won't fix numbness but if you're also having arch pain it's worth a try. Personally it didn't help me in any of my boots (no matter the brand) but I know it works wonders for many.

Next time you get new skates, you need a different brand.
Thank you! I have to keep these skates for a while so hopefully punching them out works!