Project Runway Season 13 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Project Runway Season 13

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I guess it's a matter of personal taste. I still disagree and felt the same way about Sean's clothes as not something the average woman would look good in.

louisa05

Final Flight
I guess it's a matter of personal taste. I still disagree and felt the same way about Sean's clothes as not something the average woman would look good in.

If it were "Project Ready-to-Wear", then the win goes to Char. She may find a niche designing for a retail outlet.

It is not "Project Ready-to-Wear". When Nina says "editorial", she does not mean "Something Show 42 would wear".

Amanda's problem is the bad proportions mean the clothes are not retail ready, yet she is not making anything high fashion or editorial, either.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Dee asked the question whether or not we agreed with the judges. I simply stated that I did not. Didn't intend to start a debate on ready wear verses editorial. I know the difference. I understand why they chose Sean. I didn't agree. And, this is a good example why I seldom post here anymore. I won't make that mistake again.42

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dee asked the question whether or not we agreed with the judges. I simply stated that I did not. Didn't intend to start a debate on ready wear verses editorial. I know the difference. I understand why they chose Sean. I didn't agree. And, this is a good example why I seldom post here anymore. I won't make that mistake again.42

Show, I always appreciate your opinion so please don't stop posting. I agree a lot with what you said.

I was Ok with Sean or Kini winning. I was very surprised with it being between Sean & Amanda.

This is the only look I liked from Amanda's collection.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-13/rate-the-runway/episode-14#id=7

As I was watching Sean's collection, I thought another fringe piece?? I am surprised at the judges. I you took away the fringe you would have just a nice dress....like Char....like Kini so what does it all mean???

Tim & the judges said ...this is the most talented group that has been on PR. So what did that mean???

heyang

Record Breaker
I disagree about this being the most talented group. I'd give that award to the Christian Soriano/Chris March/Jillian season.

Of Sean's pieces, I liked the orange dress that he did a the last moment the best of his. I thought his orange fringe dress was too much like the one he made in blue for Heidi.

Kini did a great job at revamping his collection. He does need a mentor to help him edit, but it's fortunate that he listens to the advise of others. Overall, he should be pleased because he had a mental block.

I didnt think Amanda should've been part of final 2, but I think the judges liked that she had a point of view/look. She was pretty consistent throughout the season about what her look is and she stuck to it. During her 1st season, she didn't have her point of view established and strayed from it.

CHar is definitely more ready to wear vs editorial runway. I think I understand why Tim saved her - I think that he felt she really needed the save because he felt she had more to offer. Her look became more defined as the weeks continued. Was I interested in seeing her look? Not neccessarily, but Tim seemed to want to give her the opportunity.

I too would've liked to see Fade's runway collection.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I expected either Kini or Sean to win so wasn't disappointed with the results. Being 79 when I watch shows like Project Runway I have to cast my mind back to what I would prefer if I were 25 again with plenty of money to spend. My favorite dress shown on the Runway was in fact designed by Sean. The 2nd to last orange satin (not the fringe one). I loved the draping. I did like a couple of Char's, nothing of Amanda's (too dreary for my taste), &nd overall, Kini's remade designs were my favorite collection.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I bizarre to hear the judges claim it was the best show yet and then hear them say that each collection had pieces they didn't like. It was a nice interesting show but far from the best and it's hard to believe the judges or Tim really believe that.

To me Sean was the winner - he had the most originality and he combined it with sophistication. Personally I'm obsessed with his fringe dresses though for sure, it'd be interesting to see him try a collection without it! And I enjoyed the subtle way he told the Cesar story. He was the only one who had "wow" moments.

I can kind of see why the judges put Amanda in second place - Kini had some pieces that in my mind are far superior to anything Amanda did but I see the judges point that innovation didn't really shine through. I wouldn't say Amanda has innovation either but she does have a distinct point of view. But I agree with merrywidow about the dreariness. I've always thought that about her color choices. Kini's was a bit dreary too though.

Char might have done better if she had tried harder to come up with a cohesive theme. That might have given her some direction and might have brought out more creativity. She had that beautiful fabric from Italy and she made just two pieces with it and both were just nice. I thought for sure she would use that fabric as inspiration but she didn't. Oh well.

I hope next season's designers are a bit more exciting.