Psyching out competitors? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Psyching out competitors?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Excidra2001 said:
Lately every Kwan thread has turned out to be a yawner.:scratch: Her fans really need to realize that there are people out there who simply do not like Michelle, her skating and etc, posting back and fourth to argue with them is not going to change the fact. Pack it up and move on.Its geting to the point where I ask my self, why bother, in reference to posting under a Kwan therad, its going to turn out to be a joke anyway.Is GS forum becaming Kwan-centric? Too many Kwan threads going on at the same time.
Then why bother? :frown2: Why make your own contribution to the thread?
If you want to talk about Irina you can always go ahead open your own thread see if anyone not interested care enough to barge in. :rolleye:

This thread is not just about Kwan, it's about Cohen as well. Last I know this is an NA board and posted by most of NA posters, what's wrong when ppl talking about two top level NA femal skaters?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Excidra2001 said:
Lately every Kwan thread has turned out to be a yawner.:scratch: Her fans really need to realize that there are people out there who simply do not like Michelle, her skating and etc, posting back and fourth to argue with them is not going to change the fact. Pack it up and move on.Its geting to the point where I ask my self, why bother, in reference to posting under a Kwan therad, its going to turn out to be a joke anyway.Is GS forum becaming Kwan-centric? Too many Kwan threads going on at the same time.

Which GS are you reading? Under the current threads in "The Edge" (first page) there are:
*Kwan -1
*Kwan/Jenny-1
*Kwan/Sasha-1
*Sasha-2
*Kurt-1
*Tarasova-1
*Silverstien-1
*Siverstien/O'Meara-1
If you don't like her than why bother to read her threads? You closet Kwanies just can't stay away, can you:biggrin: ? Seriousy we realize there are those who don't like her, her skating and etc. Being an optimist I believe there's hope for everyone though so sneak a peak anytime. When you are ready to embrace your Kwanside, you will be welcomed by friends.:p

R.D.

Record Breaker
Excidra2001 said:

Simply not a mystery to anyone...

Excidra2001

On the Ice
mzheng said:
Then why bother? :frown2: Why make your own contribution to the thread?
If you want to talk about Irina you can always go ahead open your own thread see if anyone not interested care enough to barge in. :rolleye:

Simply because Kwan is part of the skating world and I want to know whats going on with athletes without having to deal fanatics who constantly stick up for her by filling up a thread with junk, simply put. When thread(s) generates such interest, its human nature to wonder why a particular something, in this case a particular thread generated such interest, thus having to read through posts to get an understand of that particular thread.
Regarding Irina,there you go again, generalising and you don't even know it.
How do you know that I want to talk about Irina? You tend to say certain things without thinking through first, what else is new.

This thread is not just about Kwan, it's about Cohen as well. Last I know this is an NA board and posted by most of NA posters, what's wrong when ppl talking about two top level NA femal skaters?

oh puh-lease. Are majority of these posters arguing about Cohen? I thought so. There is big difference between talking and arguing. There is certainly nothing wrong with people talking about any NA skater, but when the conversation becames repetitive and people are agruing over simply nothing, it gets kind of annoying.

Side Note: Mother theresa(an important figure) passed away and the world still turned.Kwan and Cohen are injured, the skating world will turn. Contrary to popular believe, Kwan nor Cohen can make or a break a competition.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Contrary to popular believe, Kwan nor Cohen can make or a break a competition

Lots of folks have mentioned how empty the competitions are without Cohen and Kwan, especially since their rivaly is something that lots of U.S. fans at least are interested in. Sorry that you are not a fan of artistic skating. I love that about Kwan but can understan it's not for everyone. OTOH I don't understand what people enjoy about Slutskaya jump, jump, struggle into a Bielman.. and repeat..............and repeat again. To me THAT is boring.

And when Irina retires the skating world will go on.

Excidra2001 said:
How do you know that I want to talk about Irina?
Excidra, you're cool, but you're kidding, right? How do we know you like to talk about Irina? Well, for one thing there's your signature... Or we might have stopped by your Irina board... :)

Anyway, about Michelle and her fans -- Don't get mad, get even. When Irina wins in Torino you'll have the last laugh.

MM

soogar

Record Breaker
fscric said:
Now I am curious to know if you would hold the same opinion were it Michelle instead of Irina attending the World under that condition.

What opinion are you talking about?

Excidra2001

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Excidra, you're cool, but you're kidding, right? How do we know you like to talk about Irina? Well, for one thing there's your signature... Or we might have stopped by your Irina board... :)

Anyway, about Michelle and her fans -- Don't get mad, get even. When Irina wins in Torino you'll have the last laugh.

MM

MM, your cool too,but I have a Irina board? I like Irina's skating, but would I talk about her every chance I get, most likely not. She is just one of many skaters who I really like and if others do not see what I like in her skating, tough.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
mzheng said:
And may be doesn't want to be blamed for TV rating dropping, if this happened.

Well, a lot of people have blamed Michelle's failure to do the GP for the ratings drop -- even though the ratings were poor for Worlds (on ESPN) and for Marshall's (shortly thereafter on ABC) and Michelle was at both of those events.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Excidra2001 said:
MM, your cool too,but I have a Irina board? I like Irina's skating, but would I talk about her every chance I get, most likely not. She is just one of many skaters who I really like and if others do not see what I like in her skating, tough.
So what you are not better or above any other fans (skater perticula fans or general skating fans). IIRC one or couple season ago when Irina was out of sick, did you (or another urber IS fan) pitch in every chance to talk about Irina and made little dig towards Kwan?

oh puh-lease, give me a break. Now you start lectureing 'Kwaniacs"? :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

mzheng

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
Well, a lot of people have blamed Michelle's failure to do the GP for the ratings drop -- even though the ratings were poor for Worlds (on ESPN) and for Marshall's (shortly thereafter on ABC) and Michelle was at both of those events.
By now not any critisises towards Kwan would supprised to me. Every thing is her fault....I'd be surprised if she was not blamed for if anything going wrong. :eek:hwell:

R.D.

Record Breaker
There are many other factors, I believe, besides (the lack of) Kwan that contributed to lower ratings.

So now it's Irina fan vs. Kwan fan(s)? This will never end, will it?

The Kwan defenders are in full swing right now.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
She is just one of many skaters who I really like and if others do not see what I like in her skating, tough.

That's the attitude to take! :cool: :clap:

In other words, Who cares? "I like my skater, you like yours. I won't try to make you like mine and I hope you do the same towards me."

Last edited:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
The Kwan defenders are in full swing right now.
Yet, see how many obssessed Kwan related threads have been started by Kwaniac here in first pages? Actually non.

R.D.

Record Breaker
mzheng said:
Yet, see how many obssessed Kwan related threads have been started by Kwaniac here in first pages? Actually non.

It's not the threads themselves, it's the attitudes and postings IN the threads. But I digress.

A poster said earlier that he/she thought this season was going to be a yawner. Now, I hate to be pessimistic but I'm starting to agree. Maybe Irina, Shiz, and others can make this season interesting (if they stay healthy), as it very well could be if the American contenders aren't there. Then, we'll be in for even MORE surprises come the Olys.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
It's not the threads themselves, it's the attitudes and postings IN the threads. But I digress.

To be honest with you, RD, IMO, your responses in those threads caused more trafic than any other poster's. :biggrin:

And I'm not too yawn yet with Cohen and Kwan out. I'm still holding my breath for the next bigest star whose skating style I love.

Last edited by a moderator:

millie

Medalist
mzheng said:
By now not any critisises towards Kwan would supprised to me. Every thing is her fault....I'd be surprised if she was not blamed for if anything going wrong. :eek:hwell:

mzheng, someone highjacked the "search", that I usually use, on my computer(Darn highjackers).(true). You may be right, come to think of it, I might as well blame Michelle and I though she was injured.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
millie said:
mzheng, someone highjacked the "search", that I usually use, on my computer(Darn highjackers).(true). You may be right, come to think of it, I might as well blame Michelle and I though she was injured.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:rofl:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
WVU's footbal game with Southern Florida has been postponed until 12/3 because of Hurricand Wilma...but we all know who's REALLY behind it.......NOT funny Michelle! Screw with Sp$$dy and the ISU all you want but leave my Mountaneers alone.:p

Bijoux

Match Penalty
that crafty woman!

I heard that she sent a sexy tape to the Red Sox before the 12-2 game they lost to the White Sox. (men are SO simple!) And then there was THAT TIME she shredded Irena's costume, and Irina wore it anyway, thinking it was a good luck gift from the Pasha. :laugh: ;)