Rabobank Challenge Cup | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Rabobank Challenge Cup

Country
Norway
Scores were finally up, after the ladies competition was finished. I felt Loena did well when I watched - and according to the judges she did. She is in first place. Emmy Ma is in second, Maé-Bérénice is in third. The first six have all managed to get their Minimum TES for the short (if that was necessary). To my joy as a Dutchie, Lindsay van Zundert now has the minimum TES points for the short. She is currently in fourth place.

Maia Sørensen from Denmark in the 7th place only missed it with by 0,18 points (28.82) :( What a pity, I don´t think Denmark have any qualified for Worlds now. Pernille Sørensen is not skating this season. I hope Maia applied for the video evaluation as well.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Andrea trains at Raf's rink in California, I believe. But it may be more difficult to enter the EU from the USA than Mexico, I don't know. For me, the more important question is financial support. I don't know how much Andrea funds her own skating. But if the Mexican fed, or whoever, can get Andrea to the Netherlands, surely they can get Donovan:pray:
They usually travel to the same international competitions together, so, if Andrea is there, I'm pretty sure Donovan is too.

MaHa75

On the Ice
Quite high point to all. Most of the girls who earned the worlds minium didnt even had triple triple combination. But higer marks was needed to local girl i suppose. 😋 Unfortunately the stream did not show replays...for me there was lot of questions with underrotations. Strange organisation...scores and point given un normaly late.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Quite high point to all. Most of the girls who earned the worlds minium didnt even had triple triple combination. But higer marks was needed to local girl i suppose. 😋 Unfortunately the stream did not show replays...for me there was lot of questions with underrotations. Strange organisation...scores and point given un normaly late.
Local girl actually didn't skate a triple-triple because she wanted to be sure to skate cleanly and get those minimums! I've seen her do a 3-3 and then falling on the individual jump, in an SP earlier in the season. Guess she wanted to prevent that from happening (and she confirmed this in an interview).

There was some technical difficulty during the ladies SP, which made the KnC really uncomfortable for all skaters. And I think it must be terribly frustrating to wait for almost the whole afternoon to get your score! At least, in this case it wasn't for nothing.

MaHa75

On the Ice
Unbelivable...the same problems like yesterday.. they even stopped the first group perfomances and let the last three to make warm up on ice once again 🙄...and this is ISU competition ???

katymay

Medalist
Unbelivable...the same problems like yesterday.. they even stopped the first group perfomances and let the last three to make warm up on ice once again 🙄...and this is ISU competition ???
I thought maybe those 3 WD after not getting the tech min. from short program? But if not...I'll wait. lol. (And thank you for the stream LadyB)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Maia Sørensen from Denmark in the 7th place only missed it with by 0,18 points (28.82) :( What a pity, I don´t think Denmark have any qualified for Worlds now. Pernille Sørensen is not skating this season. I hope Maia applied for the video evaluation as well.
yes, it's sad if we have only Finland and Sweden representing the Nordic countries at worlds in a Nordic country... well the the 'Danish' dancers went to Canada and Sondre... is there still hope?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
that decides I'm not paying.. Russian cup men is at the same time as challenge on Saturday
Another way of watching for free is on Russian platform VK:

thanks a lot! hope this works for Saturday and Sunday also. I really want to watch men and pairs

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I can't believe they are running both mens event from Russia and Challenge simultaneously :drama: Formula 1 and MotoGP for example they make sure to differenciate the race time, if they occur in the same day, even though they are governed by two separate organizations. :palmf:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I can't believe they are running both mens event from Russia and Challenge simultaneously :drama: Formula 1 and MotoGP for example they make sure to differenciate the race time, if they occur in the same day, even though they are governed by two separate organizations. :palmf:
Well, I reckon Russia caters first and foremost for their own (Team Russia) fans. They have an interest in Kolyada, T/M and Kvitelashvili, beyond that the Russian Cup is more important/exciting. I hope I can juggle it to see the three above (and I'd love to see the internatioal Mozer Teams), but I happily admit that the Russian Cup is more important to me. So, hopefully, everyone gets what they want. 🤞

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

that is a shame. I have little to no interest in the Russian Cup, so it doesn’t affect me, but it’s not good for those who do.

and Donovan replayed a “Very proud Good luck at Challenge Cup” message from his rink in his IG stories, so more confirmation :party2:

MGstyle

Medalist
and Donovan replayed a “Very proud Good luck at Challenge Cup” message from his rink in his IG stories, so more confirmation :party2:
:rock::yahoo::rock: OMG thanks for the heads-up, that one somehow escaped me!!! (I often have hard time keeping up with those "stories" :palmf:)
Oh I am so thrilled :jump:🥳:dance3:
Yeah I am one of those whose interests are all over the place - I have to closely monitor the starting order and pray the boys of my interests won't be skating at the same time - oh well, I guess I just have to remember there are worse stresses in life 🤪

MGstyle

Medalist
Well, I reckon Russia caters first and foremost for their own (Team Russia) fans. They have an interest in Kolyada, T/M and Kvitelashvili, beyond that the Russian Cup is more important/exciting. I hope I can juggle it to see the three above (and I'd love to see the internatioal Mozer Teams), but I happily admit that the Russian Cup is more important to me. So, hopefully, everyone gets what they want. 🤞
Yes, every country has their own nationalistic priorities and Russia is no exception. I am anxiously waiting for the starting order (is it out yet? if so someone please point me to it) and study closely, and figure out how I handle this situation in the next two days o_O