Random Confessions | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm pretty much done with people after this week. So much drama and hate being spewed at someone I consider a friend - and his family's getting hit with it too - all because a board of directors for a race/sport we all love couldn't get their act together. I'm so over people. I just wanna be a hermit! :mad:

mrrice

Record Breaker
This isn't a confession, it's a question for Canadians. Can you move to Montreal if you don't speak French? I have been to Western Canada and as far east as Toronto and never had to speak French, and most cases, read French. However, when we hit Montreal and Quebec......I was lost and without an interpreter, I think it would have been frightening to be there on my own. Can a US citizen move to Montreal without knowing French?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This isn't a confession, it's a question for Canadians. Can you move to Montreal if you don't speak French? I have been to Western Canada and as far east as Toronto and never had to speak French, and most cases, read French. However, when we hit Montreal and Quebec......I was lost and without an interpreter, I think it would have been frightening to be there on my own. Can a US citizen move to Montreal without knowing French?

yes... but depends if you need to work and in what field... montreal is officially now more English than French to get a job, it would be tricky without any French.

Quebec has changed drastically in the last 15-20 years. It's much more multicultural and most of the younger generation is bilingual.

mrrice

Record Breaker
yes... but depends if you need to work and in what field... montreal is officially now more English than French to get a job, it would be tricky without any French.

Quebec has changed drastically in the last 15-20 years. It's much more multicultural and most of the younger generation is bilingual.

Fortunately, I don't need to work. I began working at 15 and I'm now 51 and I have some savings. I'm very much into the Arts and I think Montreal might be a good fit for me. I have been to Quebec and I'd like to know the difference between Montreal and Quebec when it comes to American's moving to a new Country.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Sundowning is the hardest part of Alzheimer's. Trying to figure out the triggers, trying to get actual sleep without worrying that they're going to harm themself or the house or you... oy.

Thankfully Gpa moves into an assisted living home on Wednesday (if all goes well). It's not where I think he'd do the best at, but the place I feel he truly needs to be has a 2 year waiting list so we have to have this one in the meantime. Hopefully dad keeps gpa on the list for the other place.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Fortunately, I don't need to work. I began working at 15 and I'm now 51 and I have some savings. I'm very much into the Arts and I think Montreal might be a good fit for me. I have been to Quebec and I'd like to know the difference between Montreal and Quebec when it comes to American's moving to a new Country.

Well in my post i referred to Quebec in general (the province)... but the only city really for you would be Montreal... Quebec city is much more French... but again, if you don't need to work... you would be fine... gosh i would love to retire at 51 LOL

Quebec city is tiny... a few hundred thousand people... it's very pretty but it's a bit secluded... i wouldn't recommend living there permanently for an American. A lot of Americans though are buying property there because they love the European cachet of the town...

Montreal is much bigger with the greater montreal being around 4 million people... so you can see that there is a lot to do and to see.. it's place to all the summer festivals and happenings... it's a wonderful place to live for open minded people who want to live freely ;)

Perhaps you should plan an extended visit in montreal.... we are getting skate canada (laval across the bridge) next year and worlds the year after... so you could perhaps combine skating and a few more weeks of living, trying to be a local ;)

I know you are from California... i have also lived on the west coast.... weather sucks in montreal.. it's very cold in the winter and it's way too hot and humid in the summer... extremes... i was used to milder oceanic climate and i hate it here... so if you are a very outdoorsy person, it's not fun... culture is indeed wonderful. Fine dining is great... I am not sure how easy it is to immigrate but perhaps if you tell them you love Patrick Chan it may help ;) The Province of Quebec privileges francophones but if you don't need to work you may fit in another category... or you could simply immigrate to Canada in general, like Ottawa, and once there just move to Quebec LOL... I don't think that immigrants have to stay into their home province forever. I am Canadian and I had to go through a lot of paper work when I changed provinces, for healthcare and what not... you should properly get an immigration attorney to save some time and worries.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
My first patient of the day no -showed so rather than doing any of the 100 productive things I could be doing I'm playing around on goldenskate...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My first patient of the day no -showed so rather than doing any of the 100 productive things I could be doing I'm playing around on goldenskate...

I'm right there with you. I am having a rough start productivity wise. But oh so fun to chat with you all!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Another random confession: sometimes when I see some usernames next to threads for most recent reply I click on it just to see how much I disagree

I have a feeling that a particular member does that with me. I have a great admiration for this member's knowledge of everything to do with the sport, but we have such differing opinions on a lot of things. And whenever I post something, I always dread them seeing it. Because, more often than not they will disagree with something said in it, and we will end up having an argument. And I really don't like having arguments.

And I also have a feeling that another member who I really like and respect, and who I enjoy having a bit of banter with, may have blocked me over something I posted on an impulse a few weeks ago. I thought it would be funny, but it actually backfired big time and I have regretted posting it ever since.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i have nightmares...often.. this week though is worse... and no.. it's not halloween related LOL.. I didn't have sugar nor watched scary movies LOL... but it's been crazy.... so much that just now... I woke up after a series of bad dreams, my heart racing... I went to check if all the doors were locked though I live in a very secure place...and then i noticed it was the same time as when I went to bed....

yay for day light saving... i can start my night again... at the same time....and hopefully, I won't have more of these crazy dreams......

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I ate popcorn and watched live figure skating yesterday. I also came across Carol Lane. That's got to be like a trinity of evil Canadian skating things, or something. :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Some Sundays I just don't want to get out of bed... but I run the soundboard at church and so I can't. ugh.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I ate popcorn and watched live figure skating yesterday. I also came across Carol Lane. That's got to be like a trinity of evil Canadian skating things, or something. :biggrin:

if you came across Carol Lane at the bathroom, then yeah.... :devil: