Reviews of newer risport models | Golden Skate

Reviews of newer risport models

Fandango

Spectator
Hi All

My daughter (16y, tall, powefull, muscular skater (so heavy for a skater but slim), doubles, attempt 2A) has always been skating Risport as the only brand fitting her feet. She has tried Edea, Jackson, Graff, Riedel now and then over the years.
She is now in RF3pro (265C) but find them a little too soft. She used to skate RF2 but as you know that is discontinued.

She has tried Royal pro and latest Royal Elite with little succes and especially the Royal Elite is a bad fit, as well as they (Elites) also seems to wear _very_ quickly in the ankle area and lace eyes.

Three questions:

- What are your experiences with the newer Risport models (stiffness 65+)?
- Have you/your vendor been able to get deliveries (and responses) from Risport lately (2022)?
- Because of lack of delivery from Risport it has not been possible to try out the Royal Prime ... what are experiences with Royal Prime? and have you got any comments/observations comparing Royal Prime to Royal Elite and Royal Prime to RF2?

(and a fourth bonus question: what to do when the (only) boots /series you fit is discontinued?)

Thank you

jalexandroff

Spectator
Hi All

My daughter (16y, tall, poweful, muscular skater (so heavy for a skater but slim), doubles, attempt 2A) has always been skating Risport as the only brand fitting her feet. She has tried Edea, Jackson, Graff, Riedel now and then over the years.
She is now in RF3pro (265C) but find them a little too soft. She used to skate RF2 but as you know that is discontinued.

She has tried Royal pro and latest Royal Elite with little success and especially the Royal Elite is a bad fit, as well as they (Elites) also seems to wear _very_ quickly in the ankle area and lace eyes.
Has she tried just going up to the RF1? The Royal Prime is probably going to be very similar to the other royal line boots with that banana shape/looser top.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi All

My daughter (16y, tall, powefull, muscular skater (so heavy for a skater but slim), doubles, attempt 2A) has always been skating Risport as the only brand fitting her feet. She has tried Edea, Jackson, Graff, Riedel now and then over the years.

She has tried Royal pro and latest Royal Elite with little succes and especially the Royal Elite is a bad fit, as well as they (Elites) also seems to wear _very_ quickly in the ankle area and lace eyes.

Three questions:

- What are your experiences with the newer Risport models (stiffness 65+)?
- Have you/your vendor been able to get deliveries (and responses) from Risport lately (2022)?
- Because of lack of delivery from Risport it has not been possible to try out the Royal Prime ... what are experiences with Royal Prime? and have you got any comments/observations comparing Royal Prime to Royal Elite and Royal Prime to RF2?

(and a fourth bonus question: what to do when the (only) boots /series you fit is discontinued?)

Thank you
I wear Royal Prime and have for years and whatever it was before that (the name is escaping me right now) and no issues with them ever. No issues with working with Risport, getting help from them etc. It sounds like your daughter needs the synthetic/crossover type boots(kind of like Edea but not), from Risport. My advice would be to have her try the RF1's. If not you may have to look into customs. I don't understand why if her foot works with Risport it won't with Jackson, that makes zero sense to me.

I was once a 16yo elite competitive skater, especially muscular legs and I'm extremely powerful when I jump and stroke on the ice so IDK why she's busting so many boots so quickly etc unless they weren't a right fit in the first place, mind you the newer nylon type laces suck and bust too easily and I refuse to use them. Muscular doesn't equal heavy so what about is her weight, she may be getting put in something that isn't going to work for her weight and height etc.

Again, have her try RF1 Risport or she may just need a full custom at this point in her skating.