Russian Junior Test Skates 2023 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Test Skates 2023

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
but why is this allowed? like shouldn't it be decided by the fed?
I guess the fed looks at how many open spots they have for junior test skates, then looks at the skaters in a coaching group and tells the coaches they can bring x skaters of the skaters the federation has approved? Or they might require them to bring certain skaters but leave one spot up to the coaches?

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Probably the same way it did last season for the second junior test skates, when Kamila Nelyubova, Maria Mazur and Nikita Sarnovsky went despite not being on any national teams for the season (initially Maxim Avtushenko was supposed to go instead of Nikita, so there were already some discussions last season).
By the way, a little reminder. It was announced that Maria Mazur will not participate in the test skate for some reasons, but not medical.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Tatyana Navka's Academy "Nashi nadeyhy'("Our Hopes"): "Victoria Morozova and Makar Puzin will take part in the test skates of the Russian Junior National Team!
We wish good luck to the guys!"

Makar Puzin is not in the junior national team, however he is invited? Perhaps we will see other invitees as well.
Oh my gosh! Glad to hear that! Smirnova's Team!

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Junior test skate teams:

Boys

Group 1 (4 skaters)

Vadim Voronov
(? Nikita) Sarnovsky
Lev Lazarev
Aleksandr Chmil
? - vacant

Group 2 (5 skaters)

Arseniy Fedotov
Grigory Fedorov
Mikhail Tikhonov
Nikolay Kolesnikov
Eduard Karartynyan

Group 3 (5 skaters)

Ivan Ramzenkov
Dmitriy Shelkovnikov
Nikolay Ugozhaev
Makar Puzin
Nikolai Loginov

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Junior test skate teams:

Girls

Group 1 (5 skaters)

Margarita Bazyliuk
Alisa Dvoeglazova
Elizaveta Kulikova
Agata Petrova
Alena Prineva

Group 2 (5 skaters)

Victoria Morozova
Veronika Zhilina
Sofya Titova
Kira Trofimova
Maria Gordeeva
? - vacant

Group 3 (5 skaters)

Nadezhda Ponteleenko
Lyubov Rubtsova
Elizaveta Labutina
Anastasia Marasanova
Taisiya Korobitsina
? - vacant

Slots for 2 girls and 1 boy are vacant

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Veronika Zhilina's fan group said in the comments that Nika plans to perform at the junior national team's test skates and the Russian national team's test skates too.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Veronika Zhilina's fan group said in the comments that Nika plans to perform at the junior national team's test skates and the Russian national team's test skates too.
but why, isnt the junior spot in that case better given to someone else? Especially as unlike previous years there's no JGP assignments to complete for. Also which fan group has said this?

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
but why, isnt the junior spot in that case better given to someone else? Especially as unlike previous years there's no JGP assignments to complete for. Also which fan group has said this?
Veronika's official fan group. However, the information has not been officially confirmed yet.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Team Sliusarenko:

Elizaveta Romanova/Valeri Nazarov will take part in junior test skates.

Ekaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov will miss both junior and senior test skates due to Matvei's knee injury.

Elizaveta Osokina/Artem Gritsaenko will also miss junior test skates because Artem is recovering after a fracture that he got in May. But they will take part in senior test skates.

Yulia Artemieva/Aleksei Briukhanov will take part in senior test skates.

https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...kontrolnyje_prokaty_juniorskoj_sbornoj_Rossii

katymay

Medalist
Junior test skate teams:

Girls

Group 1 (5 skaters)

Margarita Bazyliuk
Alisa Dvoeglazova
Elizaveta Kulikova
Agata Petrova
Alena Prineva

Group 2 (5 skaters)

Victoria Morozova
Veronika Zhilina
Sofya Titova
Kira Trofimova
Maria Gordeeva
? - vacant

Group 3 (5 skaters)

Nadezhda Ponteleenko
Lyubov Rubtsova
Elizaveta Labutina
Anastasia Marasanova
Taisiya Korobitsina
? - vacant

Slots for 2 girls and 1 boy are vacant
I hope they invite Elena Kostyleva...I know she is only 12 but I love to watch her skate.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I hope they invite Elena Kostyleva...I know she is only 12 but I love to watch her skate.
Elena Kostyleva will continue to skate in the novice category, so this is not very likely to happen.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Team Sliusarenko:

Elizaveta Romanova/Valeri Nazarov will take part in junior test skates.

Ekaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Yanchenkov will miss both junior and senior test skates due to Matvei's knee injury.

Elizaveta Osokina/Artem Gritsaenko will also miss junior test skates because Artem is recovering after a fracture that he got in May. But they will take part in senior test skates.

Yulia Artemieva/Aleksei Briukhanov will take part in senior test skates.

https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...kontrolnyje_prokaty_juniorskoj_sbornoj_Rossii
Team Roslyakov:

Maria Simonova/Martin Breslavskiy and Valeria Khodykina/Aleksei Belkin will take part in junior test skates.

Simonova/Breslavskiy
SP: Rain, In Your Black Eyes
FS: Aladdin

Khodykina/Belkin
SP: Spartacus
FS: Bohemian Rhapsody

Cr: Betina's interview

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Is there a list for pairs/dance?
There may be one later. Sport and dance junior pairs will come to the test skates after August 25.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Prelude to the national team test skates - St. Petersburg team test skates

"St. Petersburg juniors opened the sports season

The new sports season in St. Petersburg started with control pre-season skating by the Novice and junior teams. The control skating rides were held in four arenas of the city (DS "Yubileiny", SC "Ice Arena" on Peredovikov, the Academy of Figure Skating on Ice and the sports complex on Babushkina Street, 30). Skaters of the leading physical culture and sports organizations of the Northern Capital took part in them - SSOR figure skating, the sports school of Olympic reserve "Star Ice" of the Tamara Moskvina Sports Club and the Academy of Ice Sports "Dynamo St. Petersburg".

According to Larisa Fedoseeva, the chief judge of the control skating, the chairman of the coaching council of the Federation, in general the athletes of both youth and junior national teams showed high readiness for the new season. The skaters who will participate in the test skating of the Russian junior national team have shown themselves especially well. They will be held in August in Novogorsk.

Without exception, all the judges noted the good preparation for the season of Ivan Ramzenkov and Nikolay Ugozhaev. The athletes successfully presented new interesting programs and confidently performed all the ultra-с elements declared in them."

This means that Ivan Ramzenkov has successfully performed 3 trixels and at least one quadsalchow. He's 13 years old, he's serious. If he keeps this up, I'll start a separate fan thread for him this season 🫶

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Interestingly, I don't see Vladislav Dikidzhi and Maxim Belyavskiy in the lists. Have they not confirmed their participation? Perhaps Vlad is going to compete in the adults, but it seems to me that he is not ready, he needs one more junior season. I hope they are healthy.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Interestingly, I don't see Vladislav Dikidzhi and Maxim Belyavskiy in the lists. Have they not confirmed their participation? Perhaps Vlad is going to compete in the adults, but it seems to me that he is not ready, he needs one more junior season. I hope they are healthy.
I also didn't see Max B in recent group training photos at Moskvich, hope he's alright 🤞 He was really improving towards the end of last season.