Russian Ladies Team for EC 2015: facts, speculations and drama | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Russian Ladies Team for EC 2015: facts, speculations and drama

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Liza got fat", "Liza let herself go", "she's done", "hopeless", "she never was that good", "she should leave Mishin... just like Artur did", "Mishin should dump Liza, she's a lost cause", "Mishin is outdated and clueless" etc. Along these lines. And of course, who could forget, "Mishin has Nugumanova, he doesn't need Liza".

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?424-2014-Russian-Figure-Skating-Championships

I've been reading thru a lot of the threads from last year's Russian Nationals and I'm not seeing it. In fact some of the posters saying Yulia shouldn't be considered based on her season for Euro's were pulling for Liza to go last year after having a far less successful GP season. :think:

I'm aware that some posters were saying mean things about Liza but that's not what I meant. I meant dumping on people's chances to skate well and their credibility overall.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Nina Moser: "I did not comment on the selection for the European Championship"

Coach Nina Moser said that she did not comment on the selection rules for the European Championship.

"I am furious that I read in the press - I do not make comments on the composition of the participants of the championship of Russia, selection for the European Championship. But, arriving in Sochi, where the tournament starts tomorrow, the first thing I see - his own words, which I did not speak , against Julia.

Instead of quietly preparing for the start, I have to listen to some comments on the statements that I made ", - quotes Moser TASS.

Alba

Record Breaker
I agree with what someone else mentioned - Mozer is also in Adelina and her coach's spot with Volosozhar/Trankov possibly getting a ticket to Euros/Worlds without competing at all this season. So she probably feels that any hint of an attack at Adelina or the position Adelina is in, will hurt her skaters as well.

There is no question or doubt from anyone that V&T should go at Worlds, if they are ready. Europeans are out of question because Trankov is in Germany for a month, doing rehabiliation. But Pairs situation is not like the girls.
They have new teams and young teams now, but only 2 established couple with experience like S&K and K&S.
Furthermore, only V&T can beat a clean D&R. Therefore I agree with whatif, this is more than just about Yulia/Adelina going to Euros. Anyway, Mozer attacking Yulia is cheap and quite shameful.

Alba

Record Breaker

Coach Nina Moser said that she did not comment on the selection rules for the European Championship.

"I am furious that I read in the press - I do not make comments on the composition of the participants of the championship of Russia, selection for the European Championship. But, arriving in Sochi, where the tournament starts tomorrow, the first thing I see - his own words, which I did not speak , against Julia.

Instead of quietly preparing for the start, I have to listen to some comments on the statements that I made ", - quotes Moser TASS.

Thank you gallavich. I heard that Moskvina as well said something against Eteri's comments? Probably that's a false news as well.

nullusecundus

Rinkside
Тренер Тамара Москвина считает, что решение о включении олимпийской чемпионки Аделины Сотниковой в сборную России на чемпионат Европы будет правильным.

«Если Сотникова успеет подготовиться к чемпионату Европы, то для нее, как для олимпийской чемпионки, Федерация фигурного катания организует дополнительный прокат, учитывая ее заслуги и высокие достижения на Олимпиаде. И по его итогам этого проката Федерации фигурного катания решит, включать спортсменку в состав сборной команды России для участия в чемпионате Европы или чемпионата мира или нет.

Все зависит от того, когда она подготовится. Но в любом случае включить ее в сборную команду России будет совершенно правильно», – приводит слова Москвиной сайт «Доверенные лица Владимира Путина».

Alba

Record Breaker
Тренер Тамара Москвина считает, что решение о включении олимпийской чемпионки Аделины Сотниковой в сборную России на чемпионат Европы будет правильным.

«Если Сотникова успеет подготовиться к чемпионату Европы, то для нее, как для олимпийской чемпионки, Федерация фигурного катания организует дополнительный прокат, учитывая ее заслуги и высокие достижения на Олимпиаде. И по его итогам этого проката Федерации фигурного катания решит, включать спортсменку в состав сборной команды России для участия в чемпионате Европы или чемпионата мира или нет.

Все зависит от того, когда она подготовится. Но в любом случае включить ее в сборную команду России будет совершенно правильно», – приводит слова Москвиной сайт «Доверенные лица Владимира Путина».

Thanks. Any translation?

Roman09

Final Flight
Thanks. Any translation?
Tamara Moskvina considers that the decision to include Sotnikova in Russian national team for participation in the European championship will be the correct decision. And for some reason writes about it on the site "Authorized Representatives of Vladimir Putin"

Alba

Record Breaker
Tamara Moskvina considers that the decision to include to Sotnikov in Russian national team for participation in the European championship will be the correct decision. And for some reason writes about it on the site "Authorized Representatives of Vladimir Putin"

What site is that? :confused:

Roman09

Final Flight
The quote from Moskvina's article strikes:
"everything depends on when Sotnikova will be prepared. But anyway the decision to include her in a national team of Russia will be perfectly":shocked:

Last edited:

whatif

Medalist

A non-denial denial, I guess. I understand if she claimed that her words were twisted but flat out denying even saying anything? Just weird.

Who need Worlds championships when you have Russian Nationals? This is juicier than an episode of Real Housewives.

http://i.imgur.com/oU6bflS.gif

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It seems like everyone has his/her opinion to tell about who will go to Euros, and the competition hasn't even begun :slink: This should be added to the "why everyone should love fs" list of reasons :drama:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ugh I really just want Anna to skate like she's capable of and get the spot to Euros. If Julia is great at Nationals then I'm fine with her going instead, but for me Anna just has everything. I don't care too much that her spins are sloppy, she has the flexibility and gets the levels, and her actual skating is just so strong, fast, and her jumps are big. To me, her 3lz-3t is much more impressive than that of Julia or Elena because of the size of it. Plus this is shallow but she's so pretty and she hasn't been held up or given any gifts really ever, I just want her to get a chance and do well. Plus she'd look great on endorsements http://instagram.com/annapogorilaya/ :love:

buch

Match Penalty
Ugh I really just want Anna to skate like she's capable of and get the spot to Euros. If Julia is great at Nationals then I'm fine with her going instead, but for me Anna just has everything. I don't care too much that her spins are sloppy, she has the flexibility and gets the levels, and her actual skating is just so strong, fast, and her jumps are big. To me, her 3lz-3t is much more impressive than that of Julia or Elena because of the size of it. Plus this is shallow but she's so pretty and she hasn't been held up or given any gifts really ever, I just want her to get a chance and do well. Plus she'd look great on endorsements http://instagram.com/annapogorilaya/ :love:
Is she prettier than Adelina? :)