Sasha Cohen's "Day in the Life" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's "Day in the Life"

bronxgirl

Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:
IWith all due respect to Sasha, she is not a professional nutritionist and is not qualified to dispel advice to people as to what they should or should not eat. Certainly, friendly advice is OK, but let's take it with a grain of salt.

That being said, IMHO, Sasha's eating regimen seems to be working fine for her. She has a strong, sleek, healthy body.

She probably has a professional nutritionist guiding her on her diet, which is something her fans don't have access to in all probabiity.

peachstatesk8er

On the Ice
There are plenty of entries in Sasha's diary where she talks about food and what she eats. Jan. 1 and Feb. 7 both have more info than what is listed on that other page.

I think she's smart if she's getting her carbs from fruits, wild oats, whole-grain breads and the like, instead of from processed packaged foods. Those are better choices for anyone, especially an athlete. She says she eats a little bit of everything, in small portions, something that is also good advice for the general public, IMO.

And for the person who is so concerned that Sasha didn't mention any bananas :p ....they both look pretty good to me.

Nutrition and Calories in Apples (w/Skin)
Water content (grams per 100g) 85.56
Calorie content of Food (kcals per 100g/3.5oz) 52
Protein content (grams per 100g) 0.26
Fat content (lipids) (grams per 100g) 0.17
Ash content (grams per 100g) 0.19
Carbohydrate content (grams per 100g) 13.81
Dietary Fiber content (grams per 100g) 2.4
Sugar content (grams per 100g) 10.39

Minerals Nutrition in Apples
Calcium (Ca) content (mg per 100g) 6
Iron (Fe) content (mg per 100g) 0.12
Magnesium (Mg) content (mg per 100g) 5
Phosphorus (P) content (mg per 100g) 11
Potassium (K) content (mg per 100g) 107
Sodium (Na) content (mg per 100g) 1
Zinc (Zn) content (mg per 100g) 0.04
Copper (Cu) content (mg per 100g) 0.027
Manganese (Mn) content (mg per 100g) 0.035
Selenium (Se) content (µ per 100g) 0

Vitamins Nutrition in Apples
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) content (mg per 100g) 4.6
Thiamin content (vitamin B-1) (mg per 100g) 0.017
Riboflavin content (vitamin B-2) (mg per 100g) 0.026
Niacin content (vitamin B-3) (mg per 100g) 0.091
Pantothenic Acid content (vitamin B-5) (mg per 100g) 0.061
Vitamin B-6 content (mg per 100g) 0.041
Folate content (µg per 100g) 3
Folic Acid content (µg per 100g) 0
Food Folate content (µg per 100g) 3
Folate content (DFE per 100g) 3
Vitamin B-12 content (µg per 100g) 0
Vitamin A content (µg per 100g) 54
Vitamin A content (Int. Units, IU, per 100g) 3
Retinol content (µg per 100g) 0
Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) content (µg per 100g) 0.18

Nutrition and Calories in Bananas
Water content (grams per 100g) 74.91
Calorie content of Food (kcals per 100g/3.5oz) 89
Protein content (grams per 100g) 1.09
Fat content (lipids) (grams per 100g) 0.33
Ash content (grams per 100g) 0.82
Carbohydrate content (grams per 100g) 22.84
Dietary Fiber content (grams per 100g) 2.6
Sugar content (grams per 100g) 12.23

Minerals Nutrition in Bananas
Calcium (Ca) content (mg per 100g) 5
Iron (Fe) content (mg per 100g) 0.26
Magnesium (Mg) content (mg per 100g) 27
Phosphorus (P) content (mg per 100g) 22
Potassium (K) content (mg per 100g) 358
Sodium (Na) content (mg per 100g) 1
Zinc (Zn) content (mg per 100g) 0.15
Copper (Cu) content (mg per 100g) 0.078
Manganese (Mn) content (mg per 100g) 0.27
Selenium (Se) content (µ per 100g) 1

Vitamins Nutrition in Bananas
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) content (mg per 100g) 8.7
Thiamin content (vitamin B-1) (mg per 100g) 0.031
Riboflavin content (vitamin B-2) (mg per 100g) 0.073
Niacin content (vitamin B-3) (mg per 100g) 0.665
Pantothenic Acid content (vitamin B-5) (mg per 100g) 0.334
Vitamin B-6 content (mg per 100g) 0.367
Folate content (µg per 100g) 20
Folic Acid content (µg per 100g) 0
Food Folate content (µg per 100g) 20
Folate content (DFE per 100g) 20
Vitamin B-12 content (µg per 100g) 0
Vitamin A content (µg per 100g) 64
Vitamin A content (Int. Units, IU, per 100g) 3
Retinol content (µg per 100g) 0
Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) content (µg per 100g) 0.1

Lucy25

Final Flight
Rgirl said:
Who designed this year's "Nutcracker" costume? I think it's your best since your SP costume for the Olympics.
Rgirl
I don't think she has unveiled her Nutcracker dress yet. Do you know something we don't?

peachstatesk8er

On the Ice
Lucy25 said:
I don't think she has unveiled her Nutcracker dress yet. Do you know something we don't?
Her journal entry from yesterday says she'll be using her My Fair Lady dress and modifying it for the Nutcracker.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Lucy25 said:

I don't want to speak for her but maybe she's referring to the dress that Cohen put on at Campbell's.

I think she wrote a journal entry recently that talked about it?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Her journal entry from yesterday says she'll be using her My Fair Lady dress and modifying it for the Nutcracker.

Ha...we posted at exactly the same time. So that's it, then. I guess she likes that dress, as opposed to getting an entirely new costume. BTW, what DOES her MFL dress look like? I don't think I've seen it.

LBC

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
Ha...we posted at exactly the same time. So that's it, then. I guess she likes that dress, as opposed to getting an entirely new costume. BTW, what DOES her MFL dress look like? I don't think I've seen it.

She'll ditch the crown and the necklace I'm guessing. I think it will look good for Nutcracker. She said her new costumes aren't ready yet so this is a temporary change.

nuggetr

Rinkside
Mathman said:
Aw, Nuggetr, that's mean. And Michelle says such nice things about you!

Mathman:)
Yea Right!!!!!!!!! I get so tired of people saying Sasha copies Michelle. Why would anyone that can skate as well as Sasha want to copy Michelle. I don't like her skating never have never will. And before anyone starts I know very well what she has won so I don't need anyone reminding me, BUT that still does not mean Sasha would want to copy her..And she does fling her arms, not in a gentle way but like she is trying to beat the heck out of sometning or some one!!! And to me that is not pretty skating, sorry if I step on anyones toes. (NOT)

Lucy25

Final Flight
peachstatesk8er said:
Thanks for the info. Sasha has said she plans to keep MFL as her exhibition for a while, so I am guessing the dress won't be altered too much.

Nuggetr, I'm afraid you're beating a dead horse here. Nobody said that Sasha copies Michelle, or that she would want to. Idleracer made a little joke that the title of this thread reminded him of the name of one of Michelle's programs. That's all.

Everybody else got it and moved on.

Your friend and Sasha's,

Mathman :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks, MM. I thought her program was very bare, if she wants to contend she'll have to put more in it, and not make any silly mistakes.

I don't think MFL has been televised, so the vast majority of the fans have not seen it; therefore, she should keep it.

And she does fling her arms, not in a gentle way but like she is trying to beat the heck out of sometning or some one!!! And to me that is not pretty skating, sorry if I step on anyones toes

Are you referring to Cohen or Kwan here? Sorry, it's not clear to me...

Red Dog said:
I don't want to speak for her but maybe she's referring to the dress that Cohen put on at Campbell's.
Yes, Red Dog, I was referring to the dress Cohen wore at Campbell's. I do really like that costume and am curious to know who designed it. And it was fine for you to speak for me, especially since you got it right:agree:

Re: the "My Fair Lady" dress, take the frou-frou off in addition to the necklace and I'd probably like it. The tiara might work with "Nutcracker" but I tend to like simpler costumes -- unless you're a heavy metal band:biggrin:
Rgirl

Hi Red Dog. Sasha's My fair Lady exhibition, that she did on COI last summer, was a masterpiece of charm and flow, IMHO. Someone commented here that the program was so beautifully crafted that you forgot she was skating, the way she drew the audience in. I agree.

She could have danced all night, LOL.

MM:)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Hi Red Dog. Sasha's My fair Lady exhibition, that she did on COI last summer, was a masterpiece of charm and flow, IMHO. Someone commented here that the program was so beautifully crafted that you forgot she was skating, the way she drew the audience in. I agree.

This program seems to get a lot of rave reviews. I rarely watch the exhibitions- they tend to bore me. I've only seen Michelle's Fallin' program (in which I like the song but not the program), Arakawa's ex and Cohen's old program.

I suppose I'll just have to see for myself then, whenever it's televised. :sheesh:

Last edited:

Peggy

On the Ice
Mathman said:

I"ve only seen pictures of Sasha's My Fair Lady dress but it looked really beautiful and perfect for the Nutcracker program.

Is there a video anywhere of Sasha's MY Fair Lady? I hope I'll have a chance to see it someday.

Peggy

nuggetr

Rinkside
Red Dog said:
Thanks, MM. I thought her program was very bare, if she wants to contend she'll have to put more in it, and not make any silly mistakes.

I don't think MFL has been televised, so the vast majority of the fans have not seen it; therefore, she should keep it.

Are you referring to Cohen or Kwan here? Sorry, it's not clear to me...
Sorry If I didn't make myself clear..I was talking about Michelle. Sasha has beautiful arm movements.

nuggetr

Rinkside
Mathman said:
Nuggetr, I'm afraid you're beating a dead horse here. Nobody said that Sasha copies Michelle, or that she would want to. Idleracer made a little joke that the title of this thread reminded him of the name of one of Michelle's programs. That's all.

Everybody else got it and moved on.

Your friend and Sasha's,

Mathman :)
SORRY if I am the only one who didn't know that it was a joke!!!! I guess I just don't get these kind of jokes. :sheesh: What does" skate to yet another one of Michelle Kwan"s old routines" mean then? It sure sounds like Sasha copying Michelle to me as "doing her OLD ROUTINE" Moving on :agree:

Last edited:

nuggetr

Rinkside
gezando said:
Well Sasha already did that , ie skating arrond the ice in the zzz boring robin version swan lake program at worlds 03 free skate. Anyways a day in the life brought Michelle a world gold, I say MK swing at invisible ice monsters or visible ones too who streaked before her skate or tried to bump into her in warm up ice practice.

BTW, I think idleracer is very smart, and he makes smart statement all the time, including the one you quoted here. So IMHO, the "not smart" wasn't Idle's statement, maybe the interpretation??????
You may have thought it was zzz as you put it but not everyone feels this way, but that is ok with me. You are intitled to you opinion just as I am RIGHT? And very nice of you to defend idleracer. :agree:

Last edited: