Sasha Cohen's "Day in the Life" | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's "Day in the Life"

nymkfan51

Medalist
Rgirl said:
Yes, Red Dog, I was referring to the dress Cohen wore at Campbell's. I do really like that costume and am curious to know who designed it.

Rgirl ... not sure who designed it, but I believe she used this dress once or twice in her Rach program in the '02-'03 season.

ETA ... For some reason I'm thinking that Sasha may have designed this dress. Don't know for sure though.

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
bronxgirl said:
She probably has a professional nutritionist guiding her on her diet, which is something her fans don't have access to in all probabiity.

No doubt about that. I am always skeptical about celebrities endorsing diets, exercise, routines, or even what kind of food they eat or not eat. Seriously do you really think that is all they do (in terms of exercise) or all they eat? Even if that is exactly what they do, like you said there are likely nutritionists and exercise therapists working with them, these are things not too easily accessible to average people.

nuggetr said:
can skate as well as Sasha want to copy Michelle.

Michelle is a world gold medalist, national gold medalist, and Olympic medalist, and those are things that Sasha wants, or Sasha is wannabe of all of the above. BTW idleracer's original words were "skate to another MK old routines", he did not said "copy".

I don't like her skating never have never will. And before anyone starts I know very well what she has won so I don't need anyone reminding me,

So you don't like Michelle's art, and others do, you think Sasha Cohen has pretty arm movement, and others think her arm choreography is next to none and her arms are stiff, one dimension, e.g. fist in palm out motion in the sp from the last 2 seasons . What is art is entirely subjective, but world medals are cold hard fact. You don't like MK, I understand that acknowledgement of MK's achivements can be painful for you. You were the one who brought up MK's medals first int this thread, why????

And to me that is not pretty skating,

A true artist is willing to risk not looking pretty for the sake of art, e.g. Dinero put on 70 lbs for raging bull. Then again MK could be realistically moving her arms to fight off the visible "monsters" who tried to bump into her :rofl:

Last edited:

LBC

On the Ice
nymkfan51 said:
Rgirl ... not sure who designed it, but I believe she used this dress once or twice in her Rach program in the '02-'03 season.

ETA ... For some reason I'm thinking that Sasha may have designed this dress. Don't know for sure though.

Nope that dress was designed by Tarosava's dress designer, Natalia something.
She did the black Malaguena dress as well and showed her doing both dresses on a Lifetime fluff piece. I know Sasha wore it at Skate Canada for Rach. Used it for an exhbition I think too. For some reason Sasha didn't like it and designed a new one herself for Nats and Worlds. That was the blue/gold one.

Sasha did design the My Fair Lady dress. It is in the link that Mathman gave earlier.

nuggetr

Rinkside
gezando said:
No doubt about that. I am always skeptical about celebrities endorsing diets, exercise, routines, or even what kind of food they eat. Seriously do you really think that is all they do (in terms of exercise) or all they eat? Even if that is exactly what they do, like you said there are likely nutritionists and exercise therapists working with them, these are things not too easily accessible to average people.

Michelle is a world gold medalist, national gold medalist, and Olympic medalist, and those are things that Sasha wants, or Sasha is wannabe of all of the above. BTW idleracer's original words were "skate to another MK old routines", he did not said "copy".

So you don't like Michelle's art, and others do, you think Sasha Cohen has pretty arm movement, and others think her arm choreography is next to none and her arms are stiff, one dimension, e.g. fist in palm out motion in the sp from the last 2 seasons . What is art is entirely subjective, but world medals are cold hard fact. You don't like MK, I understand that acknowledgement of MK's achivements can be painful for you. You were the one who brought up MK's medals first int this thread, why????

A true artist is willing to look not pretty for the sake of art, e.g. Dinero put on 70 lbs for raging bull. Then again MK could be realistically moving her arms to fight off the visible "monsters" who tried to bump into her :rofl:
Maybe that is why she flings her arms like she does.. Thanks for clearning that up for me. But that has already be stated. Your a little late here, and I did state I know all about Michelle's awards so you could have save yourself all the typing. Does not change the way I see her MY OPINION AND I CAN STATE IT HERE OR ANYWHERE I WANT!!! If you don't like it so what!!!

gezando

Final Flight
nuggetr said:
And before anyone starts I know very well what she has won

nuggetr said:
I did state I know all about Michelle's awards so you could have save yourself all the typing. Does not change the way I see her MY OPINION AND I CAN STATE IT HERE OR ANYWHERE I WANT!!! If you don't like it so what!!!

My point is you are the first one to bring up MK's "what she has won" in this thread, if something is so painful to you why do it. If you don't want to be reminded of MK's medals count, then why brought it up first? BTW, I did not "start" on all her wins, just some, i.e. she is a world gold, national gold medalist, and olympic medalists, and Sasha is a wanna be in all of the above. Oh no one is trying to change your opinion about MK, but people can disagree with you like you said, "if you don't like it so what" (just quoting you, hmm.. and I don't think I will use all CAPS to shout at you here or anywhere) ;)

Last edited:

nuggetr

Rinkside
gezando said:
My point is you are the first one to bring up MK's "what she has won" in this thread, if something is so painful to you why do it. If you don't want to be reminded of MK's medals count, then why brought it up first? BTW, I did not "start" on all her wins, just some, i.e. she is a world gold, national gold medalist, and olympic medalists, and Sasha is a wanna be in all of the above. Oh no one is trying to change your opinion about MK, but people can disagree with you like you said, "if you don't like it so what" (just quoting you, hmm.. and I don't think I will use all CAPS to shout at you here or anywhere) ;)
Wasn't shouting just stating a fact!! I do know all she has won I have followed skating a very long time..Sorry if I am the first one to bring up what she has won here , didn't know that was a crime..And what is it that is so painful to me???I don't care how many "wins" she has, I didn't say anything about that. Sasha is not a wannabe as you put it. She just wants to skate her best and if she wins very good if not she better try harder next time. Face the facts they all want to win the gold, that is why they ALL work their butts off..Or are they all just Michelle wannabes? You like Michelle, a lot of poeple do but that does not mean we all have to. Sorry I got your panties in such a tight knot, but other people do have opinions on here not just you!! As for the bumping thing even Michelle said it happens all the time in warm-up. Maybe just maybe Michelle wanted to bump Sasha. HUM something to think about..Oh no sorry for the caps not shouting here..That is old news most people are way past it by now.

gezando

Final Flight
nuggetr said:
Wasn't shouting just stating a fact!!
Well using CAPS is = to shouting

Sorry if I am the first one to bring up what she has won here , didn't know that was a crime..
You can't argue in circles, you brought up MK's wins here first, then you got so irritated when others follow that up.

Or are they all just Michelle wannabes?
I did not say any skater is a Michelle wannabe, I said "world gold, national gold and olympic medal wannabe"

I got your panties in such a tight knot

Now whose ******* is in a tight knot? Who used all CAPS??? Who took one harmless statement (understood as a joke) from idleracer and blew it up sky high?

are way past it by now.

I didn't specify what competition and who, so you assumed quite a bit. Since you brought up Michelle was flinging at monsters, that made me associate with some real life monsters who tried to streak before MK skate, or tried to bump into her.

Last edited:

nuggetr

Rinkside
gezando said:
Well using CAPS is taken as shouting in the net

You can't argue in circles, you brought up MK's wins here first, then you got so irritated when others follow that up.

I did not say any skater is a Michelle wannabe, I said "world gold, national gold and olympic medal wannabe"

Now whose ******* is in a tight knot? Who used all CAPS??? Who took one harmless statement (understood as a joke) from idleracer and blew it up sky high?

I didn't specify what competition and who, so you assumed quite a bit. Since you brought up Michelle was flinging at monsters, that made me associate with some real life monsters who tried to streak before MK skate, or tried to bump into her.
Who died and left you in charge??Caps are also used to make a point!! It is only certain words NOT the whole statemant. I did not bring up Michelle's wins or anyone else here. If you can read I said "before anyone brings it up" I am well aware of her record..So I really don't see where you are coming from, I am not arguing in circles. But that sounds like fun to me, maybe I will try it next time. Thanks. Nay on second I don't think that would be a good idea, sounds to much like your posts. :sheesh:

Nuggetr,

I would like to apologize to you for whatever part I might have played in starting this argument. (And you can tell I'm sincere because I am taking a break from Kristi Yamaguchi's :love: Salute to American Music, which is on right now, to type this, LOL.)

To all: We can support and cheer for our own favorite skaters without having to insult other people's favorites.

Mathman

NYMKfan and LBC,
Thanks for the info on the designer of Sasha's Campbell's dress.:) I thought it looked familiar. :laugh:
Rgirl

R.D.

Record Breaker
People will have their own opinions about skaters and what they like or don't like. Some people like a certain style, others don't. Most people here seem to like MK, some of us don't. I would like to hope there is nothing wrong with liking a skater or a certain style of skating...

Yes, it's getting toward nationals. For some reason, it's DEFENSIVE mode time for the ardent fans of some skaters :rofl: during this period. Not that the skaters need to be defended or anything... :sheesh: :laugh: I especially see the Michelle fans and Sasha fans having it out...

gezando

Final Flight
nuggetr said:
Who died and left you in charge??Caps are also used to make a point!! It is only certain words NOT the whole statemant.

I hope no one dies, are you sure you are not the one who is trying to be in charge. On this thread about food, you went off and fired the first shot at idle's harmless statement as "not smart".

nuggetr said:
MY OPINION AND I CAN STATE IT HERE OR ANYWHERE I WANT!!!
That is a whole statement + some words. And your statement made in caps plus !!! came across as screaming

Last edited:

Fossi

Final Flight
I'm glad Sasha finally got a new exhibition. She used R&J too long, and I'm looking forward to finally seeing her branch out to something different. I haven't seen My Fair Lady, but as long as it's finally new, I'll watch it.

S

SkateFan4Life

I like both Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen, and I hope that both of them skate their best at Nationals and Worlds. It doesn't matter that much to me who wins, as it has nothing to do with me, personally. I would like to see Michelle Kwan hang in there through the 2006 season and win the elusive Olympic gold medal, but if it doesn't happen, so be it. Life as we know it will continue regardless of what direction Kwan's and Cohen's skating career takes. :biggrin:

Good luck to both of you!

rtureck

Final Flight
Fossi said:
I'm glad Sasha finally got a new exhibition. She used R&J too long, and I'm looking forward to finally seeing her branch out to something different. I haven't seen My Fair Lady, but as long as it's finally new, I'll watch it.

At COI, Cohen's my fair lady program did not have much flow or charm, and a bit uninspired Fumie's exhibitin had charm and flow :love: IMO Cohen's program had the least flow among the top ladies COI programs.

I have been thinking probably something like Gaspard de la Nuit would be good for Cohen. Ravel drew inspiration from Betrand's prose poem, and Bertrand got his inspiration from the source. I think Gaspard matches Cohen well.

Last edited: