Sasha's Future Plans? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha's Future Plans?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this thread is about Sasha... I'm not talking about Michelle or Irina... much less comparing Paul Wylie to them.

I'm sure Browning IS disappointed about his Olympic win.

In recent interviews Browning has said he's over it, and that his heart wasn't even in the 1994 games. and I assume you meant his lack of a win (much less a podium placement).

With Paul my point was - even those who were thrilled to win their medal - they aren't still parading it around and making it their lifes most defining moment. It was a big moment, but they've continued to grow since leaving that arena. Win or lose, it's NOT life or death.

Last edited:

KayMil01

On the Ice
Wait, so, did Kurt Browning even win an Olympic medal (silver? bronze?) I know he has 4 Worlds Titles.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
as mskater said - Kurt never made the podium at any of the three Olympics he was in... he was 8th (?) in 88, 6th in 1992 (he wouldn't have cracked top 10 with his skates if there'd been CoP), and in 94 he was 5th (that's where he defeatedly said in the K&C after his SP "I guess the Olympics just aren't my thing" and the ever popular "I need a hug").

AFTER the 94 games he was awarded a gold medal that fans created.

Can anyone tell me, that a figure skater must announce his/her retirement?

Sasha is a free woman and can announce anything she wants.

fairly4

Medalist
No Sasha doesn't have to announce retirement, but than she Also Shouldn't say I will tell you later and not tell. Like Michelle she stated she would let us know in November/december after school ends. I hope she does. Sasha earlier last year she stated she would let us know in the spring--nothing , fall so far nothing.
It would help her accuracy if she would state, I don't know and I am not sure I will ever no or tell. Lets wait and see what happens.

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
Is she coming back?

This article is from the news section of Sasha's own website.

http://www.sashacohen.com

Sasha says she's resumed training

Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen on Wednesday said she has resumed serious training after 2½ years away from competitive skating in hopes competing in the 2010 Olympic Games.

"I really want to compete next (season)," Cohen said after a rehearsal for Friday night's McDonald's Family Tribute on Ice at the Galen Center.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Okay, so what we have here are two contradictory pieces of information, so we are right back where we started. Fact is...she will not compete next season if she does Stars on Ice all spring and into the summer.

then again, she will not have a GP assignment, so if she is aiming for nationals 2010....she might. only sasha knows for sure.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
You guys sure like to argue over who is retired and who isn't. Remember how you used to argue over who was gay?

Anyway, there is one advantage to a formal announcement of retirement. After 5 years, a skater is eligible for the national and international Halls of Fame. If Sasha and Michelle (and others ) never announce, they cannot be inducted ……………… except posthumously.

Now, is there any substantial advantage to the Hall of Fame? Well, that can be a debate in itself.