Satoko Miyahara | Page 101 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
awesome job Tiny Queen!! she proved once again that she is consistent and dependable under any circumstance :love: she doesnt give into the pressure even if she is nervous, she fought for some of the landings but managed to stay on her feet while being awesome executing the program, will need to watch it more (and you can bet i will many times!) to see new parts, chsq had some at 1st look, and Satoko please do 2A3T at LP, look at the GOE you got!
btw, its not the judges calls her URs , its the tech panel which was the same as yesterdaty, so its obvious that if they think she deserves the call they make the call

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
after watching again, ioanna i am afraid some of your favourite parts changed a bit, arabesque spiral into twizzles and exit out of 2nd 2A :biggrin: still looks good though :luv17: they made stsq more musical too, there is a part where she marches and does lunge, they added little jump and twizzles mathcing the music, really like it!
and i loved when audience was callping and chanting right before her score came up and the gasp:agree:

sakurano

Final Flight
I saw his performance I found it sublime despite the URs I think she deserved better but good.

I still have not seen his gala program
despite the videos but I can not wait to see him.
:hap10:

ioanna

Record Breaker
after watching again, ioanna i am afraid some of your favourite parts changed a bit, arabesque spiral into twizzles and exit out of 2nd 2A :biggrin:

I noticed :( but I'll get used to it. I was very impressed about how she threw such a beautiful performance while skating under pressure and the noise of the crowd. I know not a lot of people care about this but tiny queen sure knows how to stay focused and fight no matter the circumstances. Despite the UR calls here I still think she made a case for one of the Olympic spots. She proved once again that regardless of the pressure and limited practice time, she is very reliable and a great competitor.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Asahi Shimbun interview after the FS, translated by Iron Klaus
https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/939491388781203458

Some highlights:

"There were a few jumps where I was worried. The scores reflect my thoughts. I am regretful the score is like this but this is the reality."

"I was more nervous than I was at Skate America."

"The second half was better, but the first half was no good."

"I was very surprised about skating in the final and did not think I could get back to my current level. Thinking back at my injury (and convalescence) I think I'm ahead of my schedule so I am thankful I was given the opportunity to be frustrated with my performance here."

"I have discovered a lot of different issues and knowing how to address these issues will give me more confidence. I can rethink how to train for Japanese Nationals with this competition behind me."

ioanna

Record Breaker
Satoko's Aranjuez EX from the gala (I still have no idea who choreographed this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PEzak_cOQs

Satoko and Shoma were punished to drink milk and vegetable juice if they made mistakes in their programs (which they did)
https://cantilovertranslations.tumb...38/shoma-uno-shinichi-demizus-blog-post-grand

With Wakaba and the Shibs (between pizza and sushi she chose sushi)
http://tinyqueensatoko.tumblr.com/post/168387988093/shadowsinwinter-maia-alex-satton-and-wakaba-on

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Satoko's Aranjuez EX from the gala (I still have no idea who choreographed this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PEzak_cOQs

Satoko and Shoma were punished to drink milk and vegetable juice if they made mistakes in their programs (which they did)
https://cantilovertranslations.tumb...38/shoma-uno-shinichi-demizus-blog-post-grand

With Wakaba and the Shibs (between pizza and sushi she chose sushi)
http://tinyqueensatoko.tumblr.com/post/168387988093/shadowsinwinter-maia-alex-satton-and-wakaba-on

you know we count on you when it comes to getting info right? :biggrin: seriously though, how do we find who choreographed it? send msg to Jeff and Stephane if they are the ones? start bounty and give prize to whoever find the info? HOW?? :hpull:

btw, just watched in on europort on TV and she looks 10 times more exquisite :love::love: love the part when she stops near the end of the stsq and exit out of 2A, gorgeous:luv17:

sakurano

Final Flight
thank you for the post ioanna.

she is adorable, some people have criticized her for supposedly cheated on her jumps but with this interview she proves to us that they are wrong and that she is a humble person, I respect that.

Satoko bravo, this is a beautiful Ex.:love:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Translated interview of Satoko, Shoma and Wakaba during the exhibition gala.
http://shoma-uno.tumblr.com/post/168391539557/interview-with-shoma-satoko-and-wakaba-during

She said the biggest weapon and power that she gained out of her injury was the fact that she became a lot brighter. She wants to have fun at every competition she enters this season. She also praised Wakaba and said "Her power is well communicated in her skating, and it makes me think, “I wish I had that too".

GGFan

Record Breaker
I know people find TSL controversial but please overlook that this once!!

Sandra Bezic was on today and guess who she said has the best short program choreographically in the world?? https://youtu.be/_HSl_3gP4Ew?t=28m52s

Our Tiny Queen is getting her well deserved props from someone I legitimately respect! :dance::hap57::love:

Leonardo

Final Flight
Translated interview of Satoko, Shoma and Wakaba during the exhibition gala.
http://shoma-uno.tumblr.com/post/168391539557/interview-with-shoma-satoko-and-wakaba-during

She said the biggest weapon and power that she gained out of her injury was the fact that she became a lot brighter. She wants to have fun at every competition she enters this season. She also praised Wakaba and said "Her power is well communicated in her skating, and it makes me think, “I wish I had that too".

So true!!!

AnCho

Rinkside
Satton definitely look much relaxed now. She used to be more serious, but I saw her now to be more relaxed and allow herself to take it more easily. :luv17:She looks so much more mature isn't she? Very beautiful indeed:agree:

sakurano

Final Flight
thank you ioanna for any new report.

It's nice to see her smiling and confident, I remember the shy little Satoko she grew up to be a wonderful athlete.

Good luck to the national:love:

ioanna

Record Breaker
I finally had the chance to listen to Sandra Bezic's full interview with TSL and would just like to point out something she's said that's been on my mind every time Satoko competed this season. She's so nervous when she does those first jumps that she rushes them, makes them smaller and inevitably underrotated. The biggest discrepancy was in the free skate at the GPF where you could just see how the jumps got bigger and fully rotated in the second half as opposed to the 3Lz-3T and 3F in the first half.

Maybe it's because she only started jumping recently, especially the 3Lz-3T that she has this problem because she obviously does them better in practice and obviously jumps higher in the second half. It's something not only Sandra noticed but also other commentators like Kurt Browning on the CBC broadcast. Whatever it is I hope it gets fixed because it takes away from the overall greatness of the program, especially the long. But I feel like she understands this and will work on those nerves.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
She's so nervous when she does those first jumps that she rushes them, makes them smaller and inevitably underrotated.
I think she said as much in one of her interviews? That her jumps are smaller when she's nervous?

Previously, I think her training gave her confidence, so she didn't have to be nervous... she practiced and practiced until she could nail her elements every time... and earn the nickname "Miss Perfect".

But I'm guessing she lost a little of that, following her injury - she was not able to train as much as she used to, or as much as she would like. Plus, returning to competition after a serious injury, and in an important Olympic year, must be pretty nervy no matter how much practice you do.

Her competitions this season have surely helped though, to steadily rebuild her confidence?

ioanna

Record Breaker
I think she said as much in one of her interviews? That her jumps are smaller when she's nervous?

Previously, I think her training gave her confidence, so she didn't have to be nervous... she practiced and practiced until she could nail her elements every time... and earn the nickname "Miss Perfect".

But I'm guessing she lost a little of that, following her injury - she was not able to train as much as she used to, or as much as she would like. Plus, returning to competition after a serious injury, and in an important Olympic year, must be pretty nervy no matter how much practice you do.

Her competitions this season have surely helped though, to steadily rebuild her confidence?

Yes, she did say her jumps get smaller when she's nervous. Which is very costly for her, she cannot afford that. The 3Lo already got better and in my eyes was more rotated at GPF than at Skate America and didn't raise much of a question so I'm hoping the 3Lz-3T and 3F will follow. It is, however, impressive that she doesn't seem to have trouble with the flip edge anymore and it makes me wonder whether that's an additional worry whenever she jumps the flip.